Gregory's strike partner

I feel a bit sorry for Kamberi. He linked up well with Gregory earlier in the season but he’s struggled a bit particularly in front of goal as the season’s gone on. I don’t expect him to be here next season

but he may yet play his part in our push for promotion before he leaves?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MallorcaOwl said:

If Windass isn't fit enough to start I would go with Paterson. He makes some good runs that often go unnoticed, he is strong, has scored 6 goals and 3 assists. puts himself about. He would take players away from Gregory, creating spaces. He is a lot better than we give him credit for.

This. Sadly some people do not see this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willie Henderson said:

Paterson is a good player to have in the middle, generally making a nuisance of himself.

Berahino is brilliant on his day, just don't know which day.

Kamberi's movement and first touch is great, then he goes all 'cat on a hot tin roof' and usually messes it up.

Windass seemed very much off the pace on Tuesday, I think it's too soon, maybe second half only, get him ready for the playoffs, fingers crossed.

NML, not a striker.

If we can't have two Gregorys, which apparently we can't, then I'd go for Berahino - but 45 minutes max if he's left his shooting boots at home, then bring on Windass.

Kamberi’s first touch is usually appalling. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Gregory has proved a vital signing and we wouldn't be near the playoffs without him.

But we've never managed to find a reliable partner for him. Kamberi looked decent at first, then later Berahino had a spell but now fizzled out.

For me Pats just ain't good enough, he showed on Tuesday that he isn't a striker- he was astoundingly anonymous despite all the play we had.

Windass came on the last part of the game and looked ok- should be the answer but can he start on Saturday? If not, probably go with Saido and hope he has a day he's firing?

Kamberi looked decent……ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !! Absolutely god awful player!

Berahino is the best option to partner Gregory. He needs the proper supply to be effective. Give him the ball to feet when he's in or around the penalty spot and he will score goals.

He's good at turning and shooting, he can hold defenders off, it's just that the service hasn't been there.

28 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Windass looked terrible on Tuesday. Nowhere near ready.

I wouldn't say he was terrible at all. Obviously he was a little rusty after months out but he needs game time now to get up to speed.

When he is fully fit, he is without doubt ahead of Kamberi, Berahino, Paterson, NML and Sow to partner Gregory.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw
  • Like 1

Patterson brings the whole teams performance down to a level of football that I just don't enjoy. Stop start, nit picking, silly fouls and shouts at the ref for free kicks.

When we have a full house tomorrow, that's not the football I want to see us play.

Start with berahino, he will thrive in front of a big crowd, then Chuck windass on if we are winning to keep their backline stretched.

Agree with most on here. Start with Gregory and Berahino. Have Paterson and Windass on the bench if things need to change/Berahino is having an off-day. Unlike many on here, I actually like having Paterson available, think he gives us a different option with a bit more bite.

• Like 1