SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

Portsmouth press……

The News understands that 23-year-old George Hirst, who has also been linked with Ipswich and has a year remaining on his existing deal at the King Power Stadium, will being signing a new deal at Leicester before going out on loan again – only this time to a Championship side.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Portsmouth press……

The News understands that 23-year-old George Hirst, who has also been linked with Ipswich and has a year remaining on his existing deal at the King Power Stadium, will being signing a new deal at Leicester before going out on loan again – only this time to a Championship side.

Blackpool is my guess.

15 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Portsmouth press……

Weird choice by Leicester and Hirst. He’s 23 and clearly never going to be at the level needed for Leicester. I still think he’ll make a decent career for himself but Leicester are rightly expecting to be a top half Prem team now and I don’t see him being at that standard. 

20 minutes ago, Miruic said:

Weird choice by Leicester and Hirst. He’s 23 and clearly never going to be at the level needed for Leicester. I still think he’ll make a decent career for himself but Leicester are rightly expecting to be a top half Prem team now and I don’t see him being at that standard. 

Presumably following the Chelsea and Man City model where they horde players and actually make money from loan fees to boost revenues. I remember reading Chelsea had something like 50 players out on loan bringing millions into the club, using their brand and thought process that the individual might make it into the Chelsea first XI, when that was never going to be the case. Shrewd. Exploitation and wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miruic said:

To be fair they might be in the Championship again fairly soon if they carry on like they are 

4 minutes ago, modboy said:

Rumours a while back he’d return to Rotherham 

Just thought the same

Huge test for the lad if he does go to the champ,  Leicester will wanna cover themselves because he’ll be worth a few quid if he starts scoring in championship 

28 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Eh how is it.

Good return in League One last season. Absolutely the next logical step to see if he can do it in the Championship. 

I said I can see Leicesters point?

And he was tried at Rotherham at that level and didn’t score a single goal. Hence the big step.