The atmosphere at 0-0

13 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

The atmosphere yesterday was absolutely dreadful considering the importance of the game and the fact we needed 1 goal to get back into it.

I hate to say this but if you have a similar game at bramall lane or elland road then the stand behind the goal is stood up all game sucking the goal towards the goal, making it difficult for the opposing team and putting pressure on the referee any time there’s time wasting or a 50-50 decision. I’m a big believer in the 12th man and how it helps certain clubs pull results out of the hat when they’re playing at home. Hillsborough is like giving them a 12th man, making our team nervous, barely mustering up any noise when Sunderland had the ball. The top chants from the kop before we scored were ‘gerrin forward’ followed by ‘sit dahn, there’s kids ‘ere’ 

Of all the things that’s disappointed me the most from the two legs it’s our own fans. Hillsborough was like a library for the vast majority of the biggest game of the season. We’ll only get behind the players when we’re winning.

Get a grip the atmosphere great

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Bez said:

I was in North Stand and the atmosphere was the best I’ve ever seen at Hillsborough 

Interesting. I was on the kop and at times you could hear a pindrop. I’d love our kop to be like other clubs, everyone standing and pulling the ball towards the goal. Maybe I just need to sit on the north in future 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, owler66 said:

The team needs to help as well no urgency at all in the first half one shot on target 

This is my point though. Wednesday fans have a mentality that the players should get us up for it. It should be the other way round. We should be motivating them, intimidating the other team. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

and putting pressure on the referee any time there’s time wasting or a 50-50 decision.

I’m not sure any amount of shouting will make that happen. Refs are in on the circus these days. 

Most of the refs love coming to Hillsborough, for the wrong reasons. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, swfcAH said:

I think considering how nervous the crowd obviously was the atmosphere was pretty decent, we'll see how good the atmosphere is at the stain when forest are running em ragged

I think nervous is exactly the right word. But Hillsborough seems to suffer and deal with nerves so much worse than most other stadiums. That gets transferred onto the players, I think. It must be a hard place to play as a home player. A lot of club seems to have a belief that they can always get a result at home and it shows. The obvious example is Anfield. 1-0 down in a champions league semi and of course everyone’s gonna be nervous but the way that’s dealt with is worlds apart from us. Their fans realise they have a part to play and an atmospheric Anfield is more likely to get the best out of their players and more likely to create a tough atmosphere for the team they’re playing, the ref etc. We sit with our hands covering our faces waiting for it to all go wrong, screaming at our own players for playing it out from the back. 

• Like 3

Considering I sound like Barry White this morning I think the atmosphere was great. 

Just like the team it takes the fans a while to find form. We've been served up disappointment after disappointment for years. Many who attend can't remember the good times in the top flight when it was a cacophony of noise every week.

Maybe we have to keep it going into next season win lose or draw.

I was on the North for a change and I think in most part it was pretty good. It went a bit quiet around the hour mark.

the ref

4 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

I think nervous is exactly the right word. But Hillsborough seems to suffer and deal with nerves so much worse than most other stadiums. That gets transferred onto the players, I think. It must be a hard place to play as a home player. A lot of club seems to have a belief that they can always get a result at home and it shows. The obvious example is Anfield. 1-0 down in a champions league semi and of course everyone’s gonna be nervous but the way that’s dealt with is worlds apart from us. Their fans realise they have a part to play and an atmospheric Anfield is more likely to get the best out of their players and more likely to create a tough atmosphere for the team they’re playing, the ref etc. We sit with our hands covering our faces waiting for it to all go wrong, screaming at our own players for playing it out from the back. 

I was on the North for a change and I think in most part it was pretty good. It went a bit quiet around the hour mark when I think the nerves kicked in .

the ref was getting stick all game. Our home form this season was the best we have had in years so your point about Hillsborough being a hard place to play  is a bit mute regarding this

43 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

The atmosphere yesterday was absolutely dreadful considering the importance of the game and the fact we needed 1 goal to get back into it.

I hate to say this but if you have a similar game at bramall lane or elland road then the stand behind the goal is stood up all game sucking the goal towards the goal, making it difficult for the opposing team and putting pressure on the referee any time there’s time wasting or a 50-50 decision. I’m a big believer in the 12th man and how it helps certain clubs pull results out of the hat when they’re playing at home. Hillsborough is like giving them a 12th man, making our team nervous, barely mustering up any noise when Sunderland had the ball. The top chants from the kop before we scored were ‘gerrin forward’ followed by ‘sit dahn, there’s kids ‘ere’ 

Of all the things that’s disappointed me the most from the two legs it’s our own fans. Hillsborough was like a library for the vast majority of the biggest game of the season. We’ll only get behind the players when we’re winning.

"Sucking the ball towards the goal "

What a pile of Sky sports cack 

We all know who silenced the crowd ....our own players and manager !

Cant say I heard your lone voice billowing out in the Library 

• Like 2