SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

He’s right footed,   Did surprise me he’s not gone after a left footed centre half but there few and far between ,  Might play Palmer there 

This lad will be direct competition for Heneghan I think 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

He’s right footed,   Did surprise me he’s not gone after a left footed centre half but there few and far between ,  Might play Palmer there 

This lad will be direct competition for Heneghan I think 

I think Ihiekwe played as the left sided centre back at Rotherham?  So could be 

Heneghan   McGuiness   Ihiekwe 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Think Heneghan will stay central and allow Palmer to go to left wing back to try and stop the crosses that Johnson is struggling with 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Think Heneghan will stay central and allow Palmer to go to left wing back to try and stop the crosses that Johnson is struggling with 

we’d lose a lot of our creativity in the Moore system if Palmer is left wing back instead of Johnson or James. 

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

we’d lose a lot of our creativity in the Moore system if Palmer is left wing back instead of Johnson or James. 

Time and place for Liam at left wing back. Certainly worth doing in tougher away games like Bolton on Saturday

We have to look at resolving the problem we seem have got from right wing crosses

• Like 1

I’d be looking at a couple of wide attackers with some pace rather than looking at centre halves. 

I’ve made my mind up that after looking at our current centre halves, I think we would be better suited to a back 4. The current crop are not ball playing defenders and I think we would be better suited letting them defend without as much emphasis on bringing the ball out and distribution. 

Id go 4-3-3. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’d be looking at a couple of wide attackers with some pace rather than looking at centre halves. 

I’ve made my mind up that after looking at our current centre halves, I think we would be better suited to a back 4. The current crop are not ball playing defenders and I think we would be better suited letting them defend without as much emphasis on bringing the ball out and distribution. 

Id go 4-3-3. 

Won’t happen under DM 

3-5-2 

58 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes but he was a train wreck playing that side on Tuesday. Also, Heneghan would be awful on the right side. Less pace than Storey!

• Like 2

McGuiness is powerful and commanding in the air, although he thinks he can play he’s quite shaky with the ball at his feet and the reason he’s dropped down the pecking order at Cardiff who have changed to a more possession type of football. Hopefully a league lower will allow him that bit more time on the ball if we are to persist playing out from the back. Lots of potential and would be a decent signing if it comes off but would say more suited to centre of a 3 or good in a 2. UTO 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Won’t happen under DM 

3-5-2 

Why recruit players who aren’t comfortable playing the system? It’s painful to watch. 

You say it won’t happen under Moore but Darren actually admitted he stumbled on the system last season as historically he was a 4-2-3-1 manager. 

• Like 5