Gary Cahill

Don't think it will happen but he would be a great signing, if he fitted in with our wage structure

I like an experienced central defender to organise the defence and he has loads of top class experience. They may have lost a yard of pace but their experience and know how makes up for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

Released by Bournemouth. 

Bring him home? 

:ph34r:

Did you win the Euromillions and can you give the club the £2m they would need for his week wages.

Its a massive no, only played 22 games and only 1 game played since February.

The only way Cahill signs is that HE wants to finish his career here and accepts the wages on offer. 

Until the Court case i think Vardy may well have done that on the expiry of his Leicester contract, always been vocal on his support and enough money tucked away to spend a season here. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

The only way Cahill signs is that HE wants to finish his career here and accepts the wages on offer. 

Until the Court case i think Vardy may well have done that on the expiry of his Leicester contract, always been vocal on his support and enough money tucked away to spend a season here. 

Vardy will still be rapid when he’s 45, plenty of time for him to come home yet

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I’m sure he has made enough dosh in his career that money wouldn’t be an issue. 
I am equally sure he won’t come. 

He will probably end up having to make a big dent in his bank balance when he has to settle lawyers and his wife’s court costs so if he left Leicester he would definitely not come to Hillsboro with Chansiri’s new pay structure.

The only way he would play for the Owls is if he goes on to play well into his 40s like Stanley Matthews did for Stoke.