Pitch Invasions

4 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

Feel sorry for the forest fan, only doing what 99% of us would like to do to billy the pig.

not like he was innocent, or that knobjockey mcburnie.. who should also face a prison sentence (was far worse than what the forest fan did)

Stood there minding his own with his hands in his pockets...  yea he was full on asking for trouble....  are you for real... or fishing as per usual...

It's a disaster that's waiting to happen and we don't have to go back to the 70's for other examples.

Always remember watching the pitch invasion from the North Stand after the last match of the season against Palace when Wednesday were relegated in 2010. Clint Hill was violently assaulted and it was generally expected Wednesday would start the new season with ground closures, fines or whatever.

The Eagles defender had to be rescued by police and stewards before riot cops and police on horseback restored order.

“I know they’re frustrated, but should they be throwing punches at people,” said Hill.

“A good few landed and I’m a big lad and can take them, but once one has a swing at you, everybody gets a bit brave and starts having swings. At one point there was maybe seven or eight on me.”

I understand Hill refused to make a formal complaint to police and amazingly there were no repercussions for any fans or the club in general. Basically, they gave carte blanche for anyone to run on the pitch and assault whoever they liked and get away Scott free.

I wonder if one of those individuals involved in 2010 (there were many hundreds on the pitch) reads Owlstalk now and would like to comment. Give us an insight into your thinking. Why did you invade the pitch? Surely not to celebrate with over-excited enthusiasm as has sometimes been stated. After all we'd just been relegated!

53 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

Feel sorry for the forest fan, only doing what 99% of us would like to do to billy the pig.

not like he was innocent, or that knobjockey mcburnie.. who should also face a prison sentence (was far worse than what the forest fan did)

Wow, so edgy. 

1 hour ago, HopefulOwl said:

Stood there minding his own with his hands in his pockets...  yea he was full on asking for trouble....  are you for real... or fishing as per usual...

Doing his usual tedious as foook boring braindead uberfan edgy fishing

Ignore him mate - he's been a right bell end this week 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Strange outlook mate in my eyes but your opinion.

If we punished clubs and 99.99% of the fanbase to that extent for individual idiots actions, where would it end.

The guys been locked up, face all over the media and will quite rightly have to deal with the fallout it brings.

Businesses are responsible for the actions of staff and their patrons, why should it be different for football? 

In fact football and it's fans gets away with so much that ordinary citizens don't. 

if i punched someone at work i'd be in the sh!t, do it to someone on the football field and you get told you can't play for a bit. 

you get a group of people shouting obscenities in the city centre, the police would move you along and possibly arrest some.  25,000 do it in a stadium and it's acceptable.

if a pub needed constant police presence to keep order it would lose it's licence.

it's not unfair to expect a club to keep it's own house in order and face sanctions when it doesn't.

• Like 1

I'm looking at the  'Wednesday Rising, Sheffield Wednesday 2011-12 Road to the Championship' book.  There are at least 6 pictures of the pitch invasion.   The players are obviously enjoying it.   It would be a pity to lose a great tradition because some people can't behave.

It's a rite of passage of every fan to be involved in pitch invasion at least once in their life, it's tradition going back eons and should be cherished, obviously using violence is not acceptable and anyone involved should face the consequences.  Don't use a hammer to break a nut.  The middle class are getting upset and are wanting to put down the working class. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, duncanidaho said:

Businesses are responsible for the actions of staff and their patrons, why should it be different for football? 

In fact football and it's fans gets away with so much that ordinary citizens don't. 

if i punched someone at work i'd be in the sh!t, do it to someone on the football field and you get told you can't play for a bit. 

you get a group of people shouting obscenities in the city centre, the police would move you along and possibly arrest some.  25,000 do it in a stadium and it's acceptable.

if a pub needed constant police presence to keep order it would lose it's licence.

it's not unfair to expect a club to keep it's own house in order and face sanctions when it doesn't.

Totally hear what you're saying and your points are valid but surely you can't punish the vast majority for one knobs actions.

I would be interested to know how you would want a club to keep it's house in order.

The guy has a lifetime ban, what more can the club do.

The only way is to stop pitch invasions by policing but then there's a cost to that and that will be passed on to genuine fans.

I don't know the answer mate but just think it's wrong to punish the majority for actions of one idiot.

Crikey, as I'm typing I see on the news, Patrick Veiera aiming a kick at a taunting fan after another pitch invasion last night.

WTF is it coming to but something needs doing for sure.

2 hours ago, wilfsmith said:

It's a disaster that's waiting to happen and we don't have to go back to the 70's for other examples.

Always remember watching the pitch invasion from the North Stand after the last match of the season against Palace when Wednesday were relegated in 2010. Clint Hill was violently assaulted and it was generally expected Wednesday would start the new season with ground closures, fines or whatever.

The Eagles defender had to be rescued by police and stewards before riot cops and police on horseback restored order.

“I know they’re frustrated, but should they be throwing punches at people,” said Hill.

“A good few landed and I’m a big lad and can take them, but once one has a swing at you, everybody gets a bit brave and starts having swings. At one point there was maybe seven or eight on me.”

I understand Hill refused to make a formal complaint to police and amazingly there were no repercussions for any fans or the club in general. Basically, they gave carte blanche for anyone to run on the pitch and assault whoever they liked and get away Scott free.

I wonder if one of those individuals involved in 2010 (there were many hundreds on the pitch) reads Owlstalk now and would like to comment. Give us an insight into your thinking. Why did you invade the pitch? Surely not to celebrate with over-excited enthusiasm as has sometimes been stated. After all we'd just been relegated!

It was an end of season game, often in the past this was one game where fans did invade the pitch.  Whatever their standing in the league.