Its why some still have doubts about Moore

5 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Best squad in the league but we’ve only got one player in the league 1 team of the season?

Would any team in the top 8 in league 1 swap their strikers for ours?

That’s what I’ve been constantly saying but the OT masses have spoken and they want say it’s the best squad in the League. Moore hasn’t utilised it well enough and they want him Out. Whatever happens from here on in, he’s always going to be on a hiding to nothing from parts of the fan base. I rate him. Unfortunately many don’t and this will ultimately count against him with regards to doing well here.

6 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Correct all teams have injuries through the season it’s how you deal with them

How many of our promotion rivals suffered injuries which deprived them of their best attacker for all but a handful of games, and their best (only) defensive midfielder and three or four of their senior centre-backs for a large chunk of the season, though?

We never saw Windass return on a consistent basis of course, but since we recruited some centre backs to help alleviate our defensive crisis in the January window, we've done pretty well, overall:

Screenshot_2022-04-25-05-55-25-87_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.7a452e3011fd6f9b471ae8d83f140c3b.jpg

Would we want to ditch the obvious progress that's been made since we stopped having to make do and mend at the back, or does our form since then suggest a manager who's getting a tune out of a strong (almost fully-fit) squad?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

7th is simply not good enough with this squad and budget.

Really, really, really wish the moderators would veto this clichéd, indoctrinated clap-trap. So boring having this rolled out as a stick to beat the manager and the club with. 
Not one purveyor of this propaganda poop can provide proof of our wage bill in comparison to others or critique our squad against other promotion candidates. 
We don’t have a single player in the top of the scorers or defenders charts. Bannan features for goals and assists but is by no means stand-out. None of us has a clue what other teams pay their players. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Darren Moore's task must have been automatic if you listened to the spiel from him and the players at the start of the season... 

That target wasn't achieved so now it's onto trying to achieve promotion via the play offs which we currently sit outside of... 

Huge next 2 games coming up 

Time to deliver Mr Moore.....

• Like 2
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Really, really, really wish the moderators would veto this clichéd, indoctrinated clap-trap. So boring having this rolled out as a stick to beat the manager and the club with. 
Not one purveyor of this propaganda poop can provide proof of our wage bill in comparison to others or critique our squad against other promotion candidates. 
We don’t have a single player in the top of the scorers or defenders charts. Bannan features for goals and assists but is by no means stand-out. None of us has a clue what other teams pay their players. 

Only if they veto the "crocks and freebies" rubbish and the "We're the only ones with injuries"

Look at our bench v Wycombe and tell me we don't have a good squad.

Screenshot_20220425-073106_Brave.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

So scroll past it............who makes you read such posts?? Wages are documented in our accounts(when published) though not individual player salarys,ditto all teams so the information is there,for those who care(i dont) to look for it....Critique of our squad is subjective,and amounts to opinion,but whats NOT subjective is we have Championship, & ex Championship players in our Squad/team + loan players from PL. We havnt either been languishing in L1 for Years & hindered by the L1 salary cap  & were able to offer Championship level wages to Players we retained.

Now charts are fine,but what they dont show is CONTEXT & RELEVENCE.......

Said 'charts' may have looked very different under different management,who may have had a different outlook on game management,team selection, etc etc....

eg: Player scores a hat trick? gets dropped next match....Player gets MoM and applauded by his team mates = dropped the next match...

Basically some people are posting a view YOU dont like,or agree with.....ITS A FORUM.....get over it 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Only if they veto the "crocks and freebies" rubbish and the "We're the only ones with injuries"

We do have a good squad.

Since we added Storey and Dean, thus giving us more than one fit senior centre back to select, we've topped the form table.

The injury crisis earlier in the season was catastrophic.

• Like 1

Not having this blaming Moore stuff. 
perfectly good goal chalked off by an incompetent ref,  a clear handball in there box not given. Pattersons free header at the back post. Also a few half chances. No way is the result Moore fault. 

only opportunity they had was the one they scored,  Moore can’t put the ball in the net for us and he certainly can’t do anything about having a referee who can’t do his job properly. 

• Like 2

I’m a Moore fan , I think he’s done a decent job this season given what we started out with. I don’t buy this best squad in the league business . The central defence is injury prone and we don’t have a 20 goal a season striker to win games out of nothing. The football we’ve played in 2022 has been good to watch , more so at home than away, the loan signings certainly helped being more consistent . The players seem to like him and buy into what he wants  . All that been said if we got to play off final I’m not sure Moore would pick the correct team , it’s a definite weakness of his over thinking or playing players out of position for whatever reason .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We do have a good squad.

Since we added Storey and Dean, thus giving us more than one fit senior centre back to select, we've topped the form table.

On a totally different note, at the risk of taking this debate off at a tangent.

My understanding was that Carlos was responsible for all injuries at S6!!!

He must be sneaking into training sessions and crippling all the infirm!!  

Surely these same crippling injuries cannot be laid at the door of the reincarnation of Christ, aka DM. Or is the criteria for apportioning blame for injuries somewhat selective??

