SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

8 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Ex-Sheffield Wednesday youngster joins Wycombe Wanderers ahead of Barnsley clash

Wycombe Wanderers have bolstered their squad ahead of their trip to Oakwell on Saturday with the signing of Charles Hagan joining on a free transfer.

Blimey, he's done well for himself there!

Couldn't get a game last season on loan in the National League (South)

... and did no better with our U23s when they sent him back   :mellow:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Blimey, he's done well for himself there!

Couldn't get a game last season on loan in the National League (South)

... and did no better with our U23s when they sent him back   :mellow:

Does seem I surprise signing. Adedoyin seems to be doing alright at this level now so maybe Hagan might flourish there.

Just now, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Does seem I surprise signing. Adedoyin seems to be doing alright at this level now so maybe Hagan might flourish there.

Id be shocked if he does,   Probably shows what kind of budget Wycombe are working with if anything else ,  seen a bit of Hagan and he’s not good enough imo 

1 minute ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

He may well flourish there, but I'd say Liam Waldock was a far likelier prospect and he signed up with Gainsborough Trinity

As for Adedoyin, I have a sneaky feeling we parted with him too soon (unless we have a nice juicy sell-on clause in place)

8 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Portsmouth are apparently poised to place a double bid for Cambridge United’s attacking duo Shilow Tracey and Harvey Knibbs.

The Portsmouth News have reported that Pompey boss Danny Cowley is keen on the two players, with the head coach having stated his desire to add at least one other attacker to his squad.

MK Dons have just had a bid for Knibbs knocked back according to Nancy Frostick. Only one year left on his deal at Cambridge.

As refreshing as it is to see McGuinness is another who’s played consistently in a back 3, like Ihiekwe he played at the centre of the 3. For me our issue is having people that can play either side and excel.  Only Palmer & Storey have done that for me. Hopefully he’s another Storey in that respect, and not another Dunkley or Iorfa. 

Edited by NeonLeon
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

As refreshing as it is to see McGuinness is another who’s played consistently in a back 3, like Ihiekwe he played at the centre of the 3. For me our issue is having people that can play either side and excel.  Only Palmer & Storey have done that for me. Hopefully he’s another Storey in that respect, and not another Dunkley or Iorfa. 

He’s had a good grounding having started out at Arsenal so I’m expecting him to be quite comfortable on the ball given their philosophy.