Sunderland fan in peace

9 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Well.  

Ladies and Gents. 

Boys and girls. 

I've just finished work for the day.  Time to get some supplies and find a settee to hide behind 🙈🙈 

My main 2 thoughts are. 

Our missed chances will come back to haunt us.   But. 

You "having a go at us" will suit us. 

Those first 20mins are huge.  You score early and the roof will come off an already passionate ground. 

If.  You do beat us.  I can genuinely say you will have my best wishes for thr final. 

And I will be back on in a day or 2.  

Whether that be me moping around or I'll give yous some space. 

I hope for those who are going you enjoy your pints.  But my best wishes cease at 7-45pm. 

Best team won, it was disappointing because we can play much better

But I think your manager got his tactics spot on, I don't think we turned up over the two games

I hope you win at Wembley

Don't be a stranger, we're a friendly lot

• Like 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Sunderland will struggle against Wycombe,  completely different test

Wycombe will play with no pressure,  there a very very awkward team to play against , dispatching MK Dons who I think were a better side than any of us in the play offs , was no fluke 

Edited by Royal_D

Just now, smhouston said:

Not understanding the love in here. They were better first leg, but 2nd? No chance.

Absolute sh*thousery tactics with the time wasting from the first minute be it throw ins / goal kicks / feigning injuries, blatant dives and attempts to get our players booked / sent off, and no real attempt to play. Shake the referee didn't bother doing anything about it

They did what they set out to do which was to draw so fair play. I won't be loving them for it though

Unfortunately, I think that they were better tonight too. It was a game low on quality but they looked so comfortable throughout and I was surprised when we scored. Their defence looked comfortable all night and their keeper had sod all to do over two legs.

I think that the decent comments are because the sunderland fan came on here and seemed to be a decent fan who just wanted to talk football and not looking for an argument. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, smhouston said:

Not understanding the love in here. They were better first leg, but 2nd? No chance.

Absolute sh*thousery tactics with the time wasting from the first minute be it throw ins / goal kicks / feigning injuries, blatant dives and attempts to get our players booked / sent off, and no real attempt to play. Shake the referee didn't bother doing anything about it

They did what they set out to do which was to draw so fair play. I won't be loving them for it though

Because they are a decent club, no love in, more respect.

They did a job and got the reward. 

Wasn't our year and shot ourselves in the foot on many occasions during the season.

Hopefully we can go one better next year.

• Like 4

If the managers tactics and plan was time waste, con the ref etc he was spot on.

Terrible anti-football.

What a final it will be Sunderland v Wycombe,  dear o dear.

There will be 20 minutes added time each half.

Terrible manager. Awful spectacle.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, markg said:

Unfortunately, I think that they were better tonight too. It was a game low on quality but they looked so comfortable throughout and I was surprised when we scored. Their defence looked comfortable all night and their keeper had sod all to do over two legs.

I think that the decent comments are because the sunderland fan came on here and seemed to be a decent fan who just wanted to talk football and not looking for an argument. 

Sounds about right to me.

Good luck to Sunderland , a proper club

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaddySAFC said:

Seen a variety of messages on here. 

For what it’s worth, I was dreading coming here. I was here for the 3-0 earlier in the season, and for what I can remember your atmosphere was better that night than it was tonight. 

After what we put on on Friday, I thought it would’ve been a cauldron. It was loud at the start, but after we slowed the game down it was slightly subdued. 

When you scored I thought that was it, the noise was amazing and I thought you’d have gone on to win in normal time. 

That’s the difference between us now and us under Lee Johnson. We’re slightly more conservative but also very hard to break down. 

There’s some comments comparing us to Wycombe. I understand you’re pissed off and I would be too (I’ve been through what you’re going through for 4 years now), but we aren’t like them. They play anti football. Some of the runs from Clarke and Roberts are things they’ll never see at their place. Even Real Madrid did their best shithousing impression against City last week. 

Good luck next season. The majority of Wednesday fans I spoke to this season are proper football fans. I hope to see you in the Championship the season after. 

All the best. 

Hope you do Wycombe in the final.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, PaddySAFC said:

For what it’s worth, I was dreading coming here. I was here for the 3-0 earlier in the season, and for what I can remember your atmosphere was better that night than it was tonight. 

After what we put on on Friday, I thought it would’ve been a cauldron. It was loud at the start, but after we slowed the game down it was slightly subdued. 

When you scored I thought that was it, the noise was amazing and I thought you’d have gone on to win in normal time. 

That’s the difference between us now and us under Lee Johnson. We’re slightly more conservative but also very hard to break down. 

There’s some comments comparing us to Wycombe. I understand you’re pissed off and I would be too (I’ve been through what you’re going through for 4 years now), but we aren’t like them. They play anti football. Some of the runs from Clarke and Roberts are things they’ll never see at their place. Even Real Madrid did their best shithousing impression against City last week. 

Good luck next season. The majority of Wednesday fans I spoke to this season are proper football fans. I hope to see you in the Championship the season after. 

All the best. 

Fair summary.

good luck in the final 

• Like 3

All the best. 

Good luck at Wembley.

All the best.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, markg said:

Frustrating because I thought their keeper looked a real weak-link. Looked nervy throughout both legs. Sadly we barely tested him.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Frustrating because I thought their keeper looked a real weak-link. Looked nervy throughout both legs. Sadly we barely tested him.

Yep, I thought he did too.

in the end, I could have played in goal 

Guest Mcguigan

All the best. 

You might still see us in Lg 1 next season yet.

8 hours ago, smhouston said:

I've said already I hope they go on to win the final. That said, only SM above has mentioned the tactics used, yet for balance we hate Wymcombe for doing very similar. Nearly 33000 in there tonight and I seem to recall virtually everyone apart from the Sunderland fans having a pop at the refs handling of the game at the time yet little mention on here!!

Alex Neil is known for it, remember the visits of Preston? exactly the same tactics, players rolling around, poor play time wasting, yet the ref allowed it to go on all night. Shame really as Sunderland are good enough without all that crap.

Did what they had to do? without doubt yes, and as I said I hope they go on to go up, but it isn't nice to watch at times. We couldn't cope & sadly not for the 1st time this season ZERO PLAN B.

• Thanks 1

Before the match people were saying if Sunderland beat us they hope Sunderland smash Wycombe in the final because of their tactics and I did to. 
after last nights performance from Sunderland, timewasting, feigning injury, diving, trying to get our players booked or sent off etc I’m not even bothered about who wins the final now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Neil went on about coming to win and being better but went a bit Ainsworth.

I think Sunderland and Wednesday largely cancelled each other out resulting in the frustrating game from our POV. We didn’t do enough at SOL but a mistake and sloppy last minute tracking cost us for the final time. Sunderland that bit more switched on but both really lacked that quality delivery. 2 good balls in from Wednesday and 1 goal a goal from the only one I can remember from them. Clarke was very good.

Need Sunderland up, we just get in each other’s way but it’s difficult to like AN and one or two in that team. Or Wycombes!

I still hope Sunderland beat Wycombe because they, like us don’t belong in L1 and Wycombe certainly do (or lower). 

However, I do wonder how long Sunderland supporters will tolerate the 'style’ of football provided by Neil now that they’ve achieved the difficult task of getting out of L1. Wouldn’t surprise me if he doesn’t last long there. 

• Like 1

The ball will only be in play for about 7 minutes in the final if both teams play like they have in the semi finals. Yet it’s worked, clearly - refs let them do it so why not they’ll say. 

Still hope Sunderland absolutely do them over though. And I think they will comfortably; they can match Wycombe at their game but still have pockets of quality out wide.