Sunderland fan in peace

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

90 minutes is a long time to sit back 

and I don’t think you guys will but there’s been some poor teams come to Hillsborough this year who knew they couldn’t match us 

so they put everyone behind the ball and went long. It basically takes out our midfield and we struggle to open them up they’ve knicked so many points mainly draws by doing this 

we like space and hillsbrough is a big pitch it’s why I’d fancy us at Wemberly 

Giving us those Gaps and playing the right team will play into our hands 

Jack hunt instead of Liam palmer will usually has acres of space and of course Barry bannan can find him 8/10 times 

Johnson is the same on the other side 

Mendez-Laing is dangerous to bring on second half 

But like I say sit deep and you’ll close those gaps and we seem to struggle 

that said your wide play also seemed your biggest out and I think you’ll use them and this will open the game up more then it’s going to come down to who makes the most of our chances 

and that’s a lottery 

we could score 0 or 4/5 and that to be fair is the same of you 

I fully expect us though to have much more of the ball than we did at your place the game is there for you to frustrate our crowed and if you do I think you’ll knick

it if you try and play and we’re on form we will knick it 

an open game though it could end up 5-5 

Love reading your replies mate.  You come across very similar as me.... Passionate but in the same token level headed 21 year old.....   (45)    ha 

I dont think sitting back with the crowd behind you is an option, as you nick an early 1 and its game on.  I hope / do trust Alex Neil has a game plan as he has most games.  Yeah Barry Bannan does concern me, however he did seem a touch quiet yesterday???  But certainly a match winner in 1 pass.   If you had asked me last night I was a touch down due to our missed chances....  Today sort of thinking that you need to have a go which will suit us.  

I take it you are there Monday night mate

3 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Love reading your replies mate.  You come across very similar as me.... Passionate but in the same token level headed 21 year old.....   (45)    ha 

I dont think sitting back with the crowd behind you is an option, as you nick an early 1 and its game on.  I hope / do trust Alex Neil has a game plan as he has most games.  Yeah Barry Bannan does concern me, however he did seem a touch quiet yesterday???  But certainly a match winner in 1 pass.   If you had asked me last night I was a touch down due to our missed chances....  Today sort of thinking that you need to have a go which will suit us.  

I take it you are there Monday night mate

The bizzare thing about us last night and I heard Darren Moore’s post match press conference who seemed to be pleased with our performance is what I witnessed is no way reflective of what I’ve seen from this Wednesday team since January time 

We’re a team that play on the front foot and quite often come unstuck by 

a) not taking our chances 

b) not being able to break teams down if they sit in but we still dominate the game 

c) awful at defending set pieces and like your goal have a complete blooper at the back 

I saw nothing from us yesterday it was like watching a different team and I’m hanging on in hope that our tactics was let them do the running and be in the game going back to Hillsborough apart from that I’m mythed at what on earth we was doing.

hopefuly it’s a master plan from Darren Moore and you guys think we’re awful and can just turn up because we offer no threat I’m hoping he’s set a trap 🤣🤣 that’s all I can think off because what I watch was nowhere near or not one patch on how we play 

Our saving grace is I think we have the most points at home and maybe goals than anyone in English football this year ( don’t quote me to that ) and that we are going to unleash an early onslaught on you

My fear is we’re going to be conservative and try and knick one if we do the latter book your hotel in Wemberly my friend and you’ll deserve it 

On a second not I think the winner of Hillsborough wins the playoffs 

that pitch is far too big for Wycombe to handle anyone of us and rightly this could be a championship playoff final game it’s sad it’s in league one and I hope obviously we go to Wemberly but Christ you’ve been here too long now 

and your fans and attendances this year for how long you’ve been in league one is second to non that’s been premier league class unreal last night that ground. It felt like I was about to watch champions league football 

then we showed up 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, fpowl said:

The bizzare thing about us last night and I heard Darren Moore’s post match press conference who seemed to be pleased with our performance is what I witnessed is no way reflective of what I’ve seen from this Wednesday team since January time 

We’re a team that play on the front foot and quite often come unstuck by 

a) not taking our chances 

b) not being able to break teams down if they sit in but we still dominate the game 

c) awful at defending set pieces and like your goal have a complete blooper at the back 

