Utterly Embarrassing

I really like what Moore has done for the club by getting rid of that toxic negativity that stank the place out for the previous few years and has reconnected the fans with the players and club in a manner not felt since Carlos' first season.

Hope he stays and we pick up pretty much where we left off and hit the ground running next season.

However, can someone with a more technical knowledge of the game than me please explain what the game plan / tactics were tonight? Cos I'm scratching my head trying to figure it out.

Yes, kudos to Sunderland for playing high, pressing and not giving us a second on the ball but.. shouldn't that have been what we needed to do? 
And with it obviously not working, what would've been the effective counter measure to combat Sunderland's tactics?

41 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Imagine the reaction had we appointed someone who had taken Preston to 11th and 16th in the Championship before being given the elbow back in March 2021. Funnily enough, I don't recall such a clamour for him at the time.

Or perhaps we should have done it in February this year when Sunderland came in and he'd been out of work for eleven months? You know, when we'd won four in a row without conceding a goal and been beaten only 5 times in 25 games?

Didn't say there was a clamour.  I said he is manager we should have appointed pre Xmas, just what I thought at the time (and started a thread saying same back then) as I do now.

None of the defensive problems conceeding silly goals ha e been sorted, Sunderland used to do exactly same he sorted that out.