The atmosphere at 0-0

yeah, I got told off a few times for standing.  it's tricky because I understand that people can't stand for 90 minutes, and I don't want to spoil it for others, but part of me thinks... it's a massive game! we all know that standing creates a better atmosphere, and the selfish part of me just thinks, sod ya, I'm standing and enjoying myself. 

overall, I thought the atmosphere was class. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alwaysletyoudown said:

Maybe a manager that throws caution to the wind... Especially when it's poo or bust time..... Instead of thinking we're playing Real Madrid...... 

If you think taking off two defenders and a midfielder and replacing them with 3 attackers isn’t going poo or bust. I’d love to know what is?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

So the atmosphere at bramall lane and Elland road would have been magical at 0-0 mid match then ?????????

But you carry on slagging Wednesday off mate 👍👍

It would have been better, in my opinion. More supportive towards their team, more intimidating to the other. I didn’t rate the atmosphere at all at 0-0 and think most other comparable clubs would have created a better one. Just my opinion

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PEARSON said:

The atmosphere yesterday was absolutely dreadful considering the importance of the game and the fact we needed 1 goal to get back into it.

I hate to say this but if you have a similar game at bramall lane or elland road then the stand behind the goal is stood up all game sucking the goal towards the goal, making it difficult for the opposing team and putting pressure on the referee any time there’s time wasting or a 50-50 decision. I’m a big believer in the 12th man and how it helps certain clubs pull results out of the hat when they’re playing at home. Hillsborough is like giving them a 12th man, making our team nervous, barely mustering up any noise when Sunderland had the ball. The top chants from the kop before we scored were ‘gerrin forward’ followed by ‘sit dahn, there’s kids ‘ere’ 

Of all the things that’s disappointed me the most from the two legs it’s our own fans. Hillsborough was like a library for the vast majority of the biggest game of the season. We’ll only get behind the players when we’re winning.

in the first half surely we didn’t want the ball in the kop net ?

8 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

It would have been better, in my opinion. More supportive towards their team, more intimidating to the other. I didn’t rate the atmosphere at all at 0-0 and think most other comparable clubs would have created a better one. Just my opinion

Well we’ll have to agree to disagree 

I was on the kop 

Atmosphere was great ..Unbelievable noise at the start and when we scored and for 15 mins after

Admittedly not all game 

But no fans at ANY club can create an atmosphere for the full 90 mins plus .. in my opinion

3 hours ago, PEARSON said:

Interesting. I was on the kop and at times you could hear a pindrop. I’d love our kop to be like other clubs, everyone standing and pulling the ball towards the goal. Maybe I just need to sit on the north in future 

Why does everyone need to stand there are those of us who have been going for decades and now have dodgy knees and thought of having to stand for the entire game would put us off. 

Please have some consideration for your fellow supporters. 

I would be happy to see safe standing at the back of the kop but that's about it. 

4 hours ago, PEARSON said:

Interesting. I was on the kop and at times you could hear a pindrop. I’d love our kop to be like other clubs, everyone standing and pulling the ball towards the goal. Maybe I just need to sit on the north in future 

No offence mate but you’re talking bollo**s and think you’re confusing the CONSTANT drone of Palace like generic chanting with the massive peaks & troughs you get at normal grounds (including Anfield & other bigger clubs). It is physically impossible to maintain the maximum level of volume throughout all the game.

There was nothing wrong with last nights atmosphere and you need to take into account the tension & the shi* house tactics they were adopting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Why does everyone need to stand there are those of us who have been going for decades and now have dodgy knees and thought of having to stand for the entire game would put us off. 

Please have some consideration for your fellow supporters. 

I would be happy to see safe standing at the back of the kop but that's about it. 

I've been going for decades too. People who sit make less noise than those who stand, if we are talking about having an atmosphere to help the team, then I think that the people at the front of the kop need to stand. If you have dodgy knees then perhaps there are more suitable places in the stadium for you to sit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

There was nothing wrong with last nights atmosphere and you need to take into account the tension & the shi* house tactics they were adopting.

