Pitch Invasions

1 hour ago, Mosborough-owl said:

I think your completely missing the point. It’s the law. You arnt meant to run in the field of play. What do you not get? 

can I just ask you a question? What is the point of running on the pitch? The players run away, and then your just stood there? Would it not make sense to let the players stay on the pitch and EVERYONE celebrate together?

In answer to your question I've no idea.

I've never invaded a pitch in my life and have no intention of doing so.

That said it doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing the jubilations when others do.

Yes, technically it's illegal, but in reality its in no one's interest to prosecute.

It would be better to say pitch invasions are acceptable but a physical attack on anyone will result in a life ban and a custodial sentence.

That imho would provide enough deterrent re: dickhedz causing others bodily harm.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

It would be better to say pitch invasions are acceptable but a physical attack on anyone will result in a life ban and a custodial sentence.

That imho would provide enough deterrent re: dickhedz causing others bodily harm.

Do Stadiums have enough high quality cameras to pinpoint things?

On 18/05/2022 at 11:46, royalowlisback said:

Banning Orders, Points Deductions and playing behind closed doors could and should be used - see how many muppets run on to the pitch knowing that 30k supporters will smash their heads if their team receives a massive punishment...

Why do you feel special rules are required for football. Trespass, assault and actual bodily harm are already dealt with in law. Just enforce the laws we have. 
Someone running onto a football pitch is no more or less a moron than someone trespassing in an empty flat. Someone head butting Billy Sharp is no more or less a moron than the drunk head butting a stranger who looks at him funny on a Friday night. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/05/2022 at 19:30, pat blondeau said:

In Australia it’s something like a $10,000 fine for fans that enter the field of play in any sport.

I don’t know why we don’t have similar heavy fines in the U.K. for pitch invaders. It’d soon put a stop to them 

New trespassing laws will mean £2,500 fines or 3 months in prison for being on land without owner's permission  Seems harsh enough to me. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

In answer to your question I've no idea.

I've never invaded a pitch in my life and have no intention of doing so.

That said it doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing the jubilations when others do.

Yes, technically it's illegal, but in reality its in no one's interest to prosecute.

I appreciate what your saying, and I get where your trying to come from: I just think, stop it altogether and the risk is gone. I think we can all enjoy the celebrations safely in the stands just as much as running on to the pitch. It’s only gunna take one Loony toon to go that extra yard, and do some serious damage one day, and then it will be too late. 

29 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

I appreciate what your saying, and I get where your trying to come from: I just think, stop it altogether and the risk is gone. I think we can all enjoy the celebrations safely in the stands just as much as running on to the pitch. It’s only gunna take one Loony toon to go that extra yard, and do some serious damage one day, and then it will be too late. 

I think we are going to agree to disagree.

It's extremely unusual for anyone to be attacked or physically assaulted during a pitch invasion.

That being the case I don't see the harm in celebrations spilling onto the pitch in exceptional circumstances.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

It's sending a message, that's what you get if it happens, 

The bloke who headbutted Sharp is now in prison, his name and picture are in the press, and he may well lose his job.

Surely that's enough of a message to anyone considering similar?

And it punishes the perpetrator rather than thousands of innocent people.

• Like 4

On 18/05/2022 at 11:14, behindthegoal said:

Should the EFL instruct all clubs to impose automatic life bans on anyone who chooses to invade the pitch at any of their grounds?

Yes

pitch invasions are tin pot anyway and spoil it for everybody else.

We are slowly sleep walking back to the 80’s. Swift and robust action required.

Go on pitch - life ban

throw something on pitch - life ban

• Like 1