SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

James Wilson looks to have found a bit of form in the playoffs. Could see him doing well in league one next season. 

Think that playing him in bit deeper role, and not as classical striker suits him lot more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Wilson was hyped to be the next big thing at Man U wasn’t he?

Yes, after coming of the bench to score brace against Hull in Premier League.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, malek said:

Bannan made his Premier League debut before He turned 20 and got his first cap at 21. He started at PL level over 70 times before He turned 25.

Yeah I get you, but he never really achieved his potential until we gave him a chance at 25. Get what you’re saying at a high level but remember Carlos saying we were giving him a chance as he’d fallen out of favour/not unlocked his potential 

25 minutes ago, malek said:

Think that playing him in bit deeper role, and not as classical striker suits him lot more.

Plays a bit of a Gary Hooper role for them, in that he’s not tearing about but has a bit too much quality and intelligence for the level. 

Benning on the left has been decent and was always a stand out at Mansfield too. Surprised he still plays at that level 

• Like 2

On 27/05/2022 at 17:57, prowl said:

The big danger with Dean is if he gets offers from Championship clubs. He's easily Championship standard.

I hope we can get him, he's a great organiser.

I hope we do too. From his interviews, it seems he's enjoyed his time with us and hopefully, a player of his age and experience might put that in front of money and which league he's playing in next season.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, malek said:

Absolutely this ………. Excellent close control & runs at defenders………. Plays his football facing the goal, not with his back to it!

Hibernian are 'interested' in former Hearts striker Cole Stockton after his 26-goal season in League One.

The 28-year-old Englishman hit the goal trail last season, netting 26 times in 50 games for League One side Morecambe, making him one of the top scorers in the division.

In total, he has scored 58 goals for the Shrimps since joining from Tranmere in the summer of 2019.

20 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I agree with you on overall youthful strategy but there has to be balance. There are 25 year olds that have unrealised potential too.

True @Teddy Nickelarsebut the examples of when a promising player has lost their way and slipped down the football pyramid only to resurrect their career are very few and fair between. Take Berahino, NML and latterly Izzy Brown as examples. IMHO all were poor at S6. 
The club need to focus on how good their targets are or are likely to be, not how good they once were or could possibly be. Development over potential, expectation over hope. 
Of course this is incredibly difficult because it’s what all well run clubs aim to do but spaffing  money on long-shots with low resale value is part of the reason why we  are where we are. Personally I’d rather give our academy lads a go than try and turn around lost causes. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Brad_owl said:

Saw a report on him and his dad was on there. Seemed to be a tough task master his father. Brandon seemed to have a bit of arrogance about him which sometimes isn't a bad thing. Im no Moore fan bit he could be just the type of signing he can get the most out of. 

Genuine question, not looking for a fight. On what do you base your belief that Moore can get the best out of this type ? Comparable players might be Izzy Brown, Andre Green, Berahino, NML. None of whom have flourished. Also FDB who has a similar story hasn't been pushed on.  Interested in your opinion. 

Whatever happened to that Nathan Holland we were in for a year or two ago? 
Remember he had a good season on loan at Oxford from West Ham and then disappeared. We also had Shodipo who had a good season on loan at Oxford but nothing for us so he may well have just been in a little purple patch and vanished since?!

1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

Nixon says Blackpool and Swansea are in for Tucker.

Could be us out of that

Aside from the draw of the championship, don't think Blackpool financially more attractive. Swansea a promble though. 

14 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Whatever happened to that Nathan Holland we were in for a year or two ago? 
Remember he had a good season on loan at Oxford from West Ham and then disappeared. We also had Shodipo who had a good season on loan at Oxford but nothing for us so he may well have just been in a little purple patch and vanished since?!

He was released recently, suspect clubs at our level will take him 

51 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Genuine question, not looking for a fight. On what do you base your belief that Moore can get the best out of this type ? Comparable players might be Izzy Brown, Andre Green, Berahino, NML. None of whom have flourished. Also FDB who has a similar story hasn't been pushed on.  Interested in your opinion. 

Surprised you feel FDB hasn’t developed under his time at Moore. This season was his best by far for me. I expect him to be much more regularly involved next year. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Miruic said:

Surprised you feel FDB hasn’t developed under his time at Moore. This season was his best by far for me. I expect him to be much more regularly involved next year. 

FDB has the attributes to be a good player . Got that burst of pace the strength the skill . Needs to work on his end product , should easily be capable of 5-10 goals with numerous assists . 

not sure if he will be starting next season . Baz and Byers certainly will then it’s a case of could FDB be the third option. Does he have that defensive ability to complement Byers and bannan . ?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Revenant said:

Gareth Bale LWB 

He's been playing in Spain for a while, and has had recent experience of playing in England.

Out of contract apparently, and looking for one final pay day.

lol

Must include membership to alllical golf courses as part if the contract offer lol

• Haha 1

Re championship over us Giles Coke said on the wtid podcast that players may use it as the shop window to get their next move. 

Whilst swfc may be a bigger club historically players who are ambitious may look at the bigger picture

Wigan released couple of quality U-23 players that we could do well to take a look at.

One is 19 years old forward Tom Costello and another is central midfielder Harry McGhee.

Both did very well at U-18 and U-23 level whenever I've seen them play. I'm surprised that Wigan decided to let them go and believe that they would improve our U-23 side.

• Like 1