Sunderland fan in peace

6 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

How are we all feeling today?  Yesterday I was narked at Friday night as I believe we needed that 2nd goal and it will come back to haunt us.....  Today a bit more positivity....  I fully and obviously expect a different "Animal" tomorrow night from you , with a full ground behind you, and early goal will really put the cat among the pigeons.  However as has been mentioned, Neil has tightened us up at the back and is really good at game management if its not working he will change it.

Still cant call it though, throw a coin for me still. Disappointed I didn't get a ticket but due to a fair loyalty point(s) scheme I cant complain.  As a side-note have you seen the sodding teams coming up.....    Exeter - Forest Green and Bristol Rovers.....   Just wow.    Ha

I can’t wait for tomorrow! A full football ground watching a winner takes all fixture is what life is all about! I’m fully expecting a 1-0 Wednesday win over the 90, followed by extra time and if we are lucky penalties!

It’s going to be a wild ride! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

How are we all feeling today?  Yesterday I was narked at Friday night as I believe we needed that 2nd goal and it will come back to haunt us.....  Today a bit more positivity....  I fully and obviously expect a different "Animal" tomorrow night from you , with a full ground behind you, and early goal will really put the cat among the pigeons.  However as has been mentioned, Neil has tightened us up at the back and is really good at game management if its not working he will change it.

Still cant call it though, throw a coin for me still. Disappointed I didn't get a ticket but due to a fair loyalty point(s) scheme I cant complain.  As a side-note have you seen the sodding teams coming up.....    Exeter - Forest Green and Bristol Rovers.....   Just wow.    Ha

Day out in Derby?...visit to the Alexandra hotel and the Dolphin pub.

11 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I can’t wait for tomorrow! A full football ground watching a winner takes all fixture is what life is all about! I’m fully expecting a 1-0 Wednesday win over the 90, followed by extra time and if we are lucky penalties!

It’s going to be a wild ride! 

Yeah it certainly is mate.  I fully expect yous to reciprocate our atmosphere from Friday. It will be a watch behind the hands for me watching at home

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Day out in Derby?...visit to the Alexandra hotel and the Dolphin pub.

Yeah the 3 who came down are a decent 3, good away day at Derby and both Barnsley and Peterborough are ok for away days

• Like 1

Thought we were really poor.

But they only had 4 shots on target...1 more than us. They scored from a bad mistake by Hutch.

They panicked a bit in the last 20 mins...even though we were still struggling.

Yep we were poor. A decent side would have done us 3-0.

We will do em tomoz no problem.

Good thread this, like others have said I've nowt against Sunderland. For a start, they aren't Newcastle. They've had as rough a ride as us recently and their crowds have held up like ours, so much so that either of us mentioning it is used as a stick to beat us with for some reason. Seems like we should be ashamed of ourselves rather than celebrate it. 

Fridays game was bad from us, we were a pale shadow of the team we can be. I've seen us destroy sides this season and seen us struggle, but Friday was a night of struggle. I was happy to only lose by 1 and said so at half time, I'd have taken that result after the 1st half. That said, Hutch puts it beyond row Z and we've had a reight result. 

Looking forward to Monday and dreading it too, same as all of us I reckon. We know we are capable of winning, which worries Wednesday fans, and we know we could easily be just as bad as we were Friday. 2 poor performances in a row has been a rarity thus season though so I'm hanging on to that. 

Whatever the result, I hope the winner of this tie wins at Wembley and the other goes up next season tbh. I'd happily let you guys go up as champions next season as long as we go up this year 😂 I'm sure the feeling is mutual. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Good thread this, like others have said I've nowt against Sunderland. For a start, they aren't Newcastle. They've had as rough a ride as us recently and their crowds have held up like ours, so much so that either of us mentioning it is used as a stick to beat us with for some reason. Seems like we should be ashamed of ourselves rather than celebrate it. 

Fridays game was bad from us, we were a pale shadow of the team we can be. I've seen us destroy sides this season and seen us struggle, but Friday was a night of struggle. I was happy to only lose by 1 and said so at half time, I'd have taken that result after the 1st half. That said, Hutch puts it beyond row Z and we've had a reight result. 

Looking forward to Monday and dreading it too, same as all of us I reckon. We know we are capable of winning, which worries Wednesday fans, and we know we could easily be just as bad as we were Friday. 2 poor performances in a row has been a rarity thus season though so I'm hanging on to that. 

Whatever the result, I hope the winner of this tie wins at Wembley and the other goes up next season tbh. I'd happily let you guys go up as champions next season as long as we go up this year 😂 I'm sure the feeling is mutual. 

Cheers mate.  As someone said early doors, if, you beat us I will have my mope around and certainly be back to wish you all the best for the final and if welcome might actually stick around as your resident Mackem.....     Ha. 

Friday night, Im sure I can speak for a lot of Sunderland fans...  On the whole narked at not getting 2/3??  It was our home game and our chance to put a stake in the sand and we didnt. 😞 I fully expect a totally different Sheff Wed team, We need that stereotypical keep you quiet for 20mins and go from there.  An early goal for yous and its game on (Sorry for stating the obvious...... ) However I keep thinking back to Alex Neil is a master tactician and is not afraid to fix what is not working, we also love counter-attacking football so that plays into our hands.  Me personally though, I think we have blown the chance we had.....

• Like 4

It's less the Sunderland team that concerns me. They've got some good players, but I feel like we are a little bit stronger.

It's more their manager who worries me tbh. Decent manager, lots of experience and happy to deploy a bit of shithousing to get the result.

