SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

39 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

I’m sorry to say this but Iorfa is no different from any other player - you have to perform to keep your place. Regretfully we cannot keep referring to his form prior to his injuries. Right now the way he is performing he is definitely a liability. 

even a couple years back I was always saying he’s dodgy, legs just go all over the place, wouldn’t be starting him in any games unless we have to 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

So could potential incomings.

FDB is here, he cost us nothing, he won't be on a big wage, he knows the set up, he doesn't need bedding in

I'd keep him, we aren't going to get much for him if we sell him

And you never know, he may decide he wants to stay

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

35 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

FDB is here, he cost us nothing, he won't be on a big wage, he knows the set up, he doesn't need bedding in

I'd keep him, we aren't going to get much for him if we sell him

And you never know, he may decide he wants to stay

It's a stick or twist situation. Personally I'd roll the dice on it, for the right price.

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

I don't think we'd get that much as we didn't develop him through our academy.

Harvey Elliott's move to Liverpool got Fulham £1.5m for context, plus potential add ons. Ethan Ampadu got £1.3m for Exeter to Chelsea and had already played international games. Both had come through their academy and both went to top 4 teams.

Our case would be we picked him up more or less unwanted and got him where he is. I’m sure Man City would have their say but we’d have a decent case for ensuring he doesn’t walk for nothing or without some kind of sell on for us 

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

I just don't think it's worth hoarding players in over subscribed areas.

We've been here before.

If we have good money on the table now, you take it.

I can see your point for sure but Wednesday have sold players for 1/2m before only to then see their value triple. I think it just means we can bide our time a bit. Adeniran, FDB possibly Bakinson are the ones we want to develop a team around (if possible) as Byers and Vaulks are slightly older and Bannan also. Hunt unlikely to be a championship player. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Stockton not the kind of Striker we need . We need some pace up top . Good season last year mind

I think he's a much better player than you think. He scored a number of goals with his feet and is able to beat a man.

If you can score goals for Morecambe you ought definitely be able to do so for Wednesday in this division.

Probably cost 500k or so but must be on low wages at Morecambe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brissy-owl said:

even a couple years back I was always saying he’s dodgy, legs just go all over the place, wouldn’t be starting him in any games unless we have to 

Iorfa was a terrific player when he first signed and an absolute snip at 250K. Since his injury he has been but a pale shadow of his previous self on the pitch.

I was really hoping he'd regained his form but sadly he's lacking in confidence ATM and weirdly hardly wins headers despite his size, which alas we need to address.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Iorfa was a terrific player when he first signed and an absolute snip at 250K. Since his injury he has been but a pale shadow of his previous self on the pitch.

I was really hoping he'd regained his form but sadly he's lacking in confidence ATM and weirdly hardly wins headers despite his size, which alas we need to address.

The social media team posted a clip of the players coming into training and being asked to remove a Jenga block. 

If they were successful, they had to answer a question. 

Everyone did it, and then I see old Dom stroll up and I knew he would be the one that sees the Jenga topple over. Needless to say, he delivered. 

:duntmatter:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by SiJ

1 hour ago, thebizzle said:

They're confident of getting Wilks late on this window.  Got a number of young lads on trial for the u21 side

Your well in the know aren’t you !! lol #uto 

1 hour ago, Brissy-owl said:

Me too.

People are now realising he's been poor and saying he needs to get back to the form of a few years ago. He was crap then too

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I think he's a much better player than you think. He scored a number of goals with his feet and is able to beat a man.

If you can score goals for Morecambe you ought definitely be able to do so for Wednesday in this division.

Probably cost 500k or so but must be on low wages at Morecambe.

I think he would have been a better buy than Smith tbh

• Haha 1

Moore is under huge pressure to deliver from the top not least the fan base? He’s been backed this window, yes not huge amounts but significant for this league? He simply cannot give players be it new signings youth players or players coming back from injuries in lack of form? Look at the reaction to loosing Tuesday night! If he’d gone with youth from the start of the season and lost more than we have we’d av all been on his case ? Iorfa looks nothing like the player that first signed? He was strong in the air when he first arrived and scored a few although playing right back. Hope he comes back strong it’ll be good for him and us if he does , however we ain’t got time to wait hence the signing of the Cardiff lad yesterday.