I saw nothing from us yesterday it was like watching a different team and I’m hanging on in hope that our tactics was let them do the running and be in the game going back to Hillsborough apart from that I’m mythed at what on earth we was doing.

hopefuly it’s a master plan from Darren Moore and you guys think we’re awful and can just turn up because we offer no threat I’m hoping he’s set a trap 🤣🤣 that’s all I can think off because what I watch was nowhere near or not one patch on how we play 

Our saving grace is I think we have the most points at home and maybe goals than anyone in English football this year ( don’t quote me to that ) and that we are going to unleash an early onslaught on you

My fear is we’re going to be conservative and try and knick one if we do the latter book your hotel in Wemberly my friend and you’ll deserve it 

On a second not I think the winner of Hillsborough wins the playoffs 

that pitch is far too big for Wycombe to handle anyone of us and rightly this could be a championship playoff final game it’s sad it’s in league one and I hope obviously we go to Wemberly but Christ you’ve been here too long now 

and your fans and attendances this year for how long you’ve been in league one is second to non that’s been premier league class unreal last night that ground. It felt like I was about to watch champions league football 

then we showed up 

I honestly mate, do appreciate your reply.  

I was just talking to my nephew today and saying the same as you as in the Wembley pitch is far too big for a poo house team like Wycombe.  Both of us would hopefully play them off the park.  I will be honest mate, even I got a shock last night at the atmosphere.. It has to help the players?? However pal, your turn Monday night and I expect very similar.  I really cant call it.  As a genuine football fan I see you coming out to have a go, you have too.  I see your crowd been your 12th man.  But,  Our forte is teams having a go / seeing off that pressure and nicking 1. But with c40k Wednesday fans in full voice.  I aint got a clue

10 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Good Morning All. 

Bit of a bad head.  Ha. 

Errrrrrr.  Yeah I was surprised at your performance.  I expected more from yous.  You are not a poor team.  But it certainly wasn't a great performance you last night.  However.  Its only "halftime" and I personally don't think you'll play as bad 2nd half. 

In my opinion.  Our missed chances will come back to haunt us.  Top strikes don't miss Good chances.  

I think a packed Hillsborough will see yous through to Wembley. 

I hope those who travelled up had a good night.  I thought your fans contributed towards a great atmosphere. 

We were awful

As soon as I saw that Palmer was playing instead of Hunt, I knew our manager intended to play negative football for the first hour

I said before the game, we need to come back to Hillsborough on level terms

I stand by that, I'll be surprised if we turn it around

I expect Sunderland to let us play around with the ball at the back, defend deep, and try and hit us on the break

It wouldn't surprise me if Sunderland score first at Hillsborough, we like to give teams a goal start

I just hope we have a go at you, but I'm not sure our manager will see it the same way

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We were awful

As soon as I saw that Palmer was playing instead of Hunt, I knew our manager intended to play negative football for the first hour

I expect Sunderland to let us play around with the ball at the back, defend deep, and try and hit us on the break

It wouldn't surprise me if Sunderland score first at Hillsborough, we like to give teams a goal start

I just hope we have a go at you, but I'm not sure our manager will see it the same way

The MoM Palmer ?

That one ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

The MoM Palmer ?

That one ? 

I don't think you understand my post

The manager picks Palmer over Hunt when he sets up to defend

I'm not slating Palmer

I'm simply stating that whenever Palmer plays over Hunt it's because we have gone there to defend

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm not slating Palmer

I'm simply stating that whenever Palmer plays over Hunt it's because we have gone there to defend

Palmer got into more attacking positions than any one of our players 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm not slating Palmer

Would you really play Hunt in a knockout game v a pressing team with pacy strikers, considering his habit of playing hospital passes inside when he gets under pressure?

12 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Palmer got into more attacking positions than any one of our players 

In the second half when we started pushing on yes

He was selected because he's a better defender than Hunt

Whenever Hunt is dropped for a player who is better defensively

It's because we've gone to defend

That's all I'm saying, if Hunt or NML is selected at right wing back, we are going to have a go

If Palmer is selected at right wing back, it's because the manager intends to play defensively

Palmer had a good game, and in the second half when we started having a go, he got forward

But he was selected because Moore wanted to sit back and soak up pressure

20 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Would you really play Hunt in a knockout game v a pressing team with pacy strikers, considering his habit of playing hospital passes inside when he gets under pressure?