Deffo

It's natural for crowds to go quiet if everyone's real nervous

There was so much riding on the game last night it was a nailbiter

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Deffo

I do often wonder whether those who slag off the atmosphere were themselves quiet or were they stood up constantly, trying to rally the troops or something? 

Suspect the former, rather than the latter. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Deffo

This is true, but I do think there is more to be done at Hillsborough. I don't see many flags or scarves held in the air. Perhaps it comes from years of being let down on and off the pitch by the club.

The atmosphere through the first half at 0-0 was excellent, the fans really stepped up and did their part.

At the start of the second half there was a drop but as time went on and it appeared that we were never going to score, that’s only natural, the players have to do their part too.

When we did score however the atmosphere was excellent and only dropped when we conceded at the end.

Not sure where the OP was sat last night.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PEARSON said:

absolutely dreadful considering the importance of the game

Can't agree with that at all. 

Only point I would make is how nervous people were when we had the ball in our defence, people literally panicking 'get rid' 'get it out' 'Hunt' (and screaming other players names) honestly it was a bit weird at times and must transfer to the players.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

No offence mate but you’re talking bollo**s and think you’re confusing the CONSTANT drone of Palace like generic chanting with the massive peaks & troughs you get at normal grounds (including Anfield & other bigger clubs). It is physically impossible to maintain the maximum level of volume throughout all the game.

It's true that Palace fans get together at the upstairs back of the Peckham to Croydon bus to practice.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The atmosphere through the first half at 0-0 was excellent, the fans really stepped up and did their part.

At the start of the second half there was a drop but as time went on and it appeared that we were never going to score, that’s only natural, the players have to do their part too.

When we did score however the atmosphere was excellent and only dropped when we conceded at the end.

I just don’t think they ‘get it’ mate.

I reckon they listen to the arseh*le clubs who choreograph the support & think that’s how it should be at S6.

They haven’t a fu*kin clue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PEARSON said:

The atmosphere yesterday was absolutely dreadful considering the importance of the game and the fact we needed 1 goal to get back into it.

I hate to say this but if you have a similar game at bramall lane or elland road then the stand behind the goal is stood up all game sucking the goal towards the goal, making it difficult for the opposing team and putting pressure on the referee any time there’s time wasting or a 50-50 decision. I’m a big believer in the 12th man and how it helps certain clubs pull results out of the hat when they’re playing at home. Hillsborough is like giving them a 12th man, making our team nervous, barely mustering up any noise when Sunderland had the ball. The top chants from the kop before we scored were ‘gerrin forward’ followed by ‘sit dahn, there’s kids ‘ere’ 

Of all the things that’s disappointed me the most from the two legs it’s our own fans. Hillsborough was like a library for the vast majority of the biggest game of the season. We’ll only get behind the players when we’re winning.

That’s just what we ALL need the day after yet ANOTHER devastating result for Wednesday fans someone saying it’s the Fans to blame FFS! There were 2 alleged Millionairres running around on our pitch the rest on money we could only dream off,with a place at Wembley at stake and a possible return to the Championship,playing to a capacity crowd at Hillsborough.It’s THEIR job to excite and motivate the Crowd,NOT the other way around. But anyway KEEP CLAPPING. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

No offence mate but I think you’re using your own example to change my argument so that it suits better. I specifically compared us to bramall lane and elland road and used Anfield as an example of a stadium rising to the occasion of a big game. I’m not wanting Palace. I’ve never compared us to Palace and never would. I’d hate the fake ultra drone as much as you would. I want Hillsborough to encourage the players in big games and to intimidate the opposing team. Of course it ebs and flows. I don’t expect 90mins of pure noise or a galatasary esc welcome to hell. What I do expect is 0-0 in a game all to play, with the amount of importance on it, better than what was happening around me. Which was mainly flat and surprisingly negative.

29 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

At home with the mute button on.

• Haha 2