Sunderland fan in peace

28 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

No.  In reply pal.  I have not.  

Got no time for Wycombe, their club or their fans. 

I came on here because I have a strong respect for Sheffield Wednesday fans. 

I've been to Hillsborough a lot over the years.  My main trip been the 1992 Cup semi-final against Norwich.  

I have some family who are Wednesday fans.  All be it through marriage.  

I think the Wednesday fans and Sunderland fans are very similar in passion, numbers, and general life etchic as in hard working, working class people who love their football. 

I have no "tie in" to anything around Wycombe.  

I don't generally go too opposing teams message boards. 

But was just generally curious as to your fans thoughts and opinions around the build up to our game(s) 

And genuinely pleased with the welcome I received. 

You're welcome on here anytime mate, we're a friendly lot like yourselves

You might encounter an idiot every so often, but every club as them

For what it's worth I thought you were the better team in both games, you managed both games better than us

I put that down to your manager being more street wise

Our manager has a habit of putting square pegs in round holes

I couldn't understand him taking a natural defender off in Hunt, and replacing him with a winger in Mendez-Laing

We didn't need to chase the game, everything was tied at 1-1

We just needed to keep it tight and if we hadn't pinched a goal in extra time, we had Peacock-Farrell who is the best penalty saver I've seen

But it wasn't to be, best team won, and as for the shithousery tactics, we would have aplauded them had we done them

I'll be on a right downer if you lot are still in this division next season

• Like 6

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

For what it's worth I thought you were the better team in both games, you managed both games better than us

I couldn't understand him taking a natural defender off in Hunt, and replacing him with a winger in Mendez-Laing

We just needed to keep it tight and if we hadn't pinched a goal in extra time, we had Peacock-Farrell who is the best penalty saver I've seen

But it wasn't to be, best team won, and as for the shithousery tactics, we would have aplauded them had we done them

Yep, certainly encountered one now

No beef with sunderland, one city club, huge fanbase perennial underachievers like their barcode neighbours, should have been down to 10 men after the tackle on Byers in the 5th minute, studs first foot off the ground, classic red card, our gaffer messed up tactically over both games by not matching up and not easily switching Hutch into MF whose played their most of his career, but the better side won , personally Id sooner we lost 10-0 having really gone for it, rather than a single goal on our own patch in stoppage time, that just smacks of a poor show in the 1st leg.

Dont care who wins the final, Il be watching some really disgusting perverted muck more than likely.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Mendez-Laing came on when it was 0-0, though.

We scored three minutes after he came on.

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Mendez-Laing came on when it was 0-0, though.

We scored three minutes after he came on.

It was his tracking back, or lack of it that cost us, along with Palmer's ball watching

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

28 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

It was his tracking back, or lack of it that cost us, along with Palmer's ball watching

Yeah, I was just pointing out that this part of that you wrote isn't quite accurate:

It wasn't tied at 1-1 when we brought Mendez-Laing on; we were losing. It was only after he came on that we scored.

On 11/05/2022 at 00:40, Mackem1 said:

will Bannan stay?  I saw on Twitter he was getting some hammer from a fan.

It was just 1 person (I refuse to use fan for that tool) and in reply he got battered by numerous fans, and rightly so.

Personally I think Bannan will see out his career with us, 3 years contract extension incoming.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2022 at 18:53, BRUCE LEE said:

Sunderland deserved it, battled for every scrap of football

Hope they don’t go up mind, I really don’t want to go to Wycombe again next season

Or ever again, for that matter 

i dont want to go to either ground cant they both go up? wycombe forget ainsworth and his tactics is a hard place to get to , 3 miles from town centre which is a dump bit like a poor rotherham , ground middle of nowhere and involving a london trip is expensive and takes an age to get back from .

sunderland ive been to that ground for 1st time twice this season ,cant remember if we had a shot in both away games ,sat in the clouds miles from the pitch .. 

hopefully wycombe stay in this league and game is a tues night which rules me out going next season.

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Really?..and it was the bloke who's posted as Mackem 1 on here that did it?

Give over mate, he's been nowt but respectful

No it wasn't and yes he has, not said he hasn't been. Just I don't like Sunderland you must have a club or clubs you don't like, I've not been disrespectful to the bloke though. UTO FS

49 minutes ago, morganowl said:

i dont want to go to either ground cant they both go up? wycombe forget ainsworth and his tactics is a hard place to get to , 3 miles from town centre which is a dump bit like a poor rotherham , ground middle of nowhere and involving a london trip is expensive and takes an age to get back from .

sunderland ive been to that ground for 1st time twice this season ,cant remember if we had a shot in both away games ,sat in the clouds miles from the pitch .. 

hopefully wycombe stay in this league and game is a tues night which rules me out going next season.

Yeh Wycombe nightmare to get to hope they go up..

2 hours ago, Mighty Quinn said:

No it wasn't and yes he has, not said he hasn't been. Just I don't like Sunderland you must have a club or clubs you don't like, I've not been disrespectful to the bloke though. UTO FS

Hello pal, sorry been on daft night shift this week, never the best.

I do understand Sunderland as a city, our club or fans and maybe even our club colours might nark some of you, i do understand that.  Having been home and away for years I know we certainly do have our idiots, as does every club though. 

You have not been disrespectful to me at all, no-one has, i really do appreciate the welcome I have received and I will stick around.  I do understand there is a very fine line between me sort of updating you with how our plans are going for next Saturday and rubbing it in your faces which  I honestly do not want too do, hence I have sort of taken a step away just to let things die down a bit, I would be hurting in your shoes.  But after that hurt as I said from day one you would have my wishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Really?..and it was the bloke who's posted as Mackem 1 on here that did it?

Give over mate, he's been nowt but respectful

Thank you, I really appreciate that pal, I have really tried to be as respectful as I can.  I am a "proper" fan myself as in going home and away and again the last thing I want to do is come across as a gobby sod, becuase at 45 years old / young 🙂  I am not that at all

• Like 2