Pitch Invasions

3 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

It’s the law. What’s hard to understand. The rules are there for a reason. To stop things like this happening. Yes it was one div that did it, but he got on because everyone else ran on. I guarantee this incident doesn’t happen if everyone stays in the stands. 

simple. 

It's the unwritten rule of getting to Wembley.

Clubs may not officially condone it but no doubt enjoy the outpouring of positive emotion just as much as we do.

It's something most fans or clubs wouldn't want to ban just because the odd noob can't behave himself.

Football is a passionate business at times...not a sanitised health and safety pursuit.

A semblance of perspective needs to apply.

Fine them, ban them, lock them up.

They'll get the message.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

It's the unwritten rule of getting to Wembley.

Clubs may not officially condone it but no doubt enjoy the outpouring of positive emotion just as much as we do.

It's something most fans or clubs wouldn't want to ban just because the odd noob can't behave himself.

Football is a passionate business at times...not a sanitised health and safety pursuit.

A semblance of perspective needs to apply.

Fine them, ban them, lock them up.

They'll get the message.

Well it shouldn’t be an unwritten rule. I’m all for having fun and not being a health and safety officer, but I just don’t get what people get out of it. Like I said previously, this time it was an headbutt… next time it’s someone getting stabbed. It’s a very dangerous game to play in “allowing” fans to do it. 

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I know from first hand experience that people at the club don't just expect fans on the pitch after the last game of the season, or after a big semi-final win etc but really look forward to seeing it

if true I’m surprised. Wouldn’t people want fans and players to enjoy the occasion together? It’s just not good when emotions are charged and you have opposition players and officials all on the field with 15,000+ fans on the pitch. It’s an accident waiting to happen

22 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Well it shouldn’t be an unwritten rule. I’m all for having fun and not being a health and safety officer, but I just don’t get what people get out of it. Like I said previously, this time it was an headbutt… next time it’s someone getting stabbed. It’s a very dangerous game to play in “allowing” fans to do it. 

You're not SAG in disguise are you ?

Fans of opposing teams occasionally punch and headbutt one another before or after a game.

By your logic we should ban fans from attending games at all ?

5 hours ago, HopefulOwl said:

Has it really though....  i think if you look at photos from many many years ago you'll see the crowd all wearing suits and caps while stood together clapping..... 

Real Peaky Blinders wore suits mate.

If you talked to my Dad, whos in his 80's, and my Grandad who you cant cos hes dead, they would tell you that there was plenty of scrapping, especially between local teams and would describe the scrapes they got in. Less away travel so mainly cup games. 

My grandad said it was really bad before the war but stopped for a long time during and after.

Piszzed up working men fight. Always have.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

You're not SAG in disguise are you ?

Fans of opposing teams occasionally punch and headbutt one another before or after a game.

By your logic we should ban fans from attending games at all ?

I think your completely missing the point. It’s the law. You arnt meant to run in the field of play. What do you not get? 

can I just ask you a question? What is the point of running on the pitch? The players run away, and then your just stood there? Would it not make sense to let the players stay on the pitch and EVERYONE celebrate together?

• Like 1

Crowds do have to be controlled. But it trouble is part of football.

The late 19th Century sees 'Groups of violence prone supporters attacking officials, fighting with rival fans and destroying property'.

There were 10 ground closures due to violence in 1897 alone. Then it got better. Then worse. Seems we are on a loop. All just history repeating.

163572906_Screenshot_20220519-202419_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.df3cd8633252dd3199ef9842eb151c9f.jpg

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

I think your completely missing the point. It’s the law. You arnt meant to run in the field of play. What do you not get? 

can I just ask you a question? What is the point of running on the pitch? The players run away, and then your just stood there? Would it not make sense to let the players stay on the pitch and EVERYONE celebrate together?

This is the point

Screenshot_20220519-203529_Chrome.jpg.5c55d2385f9fb31483a71e31e7daa125.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Real Peaky Blinders wore suits mate.

If you talked to my Dad, whos in his 80's, and my Grandad who you cant cos hes dead, they would tell you that there was plenty of scrapping, especially between local teams and would describe the scrapes they got in. Less away travel so mainly cup games. 

My grandad said it was really bad before the war but stopped for a long time during and after.

Piszzed up working men fight. Always have.

Many Catholic priests and English sports coaches used to love spending some alone time with children.

Why change things?

In fact bring back prima-nocta...how about eugenics?..mental hospitals being tourist attractions?

I haven't see any trouble at Hillsbrough in over 30 years.  Inside or outside the ground.   I'm not saying it doesn't happen but not on any scale to make any headlines.  And I even went to the Sheffield derby at the Lane on myself and didn't see any trouble.  Although it proves it's very easy to avoid if you chose.

So it's doesn't just happen.  What a boring argument.  Most people are a lot more savvy nowadays (or have been) and don't go out looking for trouble.

• Like 1