Bannan Injury

4 minutes ago, Horatio Hornblower said:

The play off spot was secured at the 60 minute mark.Was expecting to see Bannan and Gregory substituted to conserve energy and protect them from injuries but for some reason Moore kept them on until Bannan was subbed with 8 minutes to go. It’s these decisions and lack of foresight that I think DM really struggles with. Incredibly frustrating if Bannan did pick up an injury in the last few minutes. 

Scott Twine is L1 player of the year and was still on the pitch when MK Dons were 5-0 up. Is their manager lacking foresight as well? Or is it just bad luck?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Horatio Hornblower said:

The play off spot was secured at the 60 minute mark.Was expecting to see Bannan and Gregory substituted to conserve energy and protect them from injuries but for some reason Moore kept them on until Bannan was subbed with 8 minutes to go. It’s these decisions and lack of foresight that I think DM really struggles with. Incredibly frustrating if Bannan did pick up an injury in the last few minutes. 

Moores fault my arris what utter nonsense 

• Like 4

He didn't play when we played Wigan away and won 

And that was arguably our best away performance of the season

And theyve just won the league 

I have confidence our players can get a result with or without him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Its amazing people are ignoring how Bannans lung busting run was unnesecary and blame Moore.

I imagine Moore didnt factor Bannan doing that.

People have to blame someone for every eventuality. Sometimes freak things occur. Bazza has been injury free pretty much his entire time at S6, it’s not like he needs wrapping in cotton wool. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Scott Twine is L1 player of the year and was still on the pitch when MK Dons were 5-0 up. Is their manager lacking foresight as well? Or is it just bad luck?

Keeping your key players on the pitch when the game is done and dusted, knowing that the play off matches are only days away, in my opinion is risky and reckless. Maybe you’d manage the team differently in that scenario but for me, I’d have taken Bannan and Gregory off on 60 minutes. 

• Like 5

Just now, Utah Owl said:

Suspect it was just cramp, he'll be reyt!

Worra bunch o' moanin' minnies we all are on here today!

It’s not moaning, it’s driven by concern that our best midfielder may have picked up an injury that keeps him out of the play off games, or if he does play could mean he’s not fully fit, at a time when the game was won and the play off spot secured. No problem at all if it was 2-1 and we needed to hang on for the win, but not in the scenario that unfolded today. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1