Sunderland fan in peace

I've watched too much anti football in the last few weeks. 

If they are the tactics required to win games , football is dying. 

Yes they did a job on us, but they didn't play football. Hoofball anywhere, just lump it,  keep it in the air, stop football on the deck. Then when we do get the ball throw yourselves on the ground, stop the flow, con the ref. Then the time wasting from the first minute.

Game management to see a game out in the dying minutes is one thing, but 90 minutes of it is contrary to the spirit of the game.

Until refs start stamping this out it will continue and either we lower ourselves to the levels we've witnessed recently or we lose games to sh*t housers like that.

Whilst I don't want Wycombe to go up I suspect the final will be remembered as one of the worst spectacles of anti football ever witnessed. 120 mins of aerial combat whilst kicking lumps out of each other, 25 mins added time for rounduns theatrics. 1-1 aet, followed by pens. 

Sunderland to win 27-26, fans bored sh*tless and boys becoming men literally as they age whilst watching such dross.

Edited by OwlBiSeeinThi
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I still hope Sunderland beat Wycombe because they, like us don’t belong in L1 and Wycombe certainly do (or lower). 

However, I do wonder how long Sunderland supporters will tolerate the 'style’ of football provided by Neil now that they’ve achieved the difficult task of getting out of L1. Wouldn’t surprise me if he doesn’t last long there. 

Sunderland aren’t the type to judge a manner on “style of play”. We hate anti-football, but we won’t throw a strop because we’re not passing out from the back every time. 

Neil has got the players confident, believing in themselves, fighting for the badge and that’s all we ask for. If you give 100%, you’ll get the same from the fans. 

Might be against the grain here but hope Wycombe beat them. Wycombe use shithouse tactics because they're a limited football team with a limited budget and they use a style that gets the best out of the players they have, if Wycombe went toe to toe with the big guns and tried to play football they'd get battered.

But Sunderland don't have that excuse. They have a squad capable of playing football, but chose not to do so. The keeper was wasting time from the first goal kick, the left back was wasting time from the first throw in, and that cheating ******** O'Nien rolling about trying to get Windass sent off was absolutely embarrassing. For a grand old club like Sunderland to lower themselves to Wycombe's tactics was shameful, like i said, Wycombe do it because of their limitations as a football team, Sunderland have championship players across the pitch. Hope the greasy haired jumped up rocker does a number on them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaddySAFC said:

Sunderland aren’t the type to judge a manner on “style of play”. We hate anti-football, but we won’t throw a strop because we’re not passing out from the back every time. 

Neil has got the players confident, believing in themselves, fighting for the badge and that’s all we ask for. If you give 100%, you’ll get the same from the fans. 

I don't disagree with anything you've said. Except it's not about playing out from the back. 

It's about the theatrics, the diving, the timewasting. Taking 5 mins to make three subs. It's horrible to watch. It worked for you and I accept that.

It's for the match officials to stamp it out. Any ref with a set of rounduns would have booked half your team in the first half. Not to mention for that tackle on Byers in the first 5-10 mins. There were some very bizarre decisions by that ref last night.

The final could very well be the worst game of football ever witnessed.

Morning All.  

I didn't want to post last night as I know how hard defeats like that can be to take.  

I honestly thought after you scored you were going to push on and do it.  

I have mates who were down last night and said the noise after you scored was up there with the best they have ever experienced. 

I've read all the posts and I really do appreciate those wishing us good luck.  

Thank you. 

As for the shithousry side of things.  

You do what you need to do to win.  I know for a fan it's horrible to watch.  

Under Lee Johnson we were far too "nice" and not street wise.  

Alex Neil has changed that.  

And we needed to change.  I've read a post about the ball will only be in play for 7 minutes in the final.  Well provided we score in those 7 minutes.  

It's job done.  I'm not saying I like those tactics as I don't.  

But when it's your team using those tactics to help you win a game.  

Again it's doing what you need too, to win a game.   It worked for Real Madrid last week.  

Anyways.   Still a long way to go yet.  However in my opinion the harder game for us was last night.  

• Like 6

People moaning about poo housery... 

I remember when Megson was here and teams would moan about how physical we were and use to bully other teams, and we loved it. 

It's the same principle. 

Chir Maguire was a wind up, hate him when he plays for any other team, loved him for us. 

Like I said previously, two evenly matched teams over a season and 2 games, with a mistake the difference ultimately. 

Good luck, I for one would prefer Wycombe in L1 next season for our sake 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Morning All.  

I didn't want to post last night as I know how hard defeats like that can be to take.  

I have mates who were down last night and said the noise after you scored was up there with the best they have ever experienced. 

Thank you. 

And we needed to change.  I've read a post about the ball will only be in play for 7 minutes in the final.  Well provided we score in those 7 minutes.  

Again it's doing what you need too, to win a game.   It worked for Real Madrid last week.  

Anyways.   Still a long way to go yet.  However in my opinion the harder game for us was last night.  

I'd take the shithousery comments with a pinch of salt, it's exactly how you need to play to get out of this league - we should know, we played exactly the same way under Megson/Jones. 

Alex Neil set you up perfectly. It was such a different Sunderland to the one I've seen over the past few seasons, who like you say were probably too nice (like us). Probably only witnessed 5 minutes last night where you lost your way, but other than that you did a number on us and the game plan worked perfectly.

Wycombe won't role over, but I reckon you guys are probably better suited to play them than us. We've still got a soft centre that we need to address in the summer.

