Pitch Invasions

28 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

does anyone else find this a bit hypocritical?  

"The crown's case is that this is a deliberate and senseless act of violence. It's an assault on an employee, effectively in his place of work."

if a player headbutts another player on the pitch, effectively in his place of work, he's shown a brightly coloured bit of paper and told he can't play for a couple of weeks, compared to the punishment this fan got.

i am in no way condoning his behaviour, but an assault is an assault.   

as for pitch invasions, you can't pick and choose which invasions are ok and which aren't, they should all be treat the same way with sanctions on the club.   

I reckon Duncan Ferguson may ‘beg to differ’ 🤔

• Thanks 1

At some point, they’re going to have to consider having more Police inside grounds, rather than leaving it to stewards, most of whom are paid an absolute pittance. Policing inside grounds comes at a cost and they’re going to have to look at the formula for payment. A PL club can certainly afford to pay for public order trained officers, but smaller clubs just can’t afford it. 

If these problems continue, and who would bet against Leeds fans causing problems at Brentford this weekend, there are going to be some very big decisions taken over the summer about how football crowds  in this country are managed in the future.

As always, the minority of absolute knuckle dragging morons, will make the rest of us pay.

Sickening. 

2 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

At some point, they’re going to have to consider having more Police inside grounds, rather than leaving it to stewards, most of whom are paid an absolute pittance. Policing inside grounds comes at a cost and they’re going to have to look at the formula for payment. A PL club can certainly afford to pay for public order trained officers, but smaller clubs just can’t afford it. 

If these problems continue, and who would bet against Leeds fans causing problems at Brentford this weekend, there are going to be some very big decisions taken over the summer about how football crowds  in this country are managed in the future.

As always, the minority of absolute knuckle dragging morons, will make the rest of us pay.

Sickening. 

The obvious knock on effect will be higher ticket prices to cover policing costs

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The obvious knock on effect will be higher ticket prices to cover policing costs

Yep, like I say we will end up paying for all this disorder, whether in higher ticket prices or ground closures.

To be honest, the Police have largely withdrawn from policing public order in many ways. Look at the state of City centre streets at night at weekends. It’s about time Patel got to grips with stuff like this.

Story in today's news about some Forces letting detectives work from home ffs. I know that’s nothing to do with this particular issue, but it illustrates a general decline in the service being provided. 

• Like 2

Some of these scrotes would do well to remember that footballers are blokes whose job and entire lives have been spent around gyms and being physically fit.

At 45 years old, I reckon Patrick Viera would absolutely leather at least 98% of people on that pitch in a 1-on-1 fist fight. And it wouldn't be a close. An absolute battering.  

Not suggesting we start enabling players to start battering fans. Just an observation. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

To be honest, the Police have largely withdrawn from policing public order in many ways. Look at the state of City centre streets at night at weekends.  

To be honest I feel way safer going into city centre's at night now than I did in the 70's or 80's

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The bloke who headbutted Sharp is now in prison, his name and picture are in the press, and he may well lose his job.

Surely that's enough of a message to anyone considering similar?

And it punishes the perpetrator rather than thousands of innocent people.

This exactly

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Now you also have fans thinking they can hit out at players from the stands :

Hang on.  She slapped #16 very gently after he had a more serious altercation with Alli.   Why not call out the Palace player for the headlock and the push?  

We are all equal in law, yet we seem to believe footballers are not subject to the same laws if they abuse them, and additionally deserve more protection should they be the victim of crime.

We are all equal in law, or are we not anymore?

7 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

It's sending a message, that's what you get if it happens, 

Strange outlook mate in my eyes but your opinion.

If we punished clubs and 99.99% of the fanbase to that extent for individual idiots actions, where would it end.

The guys been locked up, face all over the media and will quite rightly have to deal with the fallout it brings.

1 hour ago, duncanidaho said:

watching football from the stands is legal

you don't get punished for watching football

there should be punishment for entering the field of play whether under the influence or not

Totally. Appreciate people want to celebrate but at the end of the day clubs need to inform fans that there will be things happening after the match if they stay off the pitch  At the end of the day the vast majority are males who run on, sadly men are the cause of most problems in society.🤔

Edited by Big Jack

6 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Hang on.  She slapped #16 very gently after he had a more serious altercation with Alli.   Why not call out the Palace player for the headlock and the push?  

We are all equal in law, yet we seem to believe footballers are not subject to the same laws if they abuse them, and additionally deserve more protection should they be the victim of crime.

We are all equal in law, or are we not anymore?

It's got nothing to do with her , or the charming young man sat next her. 

So, are saying if footballers have altercations near players, fans are OK to reach out and get involved?  how's that going to end? 

How gentle the slap isn't the point, it's the entitlement of her feeling that it's OK to do it. 

I'm not calling out the Palace player because that's pure ' Whataboutery' , and nothing to do with the point of fans feeling emboldened to abuse players, physically now as well as directly verbally. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Some of these scrotes would do well to remember that footballers are blokes whose job and entire lives have been spent around gyms and being physically fit.

At 45 years old, I reckon Patrick Viera would absolutely leather at least 98% of people on that pitch in a 1-on-1 fist fight. And it wouldn't be a close. An absolute battering.  

Not suggesting we start enabling players to start battering fans. Just an observation. 

i'm not sure about that he's put abit of timber on, i've noticed.

That kick didn't look too dynamic to me 😂

3 hours ago, hirstysfags said:

And if they never get caught? 

They usually do though, don't they? With all the cameras at games and in stadiums these days, I can't think of an incident like this where the fan wasn't eventually identified.

Plus, how do they know which club to punish?

If a fan running onto the pitch gets a club an automatic punishment, then what's to stop United fans buying tickets for the home stands at Hillsborough and running onto the pitch, for example?

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

29 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

They usually do though, don't they? With all the cameras at games and in stadiums these days, I can't think of an incident like this where the fan wasn't eventually identified.

Plus, how do they know which club to punish?

If a fan running onto the pitch gets a club an automatic punishment, then what's to stop United fans buying tickets for the home stands at Hillsborough and running onto the pitch, for example?

True, it's not unheard of that to happen - the flip side being the club who has been punished claiming that this is the case; there has been instances in football disorder history where it has been claimed offending supporters causing serious disorder and worse are not actually supporters of that club, but of rivals and are deliberately trying to destroy their reputation. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The fans running onto the pitch and attacking players aren't worried about losing the game in the slightest though

You say that ,but the Forest prat was a season ticket holder !

I cannot believe that anyone would have the balls to run on the pitch if  they knew they would  get strung up by 30 odd thousand pi55ed  off fans when they came back to the stands 

2 minutes ago, The coach said:

If i gently slapped a laydee footballers arsse like that they would have me for sexual assualt 😦

What's your point of this misogynistic comment?

Lad points?  I don't think anyone is keeping score.