SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

3 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Might as well add it in here as well... Joe Sbarra. 

Definitely too good for National League isn’t he 

22 hours ago, Miruic said:

Surprised you feel FDB hasn’t developed under his time at Moore. This season was his best by far for me. I expect him to be much more regularly involved next year. 

I agree it’s been his best Dawson so far but he hasn’t exactly been a regular when fit. Also his decision making hasn’t improved which is relatively easy to coach if the player is open to learn. FDB could be our lower league Carlton Palmer with the right opportunity, coaching and development 

• Like 2

Apparently Benjamin Siegrist turned down offer of a new contract at Dundee United. 30 years old Switz keeper, available on free transfer who's been doing really well in SPL last few seasons. We could do much worst than him.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2022 at 10:48, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

True @Teddy Nickelarsebut the examples of when a promising player has lost their way and slipped down the football pyramid only to resurrect their career are very few and fair between. Take Berahino, NML and latterly Izzy Brown as examples. IMHO all were poor at S6. 
The club need to focus on how good their targets are or are likely to be, not how good they once were or could possibly be. Development over potential, expectation over hope. 
Of course this is incredibly difficult because it’s what all well run clubs aim to do but spaffing  money on long-shots with low resale value is part of the reason why we  are where we are. Personally I’d rather give our academy lads a go than try and turn around lost causes. 

It's not so much lost causes more well researched identification of still youngish players (22-25 year olds) who it's felt can make a step up. I'm not thinking of the likes of Brown, Berahino and NML who had their shots and didn't  capitalise. Better examples would be Smith,  ALF and Grabban at Rotherham. Players who did a job, increased in value and in the latter 2 cases sold on at a good profit.

What I don't favour (but will likely see) is seasoned 29 year olds on hefty wages for a sh*t or bust tilt at autos. Miss out and its deja vu.

As already stated in this thread I absolutely  favour promoting from the acadamy but they'll need more experienced heads around them for their benefit equally as much as the club's.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Told Joe Wildsmith possibly got a championship offer 

going from sitting on our bench to sitting on a new clubs bench? Surely he won’t go in as a number one. If he stays or guess we still need a new number one signing. 

Stockport County want Morecambe striker Cole Stockton, according to a report by the Scottish Sun.

Stockport County are keen to lure the attacker to Edgeley Park this summer in an ambitious deal.

Stockton, 28, fired 26 goals in all competitions this past season to help the Shrimps stay up in League One.

Derek Adams’ side will face a battle to keep him at the Mazuma Stadium over the next couple of months though amid interest from elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malek said:

Apparently Benjamin Siegrist turned down offer of a new contract at Dundee United. 30 years old Switz keeper, available on free transfer who's been doing really well in SPL last few seasons. We could do much worst than him.

The Glasgow clubs are both interested in him as a backup and I believe English Championship teams are looking at him too. Siegrist is a good keeper but League 1 would be a difficult sell I think and he will have plenty options. 

43 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Stockport County want Morecambe striker Cole Stockton, according to a report by the Scottish Sun.

Stockport County are keen to lure the attacker to Edgeley Park this summer in an ambitious deal.

Stockton, 28, fired 26 goals in all competitions this past season to help the Shrimps stay up in League One.

Derek Adams’ side will face a battle to keep him at the Mazuma Stadium over the next couple of months though amid interest from elsewhere.

I really hope Hibs sign him. Absolute cart horse. Stockport/Morecambe is his level

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

The Glasgow clubs are both interested in him as a backup and I believe English Championship teams are looking at him too. Siegrist is a good keeper but League 1 would be a difficult sell I think and he will have plenty options.

True, but they all want him as a back up. Perhaps he would come here to be first choice.

Siegrist or Clark in your opinion ?

13 minutes ago, malek said:

True, but they all want him as a back up. Perhaps he would come here to be first choice.

Siegrist or Clark in your opinion ?

I would be happy with either mate. Both good keepers and an upgrade on the two we have but Siegrist would be the better option. 

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Heard we tried to make a move for centre back Santos at Bolton, but he decided to sign a new deal instead. 

I was surprised to see him sign again with Bolton, championship interest apparently 

Two of best central defenders in this league resigned with their clubs, Santos with Bolton and Raggett with Portsmouth. Would have been happy with either.

Manchester United 21 years old PL2 playmaker and Wales international Dylan Levitt is out of contract. Spent second half of last season on loan at Dundee United and did great for them. They are very interested and will do whatever they can to sign him on permanent deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, malek said:

Two of best central defenders in this league resigned with their clubs, Santos with Bolton and Raggett with Portsmouth. Would have been happy with either.

Manchester United 21 years old PL2 playmaker and Wales international Dylan Levitt is out of contract. Spent second half of last season on loan at Dundee United and did great for them. They are very interested and will do whatever they can to sign him on permanent deal.

Levitt is a good shout and exactly the type of player I hope we are trying to get.  

• Like 2