Pitch Invasions

Guest Mcguigan

I remember watching Cloughie belt a few of his own fans, that had taken it upon themselves to go on the pitch.

He wasn’t having it.😂

1 hour ago, behindthegoal said:

Should the EFL instruct all clubs to impose automatic life bans on anyone who chooses to invade the pitch at any of their grounds?

Not sure why anyone feels the need to run onto a pitch in the first place

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Attention seeking muppets, with their fat bellies bouncing about...

Sorry, this is the thread about Roxy's Nightclub in the 90's isn't it?

Hey. I used to enjoy Roxy on a Monday night..... -)

• Like 1

The problem is, is if this is not stamped out immediately, whose to say the next attack is not a player being stabbed or worse.

Because there is clearly little or no checks being done as people enter the stadiums across the country, because how the fizz do they walk in with flares and not get stopped. If you can conceal a flare, whose to say they are not concealing a knife or worse.

• Like 2

It was once football tradition to run on the pitch on the last game of the season. I can see why it still happens if the last home game also ties in with celebrating any kind of success (promotion, avoiding relegation, etc.) but I'm not sure why it happens for winning a Play Off semi final.

I think the home team need to do more to protect opposition players, even if there's the slightest chance of a pitch invasion. Draft in additional security personnel to act as a deterrent to mindless idiots and to assist opposition players off the field.

Also think officials aren't as savvy about it as they used to be. Remember watching the Bournemouth V Forest game and he blew for FT after a Forest attack went out for a goal kick. Why not just wait for the goal kick and allow the opposition players to re-group together on the half way line near the tunnel?  

But really, what stops an idiot like the Forest fan last night? 31 years old ffs. A lengthy prison sentence and a ban from attending matches for life is required.

If it’s after a semi final then everyone invading should be banned for life. 

If you’ve just won promotion at your own ground then it should be allowed and just deal with any idiots as and when. 

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

No.

Anyone who runs on the pitch with violent intent should be banned for life.

Pitch invasions following promotion and trophy wins have always been part of the game. If one or two idiots spoil it for everyone they should be the ones to suffer.

PC Plod "Before you run on the pitch son, can i just ask. Do you have violent intent"?

• Like 1

its been kicking off all season if you dont know this where you been. even at premier league level there has been many very violent incidents with riots inside outside or in the town/city centres . it was never anything like this 3 years ago ,its a society problem a lack of respect law and order and just a general attitude change in a lot of people so much more aggression about now and i dont see anything whats going to change in the short to medium term .