Sunderland fan in peace

17 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

So with Wycombe v Mk and thoughts on who the winners of our game wanna play??  I would like Wycombe IF we get through as they cant handle a Wembley pitch against either of us 2

There seems to be a school of thought on here that Wembley is the same size as wycombes pitch. When I googled it it looks like Wembley is bigger but some reckon that's down to measuring one in metres and the other on yards. I can't be bothered to properly investigate it 😂 

12 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

There seems to be a school of thought on here that Wembley is the same size as wycombes pitch. When I googled it it looks like Wembley is bigger but some reckon that's down to measuring one in metres and the other on yards. I can't be bothered to properly investigate it 😂 

Phook the size of the pitch

imagine Wycombe fans turning up at Wembley and having to compete against Wednesday or Sunderland fans

I know it didn’t work against Hull but Wycombe would bring even less so hopefully us or the Black Cats would be allowed to take 50K and blow these tinpot clubs away 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

You're right mate no genius or he wouldn't be at this level, to be fair he is usually very proactive with changing things etc.  

Still do think you will have too much for us and the 1-0 slim advantage will be blown away 

I would think so yes. But you never know. MK battered Wycombe but just couldn't get more than 1.

The manager thing; not saying ours is a genius either. But quite a few seem to think Neil has the advantage.

I don't think he is any better than Moore at all.

Suppose we'll see tomorrow how he sets up and tries to stop us.

I'm very confident we'll score at least 1, that might not be enough..pens are not our strong point

3 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

https://sqaf.club/wembley-pitch-size-grass-artificial/

https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/adams-park-wycombe-wanderers.html

20 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

How are we all feeling today?  Yesterday I was narked at Friday night as I believe we needed that 2nd goal and it will come back to haunt us.....  Today a bit more positivity....  I fully and obviously expect a different "Animal" tomorrow night from you , with a full ground behind you, and early goal will really put the cat among the pigeons.  However as has been mentioned, Neil has tightened us up at the back and is really good at game management if its not working he will change it.

Still cant call it though, throw a coin for me still. Disappointed I didn't get a ticket but due to a fair loyalty point(s) scheme I cant complain.  As a side-note have you seen the sodding teams coming up.....    Exeter - Forest Green and Bristol Rovers.....   Just wow.    Ha

This story is a bit unrelated

I've been a season ticket holder since the mid 80's, my son has had a S/T since he was 5, he's 25 now. I'm retired now, but when I was working I only got 12 weekends off in a year, I could get to home games on mornings and night shifts, I would use a holiday if I was on afternoons. Anyway, I had started taking my son to the odd away game it was just one a season but he wanted more. So I told him next season we will go to any away game on my weekend off. When the fixtures came out I couldn't believe it, there was 4 away games we could go to, Plymouth, Yeovil, Swindon and Bournemouth. I kept my promise to him and took him to all 4, but they were very long days, Yeovil was an absolute nightmare, we were still in the car park an hour after the game.

I've said it before and I mean it, I hope the winner of our tie goes on and wins the final, and the loser smashes league 1 next season.

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

17 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Made subs too late, took their best players off...then we got on top.

Ok at this level...no genius

Totally agree. The fact that he was so cautious at home should tell us exactly what tonight will be like from him. The Sunderland fans would have slaughtered him if we’d managed to equalise in that last 20 minutes on Friday. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Totally agree. The fact that he was so cautious at home should tell us exactly what tonight will be like from him. The Sunderland fans would have slaughtered him if we’d managed to equalise in that last 20 minutes on Friday. 

Per could still be playing now and we wouldn’t of scored 

that said we really do struggle to create when teams sit in, I think it’s going to be a long frustrating night 

Sunderland are ok. I prefer Newcastle as I can’t get on with red and white stripes, but nonetheless you can’t fault the Mackems passion for their club.

I knew a group of their fans who travelled up from Gainsborough for every home game and they loved the club. I once went with them to a cup tie at Bramall Lane and stood in the away end. Unfortunately the pigs won that night but the Sunderland fans around me were nothing short of great. 

Proper club who should be operating at a higher level.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I’ve enjoyed this thread immensely & as a guest, Mackem1 is welcome anytime, but I sincerely hope you have your arses handed to you on a plate tonight. 😉

UTO. 

I really don't know what to think.  

I do trust Alex Neil's game management  / shithousery or however else you want to dress it up as someone did mention its not really something as fans you want to see.  But.  You do what's needed. 

I'm still slightly of the opinion that our missed chances will come back to haunt us 🙃 

2 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

I do trust Alex Neil's game management  / shithousery or however else you want to dress it up as someone did mention its not really something as fans you want to see.  But.  You do what's needed. 

I'm still slightly of the opinion that our missed chances will come back to haunt us 🙃 

If we go 2 up tonight I’ll accept all our players standing on our own goal line for 70min feigning head injuries

if you lot do it I’ll be livid

lol

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Cheers mate.  As someone said early doors, if, you beat us I will have my mope around and certainly be back to wish you all the best for the final and if welcome might actually stick around as your resident Mackem.....     Ha. 

Please do Mackem, we have quite a number of opposing fans who chat on here and it's been heart warming reading this thread.

Best of luck to Sunderland, if not tonight then for next season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

The Alex Neil shithousery thing is a myth imho, it stems from his time at Preston, he played the hand he was dealt and did what he had to do due to limited resources, it's the sign of a good manager for me........not dissimilar to what Gareth Ainsworth is having to do at Wycombe.

23 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

'm still slightly of the opinion that our missed chances will come back to haunt us 🙃 

Lets hope so - oh god i do hope so. But if not good luck against Wycletico - we need proper clubs and fans like SAFC.

• Thanks 1

Well.  

Ladies and Gents. 

Boys and girls. 

I've just finished work for the day.  Time to get some supplies and find a settee to hide behind 🙈🙈 

My main 2 thoughts are. 

Our missed chances will come back to haunt us.   But. 

You "having a go at us" will suit us. 

Those first 20mins are huge.  You score early and the roof will come off an already passionate ground. 

If.  You do beat us.  I can genuinely say you will have my best wishes for thr final. 

And I will be back on in a day or 2.  

Whether that be me moping around or I'll give yous some space. 

I hope for those who are going you enjoy your pints.  But my best wishes cease at 7-45pm. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Well.  

Ladies and Gents. 

Boys and girls. 

I've just finished work for the day.  Time to get some supplies and find a settee to hide behind 🙈🙈 

My main 2 thoughts are. 

Those first 20mins are huge.  You score early and the roof will come off an already passionate ground. 

If.  You do beat us.  I can genuinely say you will have my best wishes for thr final. 

I hope for those who are going you enjoy your pints.  But my best wishes cease at 7-45pm. 

Nice one mate, I spent last Friday behind the settee and the only good thing about that experience is I found 50p. All the best Mackem and can I just add with no offence I hope the best you get tonight is you find your own ten bob.

16 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Well.  

Ladies and Gents. 

Boys and girls. 

My main 2 thoughts are. 

first goal key with mates close as millers anyone but the lead singer of the darkness 😂

11 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Good luck in the final pal.

I think there was nothing between us over the 180. You were better for 65 minutes at yours, and we were better for 65 at ours, but we made one horrific mistake and you didn’t.

Your players seem to have a terrific work ethic and Neil seems a really sound manager. 

Ive nothing against Wycombe but your fans deserve to go up.

Best of luck.

• Like 5