Pitch Invasions

10 hours ago, room0035 said:

The problem is, is if this is not stamped out immediately, whose to say the next attack is not a player being stabbed or worse.

Because there is clearly little or no checks being done as people enter the stadiums across the country, because how the fizz do they walk in with flares and not get stopped. If you can conceal a flare, whose to say they are not concealing a knife or worse.

Totally agree.

In AD 59, there was a riot in the  Pompeii amphitheatre, in which spectators from Pompeii and the nearby town of Nuceria fought each other after invading the arena, with the result that the Emperor Nero banned games at Pompeii for a period of ten years.

I had a go at it.

Didnt work. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Pitch invasions don't headbutt people.

Dickhedz do.

It’s the law. What’s hard to understand. The rules are there for a reason. To stop things like this happening. Yes it was one div that did it, but he got on because everyone else ran on. I guarantee this incident doesn’t happen if everyone stays in the stands. 

simple. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Nero said:

In AD 59, there was a riot in the  Pompeii amphitheatre, in which spectators from Pompeii and the nearby town of Nuceria fought each other after invading the arena, with the result that the Emperor Nero banned games at Pompeii for a period of ten years.

I had a go at it.

Didnt work. 

Not surprised with all the lions..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I had a go at it.

Didnt work. 

And 20 years later they were punished for it.   The theory is the riot and the volcanic eruption were linked, but that's not set in stone.

Edited by Manwë
  • Haha 1

Im not condoning the Billy Sharp attack, cokehead aggression or general thuggery but its part of the football culture in 2022. Lock em up when caught.

My vague point on Pompeii though is that pitch invasions gave been part of sporting rivalry for well over 2000 years. 

Going to football is tribal, edgy, occasionally frightening and sometimes genuinely dangerous. Thats what football is and always has been since it was invented.

I like it that way and i for one dont want those things to go from the football experience just because a new breed of football fan wants a nice boring generic entertainment event rather than a football match.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

More reasons to not get yourself arrested by running on pitches or fighting at footy matches then

What about fighting on the pitch at half time?

could have a manager’s scrap, celeb fan scrap,

and for cup games an owlstalk free for all?

Forest season ticket holder Robert Biggs, 30, pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm and was jailed for 24 weeks.

At Nottingham Magistrates' Court on Thursday, Biggs, from Church View, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, was ordered to pay £500 compensation to Sharp, £85 in costs and a £128 victim surcharge.

He was also given a 10-year football banning order.

Owlstalk Shop

57 minutes ago, Nero said:

Im not condoning the Billy Sharp attack, cokehead aggression or general thuggery but its part of the football culture in 2022. Lock em up when caught.

My vague point on Pompeii though is that pitch invasions gave been part of sporting rivalry for well over 2000 years. 

Going to football is tribal, edgy, occasionally frightening and sometimes genuinely dangerous. Thats what football is and always has been since it was invented.

I like it that way and i for one dont want those things to go from the football experience just because a new breed of football fan wants a nice boring generic entertainment event rather than a football match.

Has it really though....  i think if you look at photos from many many years ago you'll see the crowd all wearing suits and caps while stood together clapping..... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

Has it really though....  i think if you look at photos from many many years ago you'll see the crowd all wearing suits and caps while stood together clapping..... 

Yep

Fans weren't even segregated in separate stands 

Owlstalk Shop