Sunderland fan in peace

Just now, MSN SYSOP said:

Get me a ticket and I'll sit with you..can't stand the dirty filthy at s2 

Ok, I will hold you to that and I would seriously more than happily sort you a ticket my friend.   IF  we go up???

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mackem1 said:

Apparently if WW sell their 19,000 they will get some more??   If not we might get some more? 

Thank you very much pal 

Hopefully you get more then as madness if you don't.

Anyway enjoy and I'm having a few football free weeks it's hard work watching league 1 every week.

2 minutes ago, Waddle93 said:

Anyway enjoy and I'm having a few football free weeks it's hard work watching league 1 every week.

Tell me about it pal, after 4 seasons I am about sick of the likes of Cheltenham / Morecambe.   At first it was great, better than Old Trafford / Anfield and their plastic day trippers, but my god I am sick of it now

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Tell me about it pal, after 4 seasons I am about sick of the likes of Cheltenham / Morecambe.   At first it was great, better than Old Trafford / Anfield and their plastic day trippers, but my god I am sick of it now

Blackpool and Fleetwood away are a right p1££ up weekend 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Blackpool and Fleetwood away are a right p1££ up weekend 😁

Blackpool away id snap your hands off for and a bit of game with added spice, Boro even though not a proper North east derby 

My god, we still need to sodding win yet.....    Ha

1 minute ago, Mackem1 said:

Blackpool away id snap your hands off for and a bit of game with added spice, Boro even though not a proper North east derby 

Enjoy your day at Wembley and I'll be watching the game on sky...Green man pub 10 minutes walk from Wembley is a great pub 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Boro still classified as North Yorkshire .fk knows why

7 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Off to bed matey...take care and enjoy your day out whatever the result is 

• Like 1

Injuries in early part of season to key players depleted our consistency and we fell away.

Our run in had us dreaming of Auto Promotion, but it was a crazy ask. 

We had a purple patch in each of our Semis but a couple of twenty minute purple patches does not equate to consistency. Over the two legs you more than edged it so well Done and hope you take the honours.

We'll have to go again next year !

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Evening All, sorry not long finished work.

Again, I genuinely do appreciate the great messages, I purposely kept off last night becuase I have respect for other fans and more so for yous and the great welcome I have received on here.  I would never want to come across as rubbing it in.

Apologies if my next bit is seen as that as believe me it is not, just sort of giving you an insight into my day.

I work with plenty of Newcastle fans and as you can expect I had that extra step in my walk today, mind I am not sure how after supping around 12 tins of Heineken last night, I felt it this morning.

My day as been filled with the usual messages from "mates" who I have never heard from in years with the usual - Can you sort me a ticket -   Hows about no.  

We have been allocated c37,000 tickets which is enough to satisfy season ticket holders and selfishly everyone in my group so thats my plan tomorrow sorting tickets, trains were sorted this morning and at around £120 not cheap but thats our own fault for not pre-booking.  Hotels were sorted a bit ago on a pre-cancellation job.

I have got to be honest and if I sound arrogant I do not mean too be.  In my opinion last night was the hardest game and whoever won I thought and still do think will win at Wembley.

I will stick around if yous want me too and keep you updated, however please do not think I am trying to rub it in your faces as that is the last thing on my mind to wind up a set of fans I have been made thoroughly  welcome from.

Very jealous of you now after reading the line about sorting Wembley tickets. Would have loved another day down there.

Thanks for being so gracious in victory. I'd say that you deserved the victory over the two legs and I genuinely hope that you go up. One because I think you're fans deserve better and two, because I think you'd be a threat next season. 

Hope you have a good day at Wembley and that you get the result. Be good if you stuck around, update us on your season etc. It's good to hear from fans of other clubs too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Waddle93 said:

Yeah same here, football can do one til August for me

7 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

I will hold you to a promise, IF  we go up and we get to play those Red and White pigs, I will come over to near Hillsborough and meet anyone who wants too for a drink before heading over there

It’s been a pleasure to hear from you Mackem and great insight into how Sunderland fans felt in the build up to the playoffs. My Nan was a Mackem (rest of my family are/was Owls) think my Grandad tried to convert her with no success. Anyway mate good luck for the final really hope you smash Wycombe and look forward to that drink down Hillsborough 

• Like 1

Thought the two teams cancelled each other by the most part. A mistake at SOL ultimately the factor. A great way for them to win and an excruciating way to lose it. But being the architects of our own downfall has been the theme of the season. 

Hope Sunderland go up as if nothing else it’s getting too congested in league one and hard to get out of

The two teams were very evenly matched but it was Neal who won the battle over Moore, that was the difference in the end for me.

The game management was spot on at Hillsborough, they made the game stop start and never allowed it to flow. 

No one likes that tactic when their team is losing, but its now part of the game unfortunately and Wednesday would have done exactly the same if roles were reversed.

I hope Sunderland see it through, great fans! 

I suppose this mackem 1 has probably gone on a Wycombe website 'in peace' and is doing the same on there, I don't like Alex Neil as a manager I think he's as bad as Ainsworth so let's see who's dark arts tactics wi s at Wembley, I certainly won't be watching, I'd sooner watch paint dry.. fizz em both.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mighty Quinn said:

I suppose this mackem 1 has probably gone on a Wycombe website 'in peace' and is doing the same on there, I don't like Alex Neil as a manager I think he's as bad as Ainsworth so let's see who's dark arts tactics wi s at Wembley, I certainly won't be watching, I'd sooner watch paint dry.. fizz em both.

No.  In reply pal.  I have not.  

Got no time for Wycombe, their club or their fans. 

I came on here because I have a strong respect for Sheffield Wednesday fans. 

I've been to Hillsborough a lot over the years.  My main trip been the 1992 Cup semi-final against Norwich.  

I have some family who are Wednesday fans.  All be it through marriage.  

I think the Wednesday fans and Sunderland fans are very similar in passion, numbers, and general life etchic as in hard working, working class people who love their football. 

I have no "tie in" to anything around Wycombe.  

I don't generally go too opposing teams message boards. 

But was just generally curious as to your fans thoughts and opinions around the build up to our game(s) 

And genuinely pleased with the welcome I received. 

• Like 7