SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

2 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Agree, Patterson will see his deal out here and end up playing for someone like Hibs in the SPL.

More likely Hearts which I think is his team.

I think he’s a decent player and is our equivalent of someone like Joelinton at Newcastle. Not really comfortable up front but could do a job as a physical midfielder. Not that he’d get a game in our midfield now either but he had a couple of sub appearances at the end of last season and looked powerful in there 

Before yesterday, I thought we still needed an option at RWB for genuine competition for Hunt, seeing Palmer as more of a wide centre back these days.

But, I'll probably rethink that now. If Palmer can maintain that form, and keep Hunt out of the side, then I think we have genuine competition in every position.

Suspect Wilks will be our last major signing to the squad, other than another back up goalkeeper which Moore has previously alluded to. 

If you look at our squad, I don't think there can be too many people who can say we aren't well covered in every area.

Goalkeeper

Stockdale

Dawson

3rd Choice Keeper wanted

Right Centre Half

Iorfa

Ihiekwe

Palmer

Centre Half

Ihiekwe

Heneghan

Iorfa

Left Centre Half

McGuinness

Famewo

Palmer

Right Wing Back

Palmer

Hunt

Paterson

Left Wing Back

Johnson

James

Central Midfield

Byers

Bakinson

Dele-Bashiru

Adeniran

Bannan

Paterson

No. 10

Bannan

Windass

Dele-Bashiru

Paterson

Strikers

Gregory

Windass

Smith

Wilks

Sow

Paterson

The only other position you'd perhaps say we're potentially short, would be another wide forward, with only really Windass & Wilks suited to that. But, I'm not sure we'll see Moore changing the system too much...and if we don't, another addition, realistically,  isn't going to get much, if any game time.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Before yesterday, I thought we still needed an option at RWB for genuine competition for Hunt, seeing Palmer as more of a wide centre back these days.

But, I'll probably rethink that now. If Palmer can maintain that form, and keep Hunt out of the side, then I think we have genuine competition in every position.

Suspect Wilks will be our last major signing to the squad, other than another back up goalkeeper which Moore has previously alluded to. 

If you look at our squad, I don't think there can be too many people who can say we aren't well covered in every area.

Goalkeeper

Stockdale

Dawson

3rd Choice Keeper wanted

Right Centre Half

Iorfa

Ihiekwe

Palmer

Centre Half

Ihiekwe

Heneghan

Iorfa

Left Centre Half

McGuinness

Famewo

Palmer

Right Wing Back

Palmer

Hunt

Paterson

Left Wing Back

Johnson

James

Central Midfield

Byers

Bakinson

Dele-Bashiru

Adeniran

Bannan

Paterson

No. 10

Bannan

Windass

Dele-Bashiru

Paterson

Strikers

Gregory

Windass

Smith

Wilks

Sow

Paterson

The only other position you'd perhaps say we're potentially short, would be another wide forward, with only really Windass & Wilks suited to that. But, I'm not sure we'll see Moore changing the system too much...and if we don't, another addition, realistically,  isn't going to get much, if any game time.

4 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Goalkeeper

Stockdale

Dawson

3rd Choice Keeper wanted

Right Centre Half

Iorfa

Ihiekwe

Palmer

Centre Half

Ihiekwe

Heneghan

Iorfa

Left Centre Half

McGuinness

Famewo

Palmer

Right Wing Back

Palmer

Hunt

Paterson

Left Wing Back

Johnson

James

Central Midfield

Byers

Bakinson

Dele-Bashiru

Adeniran

Bannan

Paterson

No. 10

Bannan

Windass

Dele-Bashiru

Paterson

Strikers

Gregory

Windass

Smith

Wilks

Sow

Paterson

Good breakdown. I’d add the likes of Galvin in at wing back and Jaden Brown. Would be good to see a few step up to cover injuries rather than have a senior pro twiddling their thumbs.

Nonetheless, given that both Gregory and Smith seem susceptible to the odd knock , I wouldn’t mind having another back up centre forward/target man if they were available/affordable. Even if not a big goalscorer the ability to link the midfield has been really key. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Good breakdown. I’d add the likes of Galvin in at wing back and Jaden Brown. Would be good to see a few step up to cover injuries rather than have a senior pro twiddling their thumbs.

