Utterly Embarrassing

3 minutes ago, the monk said:

..kin unreal what some folk see pal.

I’m honestly a bit lost, because not one point over 180 mins did I think we were up for it, even when we scored. Sunderland were first to everything the entire leg 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Neil neutralised us. Put his wingers high which stopped our wing backs and that resorted to us hitting long aimless balls for most of the game. 

It does seem like Moore lacks the ability to change a game that’s not working. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, manilovetheowls said:

My 7 year old is in bed crying. Why did I do this to him? Why couldn't I tell him to just support Liverpool or City like half his mates. Have I been a bad parent for projecting my love of Wednesday onto him?

Blame falls squarely on Moore for this season imo, and i don't ever want to see Mendez Laing in a Wednesday shirt again.

Suffering, disappointment and defeat are essential aspects of growing into a fully developed, resilient and rounded character. Getting everything your own way only breeds entitlement, weakness and spite. Trust me, winning the League Cup in 1991 was the most tremendous experience as it was so far removed from what we've come to expect. Bigger clubs may win more often, but they will rarely feel the way we did that day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, manilovetheowls said:

My 7 year old is in bed crying. Why did I do this to him? Why couldn't I tell him to just support Liverpool or City like half his mates. Have I been a bad parent for projecting my love of Wednesday onto him?

Blame falls squarely on Moore for this season imo, and i don't ever want to see Mendez Laing in a Wednesday shirt again.

It wasn't NML who cost us the games

• Like 1

Moore is completely out of his depth and has shown it over these two legs 

We either waste another year - or get a manager in who can tactically sort this team out

Watching us go out with a whimper and be cagey is completely shocking - I can’t believe anyone will give him another chance

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, manilovetheowls said:

It IS on DM he is the manager,but NOT for the defeat over 2 legs,but for the drawn games,playing it out philosophy,and giving poor 3rd Division teams  WAY to much credit...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, manilovetheowls said:

It's life. You win some you lose some.

6 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

Slow start to the season has cost us more than anything… I believe Moore inherited an absolute mess which he has not done a bad job of sorting out. 

build on what we have and keep Moore for another season. I think we will be better placed. Not keen on another managerial overhaul right now

disappointed about tonight, thought there was plenty of effort but just felt Sunderland were better and to be honest should have put us away in the first leg

a very Wednesday end to the game and the season… conceding late. This is the priority for next season in my eyes

Quite a balanced view, although I wouldn’t want to big the players up too much for plenty of effort.  The bit that worries me is building on what we have.  All I can see at the moment is an ageing squad with not enough energy and showing the odd sign of being too comfortable.  

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

It wasn't NML who cost us the games

Well he might have cost us this after that lazy fvking jog back. But regardless of that, he's worse then Chris Lines mate. Moore is the #1 culprit but I fear we're stuck with him. Club is a mess financially by all accounts.

4 minutes ago, the monk said:

..kin unreal what some folk see pal.

Because next will be the record at home stat which will be used as some sort of justification for saying he's done a great job. With the squad we had built over the summer I think it was a minimum we beat the likes of Cheltenham and Crewe at home, winning those games isn't some kind of managerial messiah. For me it's come down to the crunch and when we've needed to dig in deep and change the tactics when Plan A doesnt work, Moore simply doesn't have a clue. 

Nice guy an all that, but this man will not get us promoted. Mind you, as I said in another thread, the financial backlash this is going to have on us now, wether it be Moore or anyone else, its going to be a huge budget cut with our better players replaced by lower quality. 

To think next season we will be facing Forest Green whilst the pigs could be potentially playing Premiership football once again, it's enough to make me want to pack in football all together n

10 minutes ago, the monk said:

Moore was out managed , he ain't up to it and there is nothing on his cv that says he is 

This x 1000.

I look at it like this, if we were in the market for a new manager, would anyone advocate appointing someone with Moore’s track record? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Quite a balanced view, although I wouldn’t want to big the players up too much for plenty of effort.  The bit that worries me is building on what we have.  All I can see at the moment is an ageing squad with not enough energy and showing the odd sign of being too comfortable.  

I agree with you on the ageing squad but with some shrewd additions I think we have the nucleus of a promotion team… it’s the injuries that worry me the most

9 minutes ago, manilovetheowls said:

Well he might have cost us this after that lazy fvking jog back. But regardless of that, he's worse then Chris Lines mate. Moore is the #1 culprit but I fear we're stuck with him. Club is a mess financially by all accounts.

Well financially we have been a mess for years 

9 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Suffering, disappointment and defeat are essential aspects of growing into a fully developed, resilient and rounded character. Getting everything your own way only breeds entitlement, weakness and spite. Trust me, winning the League Cup in 1991 was the most tremendous experience as it was so far removed from what we've come to expect. Bigger clubs may win more often, but they will rarely feel the way we did that day.

100%

Was speaking to a friend who's a Manchester United fan yesterday, he's an actual fan (or was) and had a season ticket for 10 years, stopped going a couple of years ago due to personal circumstances. Anyway, he told me yesterday he doesn't care about them anymore, says he's given up because the players have. A good example of the entitlement you were talking about. They're 6th in the Premier League ffs.

40 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

As he says in Dads Army, anyone else feel this club is doomed to be forever unsuccessful?  The fans deserves so much better than they get. 

This club won’t achieve anything while that cretin Chansiri is running the show.

It’s that idiots hideous financial mismanagement of the club that has seen him spend millions of pounds to take us into the third tier.

• Like 1