Are we streetwise enough to counter that? 

Not sure we are.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Cheers mate.  As someone said early doors, if, you beat us I will have my mope around and certainly be back to wish you all the best for the final and if welcome might actually stick around as your resident Mackem.....     Ha. 

Friday night, Im sure I can speak for a lot of Sunderland fans...  On the whole narked at not getting 2/3??  It was our home game and our chance to put a stake in the sand and we didnt. 😞 I fully expect a totally different Sheff Wed team, We need that stereotypical keep you quiet for 20mins and go from there.  An early goal for yous and its game on (Sorry for stating the obvious...... ) However I keep thinking back to Alex Neil is a master tactician and is not afraid to fix what is not working, we also love counter-attacking football so that plays into our hands.  Me personally though, I think we have blown the chance we had.....

The first 20 minutes or so are key in my eyes. As fans we have to provide some noise and backing and the players need to respond. Sounded like the atmosphere was great up at your place and we need to match that. I've got no idea if I'm confident, terrified or just a bit hungry, my stomach is in knots already so god knows what I'll be like in 24hrs.

As for sticking around, there's a non swfc football section that is a bit quieter than this match day section, but has some decent threads on it. Always good to just talk footy without allegiances clouding stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Made subs too late, took their best players off...then we got on top.

Ok at this level...no genius

You're right mate no genius or he wouldn't be at this level, to be fair he is usually very proactive with changing things etc.  

Still do think you will have too much for us and the 1-0 slim advantage will be blown away 

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

The first 20 minutes or so are key in my eyes. As fans we have to provide some noise and backing and the players need to respond. Sounded like the atmosphere was great up at your place and we need to match that. I've got no idea if I'm confident, terrified or just a bit hungry, my stomach is in knots already so god knows what I'll be like in 24hrs.

As for sticking around, there's a non swfc football section that is a bit quieter than this match day section, but has some decent threads on it. Always good to just talk footy without allegiances clouding stuff. 

Thanks mate.

First 20mins are huge, I agree.  Yeah even though I am biased I thought the atmosphere was up there with the best for a very long time! And your support added too that.  Its now your turn pal so to speak. 

Oh Friday night I was as "Chewed" up as I have been for a very long time, stomach in knots and everything which gores with that, didn't know if I wanted to be sick or what.   Ha Ha. 

I'm not as bad at the minute becuase I do currently have the mindset we have ballsed things up...  1-0 is not enough.

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's less the Sunderland team that concerns me. They've got some good players, but I feel like we are a little bit stronger.

It's more their manager who worries me tbh. Decent manager, lots of experience and happy to deploy a bit of shithousing to get the result.

Are we streetwise enough to counter that? 

Not sure we are.

Same here. I think on paper we win. But will we actually do it on the pitch?

Basically the biggest concern I have is whether we can handle the pressure, and whether we are intelligent enough.

100% expecting time wasting from the start. Going down if we so much as breath on them, and plenty of rolling around.

Going down holding their head if we are building sustained pressure as a virtual timeout to take the sting out.

Also expect a few hard challenges, like the one on Bannan by the touchline.

Can we stay disciplined and keep at it?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nebneeb said:

Same here. I think on paper we win. But will we actually do it on the pitch?

Basically the biggest concern I have is whether we can handle the pressure, and whether we are intelligent enough.

100% expecting time wasting from the start. Going down if we so much as breath on them, and plenty of rolling around.

Going down holding their head if we are building sustained pressure as a virtual timeout to take the sting out.

Also expect a few hard challenges, like the one on Bannan by the touchline.

Can we stay disciplined and keep at it?

I think pal that goes back to game management?? You do what you need too do... As poo as that is to watch. I do trust Alex Neil to set us up "properly" but its with-standing that first 20mins and going from there, from our point of view 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mackem1 said:

I think pal that goes back to game management?? You do what you need too do... As poo as that is to watch. I do trust Alex Neil to set us up "properly" but its with-standing that first 20mins and going from there, from our point of view 

Of course. I've seen Alex Neil's Preston shïthouse to perfection. If you do that and get through then fair enough. Nobody will remember the style of play, it's the result that matters.

Personally it's not what fans want to see, and I'd like to see referees not falling for it. But we know they let it happen, which is why teams do it.

On the other hand, setting up to do it for 90 minutes is pretty negative, and a bit of a dangerous game to play if we did get 1 back?

1 minute ago, nebneeb said:

Of course. I've seen Alex Neil's Preston shïthouse to perfection. If you do that and get through then fair enough. Nobody will remember the style of play, it's the result that matters.

Personally it's not what fans want to see, and I'd like to see referees not falling for it. But we know they let it happen, which is why teams do it.

On the other hand, setting up to do it for 90 minutes is pretty negative, and a bit of a dangerous game to play if we did get 1 back?

Agree completely mate.   And It is certainly not what I want to see either.

I think you will score, I dunno at what time in the course of the game but you will score

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

This is our weakness in my opinion

Moore has done a great job of winning a few of us doubters around 

But he’s not a great tactician and many league1 managers will win in a battle of tactics and shithousery 

I hope we’ve got enough talent in our squad to turn this around in spite of our lack of managerial nounce 

• Like 1

We will batter Sunderland at home or will hide in our shells and get battered, it will be one or the other, no in-between performance from Wednesday, you never know which Wednesday will turn up, the team is Jeykyll and Hyde

• Like 5

So with Wycombe v Mk and thoughts on who the winners of our game wanna play??  I would like Wycombe IF we get through as they cant handle a Wembley pitch against either of us 2

• Like 1