The atmosphere at 0-0

20 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

At home with the mute button on.

I was sat on the kop. No mute button for me because I specifically remember hearing such kop classics as ‘sit dahhhn’ and ‘stop messing abahht with it.’ If there’s one thing I think makes a terrific atmosphere it’s b*llocking our own players for having the audacity to pass the ball in defence. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, swfcAH said:

I think considering how nervous the crowd obviously was the atmosphere was pretty decent, we'll see how good the atmosphere is at the stain when forest are running em ragged

Great point. It was quiet and I put it down to nerves which affected me too. Made up for it after the goal.

6 hours ago, PEARSON said:

The atmosphere yesterday was absolutely dreadful considering the importance of the game and the fact we needed 1 goal to get back into it.

I hate to say this but if you have a similar game at bramall lane or elland road then the stand behind the goal is stood up all game sucking the goal towards the goal, making it difficult for the opposing team and putting pressure on the referee any time there’s time wasting or a 50-50 decision. I’m a big believer in the 12th man and how it helps certain clubs pull results out of the hat when they’re playing at home. Hillsborough is like giving them a 12th man, making our team nervous, barely mustering up any noise when Sunderland had the ball. The top chants from the kop before we scored were ‘gerrin forward’ followed by ‘sit dahn, there’s kids ‘ere’ 

Of all the things that’s disappointed me the most from the two legs it’s our own fans. Hillsborough was like a library for the vast majority of the biggest game of the season. We’ll only get behind the players when we’re winning.

Didn’t you realise the Kop is all seated now? 

Im sure it was against Huddersfield and Brighton too. 

1 hour ago, PEARSON said:

No offence mate but I think you’re using your own example to change my argument so that it suits better. I specifically compared us to bramall lane and elland road and used Anfield as an example of a stadium rising to the occasion of a big game. I’m not wanting Palace. I’ve never compared us to Palace and never would. I’d hate the fake ultra drone as much as you would. I want Hillsborough to encourage the players in big games and to intimidate the opposing team. Of course it ebs and flows. I don’t expect 90mins of pure noise or a galatasary esc welcome to hell. What I do expect is 0-0 in a game all to play, with the amount of importance on it, better than what was happening around me. Which was mainly flat and surprisingly negative.

A good eloquent response and I thank you for that.

I can only perceive that the atmosphere must be ‘in the eye of the beholder’.

I thought it was exceptional last night and I have just spoken to a mate of mine who has a 5 year season ticket and has been going for 50 years (same as me), and he thought it was one of the best atmosphere’s he’s ever witnessed at Hillsborough, and I agree with him.

8 hours ago, PEARSON said:

The atmosphere yesterday was absolutely dreadful considering the importance of the game and the fact we needed 1 goal to get back into it.

I hate to say this but if you have a similar game at bramall lane or elland road then the stand behind the goal is stood up all game sucking the goal towards the goal, making it difficult for the opposing team and putting pressure on the referee any time there’s time wasting or a 50-50 decision. I’m a big believer in the 12th man and how it helps certain clubs pull results out of the hat when they’re playing at home. Hillsborough is like giving them a 12th man, making our team nervous, barely mustering up any noise when Sunderland had the ball. The top chants from the kop before we scored were ‘gerrin forward’ followed by ‘sit dahn, there’s kids ‘ere’ 

Of all the things that’s disappointed me the most from the two legs it’s our own fans. Hillsborough was like a library for the vast majority of the biggest game of the season. We’ll only get behind the players when we’re winning.

From TV , the sound of the supporters was very loud for the first hour. After the Gregory equaliser on approx 75, the lights in the crowd indicated a crowd about to welcome a victory and the quietness only hit me after their goal on 93 minutes. 

4 hours ago, Geedee said:

I've been going for decades too. People who sit make less noise than those who stand, if we are talking about having an atmosphere to help the team, then I think that the people at the front of the kop need to stand. If you have dodgy knees then perhaps there are more suitable places in the stadium for you to sit.

That's not true I make as much as noise any fvcker, I appreciate your concern that I should after 6 decades, I should move to another area. 

Great to hear the Wednesday family at its best

Edited by akbuk

6 minutes ago, akbuk said:

That's not true I make as much as noise any fvcker, I appreciate your concern that I should after 6 decades, I should move to another area. 

Great to hear the Wednesday family at its best

Calm down mate its only a forum debate. You can  , of course, sit where you want but the kop was designed for people who stand and if you were on the kop 6 decades ago you know that.( I moved from the kop to the North Stand when the seats were brought in )

You may be an exception to the rule but in general I maintain that people who stand will be louder and more animated.

8 hours ago, PEARSON said:

It must be a miracle how we have about the best home record in all 4 divisions with such awful support and a manager who apparently is inept according to some on here.   How on earth have we done it?   I think Leeds supporters have been sucking it in the wrong end.  However, don't disagree about the overall performances over the two games - a bit like vs Huddersfield a few years ago.  I think people got deja vu, and what a shame after all those goals and open football during the season, what with the injuries and players who inevitably took a couple of months to get to know each other.

9 hours ago, PEARSON said:

You must have a problem with your hearing. 

What’s annoying about the OP and his repeated blaming of the supporters for what he alleges was a dreadful atmosphere, is all his posts on this subject are a total exaggeration. Completely lost any credibility when he used the phrase 'could hear a pin drop'. 

Of course there were lulls in the noise but I certainly believe it was a great atmosphere and it’s been reported in national media as such. The only time it was really quiet was when their goal went in and that’s because we were all in shock that Sunderland had nicked it right at the end when extra time was beckoning. 

2 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

What’s annoying about the OP and his repeated blaming of the supporters for what he alleges was a dreadful atmosphere, is all his posts on this subject are a total exaggeration. Completely lost any credibility when he used the phrase 'could hear a pin drop'. 

Of course there were lulls in the noise but I certainly believe it was a great atmosphere and it’s been reported in national media as such. The only time it was really quiet was when their goal went in and that’s because we were all in shock that Sunderland had nicked it right at the end when extra time was beckoning. 

My argument probably lost ‘credibility’ when you disagreed with it. It’s what tends to happen on the internet. Of course I couldn’t literally hear a pindrop, I doubt any pins was dropped. Of course I’m blaming the supporters for the poor atmosphere. I don’t agree with the view that team should get the crowd going. My point was that I thought the atmosphere would be a lot better for a game of this importance and I think comparable clubs would have created a lot better one. This is at 0-0, when we was 1-0 it was great and at 1-1 it’s understandable that’s it not. I don’t just think the atmosphere was dreadful because of the noise (which I stand by my opinion that it wasnt very noisy at 0-0) but because of the negativity to our own players in particular our defenders. Some people have agreed the atmosphere wasn’t great but have put that down to nerves, other people have completely disagreed and said the atmosphere was amazing. We’re all allowed our opinion, don’t take it to heart.

Guest Musttryharder
12 hours ago, PEARSON said:

Well I think your better suited in attending the games at either bum hole lane or that dirty horrible team up the M1.