SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

3 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

As refreshing as it is to see McGuinness is another who’s played consistently in a back 3, like Ihiekwe he played at the centre of the 3. For me our issue is having people that can play either side and excel.  Only Palmer & Storey have done that for me. Hopefully he’s another Storey in that respect, and not another Dunkley or Iorfa. 

Just utter bllx. Richard Wood played centre of the back three for Rotherham and Ihiekwe played LCH for the vast majority of the time.

But dont let facts stop your point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Yep that's why I want 1.5 to 2 million, no reason we can't insert one to cover his next move.

Walks away for nowt at the end of the season.

Nobody gets anything.

Unless he helps us get promoted, then we get something

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Let’s just hope he is a upgrade on Henegan, otherwise we will struggle 

Heneghan looks alright in patches, he’s looked nervy I’ll give you that , but he’s a far better option than Iorfa 

10 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Stockton not the kind of Striker we need . We need some pace up top . Good season last year mind

Would be better than Paterson up top, and on a fraction of the wage if we could offload him, can't see anyone having any interest in taking Pato tho.

We would still need a pacey forward but I would be more than happy if we had both.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PoppycockWednesday said:

Would be better than Paterson up top, and on a fraction of the wage if we could offload him, can't see anyone having any interest in taking Pato tho.

We would still need a pacey forward but I would be more than happy if we had both.

Absolutely yes if pato was gone then for sure . 

ideally we want

windass

gregory

smith

new 

pato (or sell and replace ) 

5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Heneghan looks alright in patches, he’s looked nervy I’ll give you that , but he’s a far better option than Iorfa 

Iorfa needs games hes been injured for the best part of two years.

You dont just step back in playing a new system. Before injury Iorfa was a rock playing 4-4-2.

Before our fans throw him on the scrap heap after 2 games lets give him a run of 10 games playing in a consistent back 3 to get match fitness and sharpness. Playing him then dropping him then playing does not breed consistency.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Yep that's why I want 1.5 to 2 million, no reason we can't insert one to cover his next move.

Walks away for nowt at the end of the season.

Nobody gets anything.

We would get compensation so the club know they could get 500-700k or so plus sell on from that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Iorfa needs games hes been injured for the best part of two years.

You dont just step back in playing a new system. Before injury Iorfa was a rock playing 4-4-2.

Before our fans throw him on the scrap heap after 2 games lets give him a run of 10 games playing in a consistent back 3 to get match fitness and sharpness. Playing him then dropping him then playing does not breed consistency.

I’m sorry to say this but Iorfa is no different from any other player - you have to perform to keep your place. Regretfully we cannot keep referring to his form prior to his injuries. Right now the way he is performing he is definitely a liability. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

We would get compensation so the club know they could get 500-700k or so plus sell on from that. 

I just don't think it's worth hoarding players in over subscribed areas.

We've been here before.

If we have good money on the table now, you take it.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

I don't think we'd get that much as we didn't develop him through our academy.

Harvey Elliott's move to Liverpool got Fulham £1.5m for context, plus potential add ons. Ethan Ampadu got £1.3m for Exeter to Chelsea and had already played international games. Both had come through their academy and both went to top 4 teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Really makes sense for someone to get him, a very decent striker at that level that we didn’t use enough.  

WBA paying anything above £2m would be handy for us. Probably find it’s £500k 

Be brilliant for us. Although I’m sure I read they’re working under an embargo? So if they sell for £2m they can’t spend it right now and he could literally be the difference between them going down or staying up. 

8 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Be brilliant for us. Although I’m sure I read they’re working under an embargo? So if they sell for £2m they can’t spend it right now and he could literally be the difference between them going down or staying up. 

I think that’s true, hopefully WBA make them a sizeable offer they can’t refuse 

• Like 1