Sunderland fan in peace

23 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Well.  

Ladies and Gents. 

Boys and girls. 

I've just finished work for the day.  Time to get some supplies and find a settee to hide behind 🙈🙈 

My main 2 thoughts are. 

Our missed chances will come back to haunt us.   But. 

You "having a go at us" will suit us. 

Those first 20mins are huge.  You score early and the roof will come off an already passionate ground. 

If.  You do beat us.  I can genuinely say you will have my best wishes for thr final. 

And I will be back on in a day or 2.  

Whether that be me moping around or I'll give yous some space. 

I hope for those who are going you enjoy your pints.  But my best wishes cease at 7-45pm. 

Good luck in final, league one will be a worst division without you guys 

you don’t belong in this pub league and was the better team over  180 minutes 

you was always going to play some s£&thouse tactics I begrudge your lot for that I’d like to think we’d do same referee could have nipped that in bud early and whilst I don’t blame the ref for us losing his was shocking 

credit to you guys though I thought you’d sit back and for long periods of that game you’d of thought you was the home team pushing for the goal 

remember us when we’re travelling to Exeter and Forrest green next year 

and give Leeds and Sheff utd a good old spanking for us 

We’ll see you in the championship in 23/24 season 

6 minutes ago, PaddySAFC said:

I don’t agree with that final sentence. We had a 1-0 lead yesterday and therefore tried to use that. 

Wembley is a 0-0 and we’ll try and get after Wycombe. Plus if we both try and waste time we’ll still be playing in July. 

I guess we'll see. 

July might be a little optimistic.

I wonder if there is a limit as to how long a penalty shootout can go for.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Thank you. 

I genuinely do appreciate the good luck comments. 

I'm mid 40s / had a season ticket for c30 years so have certainly experienced my fair share of ups and downs.  

Good luck in the final. 
I actually think you may struggle as he’s a Wiley fox Ainsworth. Seems some of your fellows think it’s a formality.  I do genuinely hope you make it but it’s far from done. 

• Like 1

Flew to Canaries yesterday & got into pub for second half, my son had my match ticket. The ecstasy of our goal & subsequent celebration was ultimately crushed by their equaliser.

So, get up today, go for a long walk on the promenade path, bloke half of first couple walking towards us is wearing an SAFC t-shirt ffs 😂

Stopped him & spoke at great length about football while women talked about grandkids etc. Decent fella, proper supporter & wished our semi had been the final. He was genuinely nervous about playing WW. Congratulated him, wished them well & hoped they beat the poxy little club in the final. Also, that they might batter the pigs & Leeds next season! Our race is run, sadly, but we’ll be back. 👍

• Like 1

We have a few fans from other clubs who contribute on here and have done for years - West Brom, Fulham among others. 

Speaking of the play off final, I came across this on the old Tw@tter machine earlier: 

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/may/10/rob-wembley/

A few highlights: 

The supporters of the team that is a Netflix show will try to intimidate us with their superior number of fans.

We will also be utilizing our secret weapon: the WorldWide Wycombe Wanderers Phenomenon. Already, our friends from La Media Inglesa are planning their trip and we can anticipate their joyous support ringing out throughout Wembley. And they are the tip of the lance for our WorldWide presence. We are already receiving notices of attendance from all over the world. I expect the profusion of national flags to be spectacular and the support full-throated and to dominate the stadium.

No idea what he's going on about in the second paragraph, but it sounds absolutely mental and sh*t at the same time. 

Not sure how 40,000 odd Sunderland fans will cope with it. 

I'm in two minds about the final tbh. Suppose I don't have a strong preference. Nothing against Sunderland (a top club, with a great fanbase), but Alex Neil really does annoy me...but then so does Gareth Ainsworth in a different sort of way. You then have Akinfenwa who is an absolute idiot. But then I have a bit of a softspot for Wycombe due to 2012...yet they play the worst football in the entire league and their chairman is a raving lunatic. But then it's probably in our best interests if there is no Sunderland in League One next season. 

Flip knows tbh :duntmatter:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, fpowl said:

Good luck in final, league one will be a worst division without you guys 

you don’t belong in this pub league and was the better team over  180 minutes 

you was always going to play some s£&thouse tactics I begrudge your lot for that I’d like to think we’d do same referee could have nipped that in bud early and whilst I don’t blame the ref for us losing his was shocking 

credit to you guys though I thought you’d sit back and for long periods of that game you’d of thought you was the home team pushing for the goal 

remember us when we’re travelling to Exeter and Forrest green next year 

and give Leeds and Sheff utd a good old spanking for us 

We’ll see you in the championship in 23/24 season 

Thank you very much.

Hey mate, yous certainly do not belong in this sodding league either.  Yeah I think we were always gonna use some game management or sh1thouse tactics, under Lee Johnson we were too nice and not p1ss wise but yeah I thought last night we showed a bit more of how to win a game in that respect.   Wycombe have already started with their horrendous mind games they try to play but let them crack on pal

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We have a few fans from other clubs who contribute on here and have done for years - West Brom, Fulham among others. 

Speaking of the play off final, I came across this on the old Tw@tter machine earlier: 

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/may/10/rob-wembley/

A few highlights: 

No idea what he's going on about in the second paragraph, but it sounds absolutely mental and sh*t at the same time. 

Not sure how 40,000 odd Sunderland fans will cope with it. 