Nonetheless, given that both Gregory and Smith seem susceptible to the odd knock , I wouldn’t mind having another back up centre forward/target man if they were available/affordable. Even if not a big goalscorer the ability to link the midfield has been really key. 

That's Paterson's role though isn't it?

• Like 1

If we get Wilks then I think another Centre Back and Wide Forward on loan and we should be covered until Jan. I can’t see Mighten getting any games at Forest with all the signings they’ve made so should be available. As for CB a young  left-sided one as cover would be ideal.. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, El Toro said:

If we get Wilks then I think another Centre Back and Wide Forward on loan and we should be covered until Jan. I can’t see Mighten getting any games at Forest with all the signings they’ve made so should be available. As for CB a young  left-sided one as cover would be ideal.. 

Trouble with the likes of Mighten, Forest aren't going to sanction a loan deal when the prospects of regular football look pretty slim. Although, on the flip side, we do play a similar system to Forest, so that might benefit us.

We might get somebody in the ilk of the lad we got from Arsenal (John Jules) last season...a youngster with no chance of making it into their first team, who they want to go and get some first team experience, rather than regular minutes.

Ideally, you'd like to get a permanent deal for a youngster who'll go into the U23's, but with the genuine ability to step up if required.

36 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Goalkeeper

Stockdale

Dawson

3rd Choice Keeper wanted

Right Centre Half

Iorfa

Ihiekwe

Palmer

Centre Half

Ihiekwe

Heneghan

Iorfa

Left Centre Half

McGuinness

Famewo

Palmer

Right Wing Back

Palmer

Hunt

Paterson

Left Wing Back

Johnson

James

Central Midfield

Byers

Bakinson

Dele-Bashiru

Adeniran

Bannan

Paterson

No. 10

Bannan

Windass

Dele-Bashiru

Paterson

Strikers

Gregory

Windass

Smith

Wilks

Sow

Paterson

Moore will change the system 4-3-3 my guess or 4-5-1 which ever way you look at it 

Stockdale 
                                   Dawson 

Palmer.         Ihikewe            Mcguiness.        James  
Hunt.               Iorfa.               Heneghan       Johnson 

Byres.        Bakinson 
                       Vaulks       Deli Bashiru 

Bannan 
                                Adreinan

Wilks                       Gregory.      Windass
Patterson                 Smith        Paterson 

Nead another wide attacker but that’s a title winning squad with quality in depth and flexibility and there’s plenty of players that can slip into other positions I just wanted to highlight the strength in depth we have to win this division. But I think we are still short that second wide forward even though I’m sure Johnson could do a job on the left too 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, El Toro said:

As for CB a young  left-sided one as cover would be ideal.. 

Ryan Galvin is good enough,  id let I’m go on loan if he gets chance of a decent club and regular game time , if not I’d be more than happy he covers here 

Galvin can be a first team player here 

8 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Moore will change the system 4-3-3 my guess or 4-5-1 which ever way you look at it 

Stockdale 
                                   Dawson 

Palmer.         Ihikewe            Mcguiness.        James  
Hunt.               Iorfa.               Heneghan       Johnson 

Byres.        Bakinson 
                       Vaulks       Deli Bashiru 

Bannan 
                                Adreinan

Wilks                       Gregory.      Windass
Patterson                 Smith        Paterson 

Nead another wide attacker but that’s a title winning squad with quality in depth and flexibility and there’s plenty of players that can slip into other positions I just wanted to highlight the strength in depth we have to win this division. But I think we are still short that second wide forward even though I’m sure Johnson could do a job on the left too 

No reason to go to a back four.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, El Toro said:

I think Moore will sign another keeper before the window shuts

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

8 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Goalkeeper

Stockdale

Dawson

3rd Choice Keeper wanted

Right Centre Half

Iorfa

Ihiekwe

Palmer

Centre Half

Ihiekwe

Heneghan

Iorfa

Left Centre Half

McGuinness

Famewo

Palmer

Right Wing Back

Palmer

Hunt

Paterson

Left Wing Back

Johnson

James

Central Midfield

Byers

Bakinson

Dele-Bashiru

Adeniran

Bannan

Paterson

No. 10

Bannan

Windass

Dele-Bashiru

Paterson

Strikers

Gregory

Windass

Smith

Wilks

Sow

Paterson

Vaulks?