If I want to win the game yes

Have a look back at our goals and see how many have come from a Hunt cross

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

In the second half when we started pushing on yes

He was selected because he's a better defender than Hunt

Whenever Hunt is dropped for a player who is better defensively

It's because we've gone to defend

That's all I'm saying, if Hunt or NML is selected at right wing back, we are going to have a go

If Palmer is selected at right wing back, it's because the manager intends to play defensively

Palmer had a good game, and in the second half when we started having a go, he got forward

But he was selected because Moore wanted to sit back and soak up pressure

He got forward all game mate 

If he would have been sat back when they scored Hutch would not have been so isolated. 

7 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If I want to win the game yes

Have a look back at our goals and see how many have come from a Hunt cross

4. In 35 games.

Now how many have we conceded due to his daft inside pass? He's had at least 2 passes to the opposition which led directly to goals, how many more have we conceded due to his passes to marked players or being out of position?

Jack's playing more as an out and out winger than a wingback and doing OK, but defensively he's a liability, he only got back in the team after being dropped as the other three were needed elsewhere.

Wednesday have been great at home this season but Neil knows how to get the job done in games like this. It will be tough. On a knife edge for me and I think just like Friday the result could come down to a mistake or go all the way to penalties. Alex Neil has made Sunderland hard to beat, they haven’t conceded many goals recently and we are going to have to be 100% on it. 

Scary stat time:

Alex Neil has not lost any of his 3 previous away playoff matches that he has managed.

He has managed draws against Ipswich and Falkirk away, and a 2-0 win against Edinburgh’s wee team at Easter Road in 2014-15. I remember the final league match for Hamilton that he managed before the playoffs too where his team scored ten (YES TEN) goals against Morton.

The good news is we could and probably should have been put to bed after the first leg and we surely can’t play any worse than we did for the first hour of Friday’s game. I expect a different performance from us and I think we will have enough to get a result. I still think overall we have better players across the park than them and hopefully that will be enough. We need to turn up and I’m confident we will.

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

Wednesday have been great at home this season but Neil knows how to get the job done in games like this. It will be tough. On a knife edge for me and I think just like Friday the result could come down to a mistake or go all the way to penalties. Alex Neil has made Sunderland hard to beat, they haven’t conceded many goals recently and we are going to have to be 100% on it. 

Scary stat time:

Alex Neil has not lost any of his 3 previous away playoff matches that he has managed.

He has managed draws against Ipswich and Falkirk away, and a 2-0 win against Edinburgh’s wee team at Easter Road in 2014-15. I remember the final league match for Hamilton that he managed before the playoffs too where his team scored ten (YES TEN) goals against Morton.

The good news is we could and probably should have been put to bed after the first leg and we surely can’t play any worse than we did for the first hour of Friday’s game. I expect a different performance from us and I think we will have enough to get a result. I still think overall we have better players across the park than them and hopefully that will be enough. We need to turn up and I’m confident we will.

Man up tha big wuss

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

I expect a different performance from us and I think we will have enough to get a result. I still think overall we have better players across the park than them and hopefully that will be enough. We need to turn up and I’m confident we will.

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Man up tha big wuss

I’m fine. I think we will win

On 06/05/2022 at 08:03, Doctor Duran said:

Morning Mate..  I'm in BUE for the final weekend, if we get there,  you know of any places that will show it..  based on Julio Avenue

for the weekend.

There's an Argentina Owls supporters club on Twitter - you should get in touch with them. I imagine there would be one or two sports bars with the means to show it if you asked in advance.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
13 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We were awful

I agree.

How are we all feeling today?  Yesterday I was narked at Friday night as I believe we needed that 2nd goal and it will come back to haunt us.....  Today a bit more positivity....  I fully and obviously expect a different "Animal" tomorrow night from you , with a full ground behind you, and early goal will really put the cat among the pigeons.  However as has been mentioned, Neil has tightened us up at the back and is really good at game management if its not working he will change it.

Still cant call it though, throw a coin for me still. Disappointed I didn't get a ticket but due to a fair loyalty point(s) scheme I cant complain.  As a side-note have you seen the sodding teams coming up.....    Exeter - Forest Green and Bristol Rovers.....   Just wow.    Ha

• Like 1