I'm in two minds about the final tbh. Suppose I don't have a strong preference. Nothing against Sunderland (a top club, with a great fanbase), but Alex Neil really does annoy me...but then so does Gareth Ainsworth in a different sort of way. You then have Akinfenwa who is an absolute idiot. But then I have a bit of a softspot for Wycombe due to 2012...yet they play the worst football in the entire league and their chairman is a raving lunatic. But then it's probably in our best interests if there is no Sunderland in League One next season. 

Flip knows tbh :duntmatter:

Yeah just saw that earlier pal no ideas what he is going on about.  I get you have soft-spots for certain clubs, i do as well.

However I have developed a huge soft spot for Wednesday now after the unreal virtual welcome I have received from everyone on here 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Evening All, sorry not long finished work.

Again, I genuinely do appreciate the great messages, I purposely kept off last night becuase I have respect for other fans and more so for yous and the great welcome I have received on here.  I would never want to come across as rubbing it in.

Apologies if my next bit is seen as that as believe me it is not, just sort of giving you an insight into my day.

I work with plenty of Newcastle fans and as you can expect I had that extra step in my walk today, mind I am not sure how after supping around 12 tins of Heineken last night, I felt it this morning.

My day as been filled with the usual messages from "mates" who I have never heard from in years with the usual - Can you sort me a ticket -   Hows about no.  

We have been allocated c37,000 tickets which is enough to satisfy season ticket holders and selfishly everyone in my group so thats my plan tomorrow sorting tickets, trains were sorted this morning and at around £120 not cheap but thats our own fault for not pre-booking.  Hotels were sorted a bit ago on a pre-cancellation job.

I have got to be honest and if I sound arrogant I do not mean too be.  In my opinion last night was the hardest game and whoever won I thought and still do think will win at Wembley.

I will stick around if yous want me too and keep you updated, however please do not think I am trying to rub it in your faces as that is the last thing on my mind to wind up a set of fans I have been made thoroughly  welcome from.

Just fizz off 

I mean I really don’t want to associate with anyone who drinks Heineken

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Yeah just saw that earlier pal no ideas what he is going on about.  I get you have soft-spots for certain clubs, i do as well.

However I have developed a huge soft spot for Wednesday now after the unreal virtual welcome I have received from everyone on here 

I think the Wycombe chairman thing is just typical small club BS tbh. 

Have seen it all season and previous times down in this division. These smaller clubs just have a chip on their shoulder. 

All fans of the bigger sides are "arrogant" and we think we have a god given right to get promoted and blah, flipping blah. 

At the end of the day, there were 33,000 in Hillsborough last night. There appeared to be about 6 people filling up Stadium MK or whatever they call it on Sunday. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

So how do you see your summer going, will Bannan stay?  I saw on Twitter he was getting some hammer from a fan.

Are most of yous season ticket holders / will you renew or have you?

I had renewed about a month ago, nothing else better to do on a Saturday afternoon apart from getting mentally tortured by our respective football teams.....   Ha

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mackem1 said:

So how do you see your summer going, will Bannan stay?  I saw on Twitter he was getting some hammer from a fan.

Are most of yous season ticket holders / will you renew or have you?

I had renewed about a month ago, nothing else better to do on a Saturday afternoon apart from getting mentally tortured by our respective football teams.....   Ha

Do me a favour will you..if you win final and go up..just smash the pigs and Leeds will you till we get back......hopefully next season 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Evening All, sorry not long finished work.

Again, I genuinely do appreciate the great messages, I purposely kept off last night becuase I have respect for other fans and more so for yous and the great welcome I have received on here.  I would never want to come across as rubbing it in.

Apologies if my next bit is seen as that as believe me it is not, just sort of giving you an insight into my day.

I work with plenty of Newcastle fans and as you can expect I had that extra step in my walk today, mind I am not sure how after supping around 12 tins of Heineken last night, I felt it this morning.

My day as been filled with the usual messages from "mates" who I have never heard from in years with the usual - Can you sort me a ticket -   Hows about no.  

We have been allocated c37,000 tickets which is enough to satisfy season ticket holders and selfishly everyone in my group so thats my plan tomorrow sorting tickets, trains were sorted this morning and at around £120 not cheap but thats our own fault for not pre-booking.  Hotels were sorted a bit ago on a pre-cancellation job.

I have got to be honest and if I sound arrogant I do not mean too be.  In my opinion last night was the hardest game and whoever won I thought and still do think will win at Wembley.

I will stick around if yous want me too and keep you updated, however please do not think I am trying to rub it in your faces as that is the last thing on my mind to wind up a set of fans I have been made thoroughly  welcome from.

Stay and don't you love the EFL 37000 tickets what's plan for the other 50000? 

Good luck in final as you're a bigger threat than Wycombe next season imo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Do me a favour will you..if you win final and go up..just smash the pigs and Leeds will you till we get back......hopefully next season 

I will hold you to a promise, IF  we go up and we get to play those Red and White pigs, I will come over to near Hillsborough and meet anyone who wants too for a drink before heading over there

• Like 4

Just now, Waddle93 said:

Stay and don't you love the EFL 37000 tickets what's plan for the other 50000? 

Good luck in final as you're a bigger threat than Wycombe next season imo.

Apparently if WW sell their 19,000 they will get some more??   If not we might get some more? 

Thank you very much pal 

Just now, Mackem1 said:

I will hold you to a promise, IF  we go up and we get to play those Red and White pigs, I will come over to near Hillsborough and meet anyone who wants too for a drink before heading over there

Get me a ticket and I'll sit with you..can't stand the dirty filthy at s2