Good luck in the final.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

People moaning about poo housery... 

I remember when Megson was here and teams would moan about how physical we were and use to bully other teams, and we loved it. 

It's the same principle. 

Chir Maguire was a wind up, hate him when he plays for any other team, loved him for us. 

Like I said previously, two evenly matched teams over a season and 2 games, with a mistake the difference ultimately. 

Good luck, I for one would prefer Wycombe in L1 next season for our sake 

Poo housry.....   I like it.  

But yeah you're right pal.  It's only horrible to watch when it's deployed against your team.  

I hated Lee Cattermole.  Horrid player. 

But when he played for us.  He was our horrid player.  

What was your thoughts on last night. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bassetts Allsorts said:

I'd take the shithousery comments with a pinch of salt, it's exactly how you need to play to get out of this league - we should know, we played exactly the same way under Megson/Jones. 

Alex Neil set you up perfectly. It was such a different Sunderland to the one I've seen over the past few seasons, who like you say were probably too nice (like us). Probably only witnessed 5 minutes last night where you lost your way, but other than that you did a number on us and the game plan worked perfectly.

Wycombe won't role over, but I reckon you guys are probably better suited to play them than us. We've still got a soft centre that we need to address in the summer.

Good luck in the final.

Thank you. 

I genuinely do appreciate the good luck comments. 

I'm mid 40s / had a season ticket for c30 years so have certainly experienced my fair share of ups and downs.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Poo housry.....   I like it.  

But yeah you're right pal.  It's only horrible to watch when it's deployed against your team.  

I hated Lee Cattermole.  Horrid player. 

But when he played for us.  He was our horrid player.  

What was your thoughts on last night. 

2 poor teams on the basis of last night (obviously not true over the season) 

We looked weak in midfield unusually and didn't play our game at all, except for 10 mins after the goal. 

We always looks vulnerable on the counter, and had a feeling you'd sneak one due to that. 

Like I say 2 very even teams over 46 games, 2 of the biggest clubs in this league. 

Neil was a good appointment and one I'd have liked us to make in different circumstances. Best of luck for the final 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As for the time wasting there was 10 minutes of added time, Sunderland did a job on us and the better team won. 

24 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Morning All.  

Thank you. 

Dnt listen to excuses frm some of our fans..... You out played us n out battled us bth games.....we wernt good enough... End of.... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Morning All.  

Thank you. 

A very balanced view.

Good luck for the final mate.

16 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Morning All.  

Thank you. 

In all honesty best team over the two legs won. A lot has been made of the shîthouse tactics and they were being deployed a bit but I don’t think that’s why we lost. We lost because we weren’t good enough to beat you. It’s always annoying when your team concedes a goal from a mistake like in the first leg, but we were lucky to escape  only 1-0 down. In the second leg we didn’t create loads of chances other than the one we scored are were sucker punched late on as we have been loads of times this season. You on the other hand have scored loads of late goals so going all out attack and switching off like we did was all our own fault. 

The best team won and the best thing for us to do is put it behind us and look to get the squad ready for next season. 

I fear for you against Wycombe as they are the absolute kings of the dark arts but would rather you go up because a) as a set of fans you deserve it and b) you will always be a big threat in this league so could do with you out of it! 

Good luck!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

I’ve read a post about the ball will only be in play for 7 minutes in the final.  Well provided we score in those 7 minutes.  

I was being slightly tongue in cheek with my comment. Something like 4 minutes more realistic? 😁

Interesting comments about Lee Johnson and being too nice to be successful in a horrible league. Some lessons to be learnt from our management setup there for sure.

The reason we lost is because we ended up falling into the trap of playing the game Sunderland wanted. In the first leg, I think that was part by design. In the second leg, we just never really got going, bar that one moment of real quality for the Gregory goal. 

I have nothing against Sunderland as a football club, but I simply can't stand Alex Neil. His Preston team were a joke and the man looks like a potato. 

Whether fans consider it s*|thousery or not, Sunderland did what they needed to do to get a result last night as did Wycombe the day before. I know I wouldn’t be complaining if we’d done the same and I was sat here trying to get online to book my ticket for Wembley this morning.

As for the final, all the best to Sunderland, speaking from a purely selfish point of view they absolutely dwarf Wycombe and I think they’d be much more of a threat to us next season than Wycombe would be. Much better to get them out of the way.

• Like 2

Over the 2 games we rarely played as we know we can. I'm not sure if that was our fault, Sunderlands shithousery or their doing a job on us.

I wish we had won, we weren't far away but it's over. We lost, good luck to Sunderland, I hope they win the final because I dislike the team they are playing.

Sunderland fans by and large are decent types. All the best.

On to next season and automatic promotion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I don't disagree with anything you've said. Except it's not about playing out from the back. 

It's about the theatrics, the diving, the timewasting. Taking 5 mins to make three subs. It's horrible to watch. It worked for you and I accept that.

It's for the match officials to stamp it out. Any ref with a set of rounduns would have booked half your team in the first half. Not to mention for that tackle on Byers in the first 5-10 mins. There were some very bizarre decisions by that ref last night.

The final could very well be the worst game of football ever witnessed.

I don’t agree with that final sentence. We had a 1-0 lead yesterday and therefore tried to use that. 

Wembley is a 0-0 and we’ll try and get after Wycombe. Plus if we both try and waste time we’ll still be playing in July. 

• Haha 1