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

On a totally different note, at the risk of taking this debate off at a tangent.

My understanding was that Carlos was responsible for all injuries at S6!!!

He must be sneaking into training sessions and crippling all the infirm!!  

Surely these same crippling injuries cannot be laid at the door of the reincarnation of Christ, aka DM. Or is the criteria for apportioning blame for injuries somewhat selective??

Or more that because of the situation Chansiri and Carlos had left us in, we had to sign players who were unfit, injured or that other clubs wouldn't risk signing

Dunkley for instance was signed when he had his leg broken in two places

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Bathgate1702 said:

Not having this blaming Moore stuff. 
perfectly good goal chalked off by an incompetent ref,  a clear handball in there box not given. Pattersons free header at the back post. Also a few half chances. No way is the result Moore fault. 

only opportunity they had was the one they scored,  Moore can’t put the ball in the net for us and he certainly can’t do anything about having a referee who can’t do his job properly. 

Wonder if “the referee not doing his job properly”  & disallowing a goal would have upset Sunderland on Saturday.

We are always scratting about, chasing or defending the odd one goal. Panicking against Crewe at the end and ‘chasing’ (using the term very loosely) a one goal deficit on Saturday. 

• Like 2

Just looked at our away record this season, 7 wins out of 22 away from home in this league just isn't good enough at all. Really hope if we finish in the playoffs we finish 3rd or 4th and play at Hillsborough second, would hate us going away in the second leg with a 1 goal lead or a draw, knowing how bang average our away record has been. Winning around 30% of our away games is rubbish,  Wigan have got 45 away points, MK 42 and Rotherham 38. Our 29 points isn't good enough for a squad like this, worries me with the away leg of the play offs if it's the second game

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

Only Render and Dean on that list hasn’t received abuse on here from the same people who claim it’s the best squad. How many of them would say Wigan swop

49 minutes ago, parajack said:

So scroll past it............who makes you read such posts?? Wages are documented in our accounts(when published) though not individual player salarys,ditto all teams so the information is there,for those who care(i dont) to look for it....Critique of our squad is subjective,and amounts to opinion,but whats NOT subjective is we have Championship, & ex Championship players in our Squad/team + loan players from PL. We havnt either been languishing in L1 for Years & hindered by the L1 salary cap  & were able to offer Championship level wages to Players we retained.

Now charts are fine,but what they dont show is CONTEXT & RELEVENCE.......

Said 'charts' may have looked very different under different management,who may have had a different outlook on game management,team selection, etc etc....

eg: Player scores a hat trick? gets dropped next match....Player gets MoM and applauded by his team mates = dropped the next match...

Basically some people are posting a view YOU dont like,or agree with.....ITS A FORUM.....get over it 

The player who scored a hat trick started the next match 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or more that because of the situation Chansiri and Carlos had left us in, we had to sign players who were unfit, injured or that other clubs wouldn't risk signing

Dunkley for instance was signed when he had his leg broken in two places

Ha Ha!!!

What ever angle of conversation takes place, the fault is always with Carlos & Chansiri!!!!

No matter how many managers came & went in between.

No matter how many years have elapsed.

No matter that DC gave Moore pretty much a free reign to sign who he wanted.

Moore was forced to sign crocks because of Carlos & Chansiri.

My only slight surprise is that you don’t claim it’s down to Brexit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Ha Ha!!!

What ever angle of conversation takes place, the fault is always with Carlos & Chansiri!!!!

No matter how many managers came & went in between.

No matter how many years have elapsed.

No matter that DC gave Moore pretty much a free reign to sign who he wanted.

Moore was forced to sign crocks because of Carlos & Chansiri.

My only slight surprise is that you don’t claim it’s down to Brexit.

But let's be honest - the point you made didn't have any context

Carlos has zillions of SWFC pounds to blow on players, brought them in, created an atmosphere of absolute holiday camp in training and rushed players back

Darren Moore has had to put together a side of unwanted players who were unfit, injury prone or even with broken legs and has had to try and get us through the season by squad rotation to save more players going down that route.

It's all about context

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

Only Render and Dean on that list hasn’t received abuse on here from the same people who claim it’s the best squad. How many of them would say Wigan swop

The player who scored a hat trick started the next match 

I don’t recollect that tbh but if so I retract the statement but not the principle of the point I made chopping and changing ie playing NML etc Rather than players who have shown they have the ability to score 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We do have a good squad.

Trying to build a 4231 around an old and slow striker who has no movement or stamina was catastrophic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

I don’t recollect that tbh but if so I retract the statement but not the principle of the point I made chopping and changing ie playing NML etc Rather than players who have shown they have the ability to score 

Agree mate, I like Moore but some of his changes can be baffling 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Darren Moore has had to put together a side of unwanted players who were unfit, injury prone or even with broken legs and has had to try and get us through the season by squad rotation to save more players going down that route.

It's all about context

He's the manager, that's what he's supposed to do.

We're in league one. All of the teams are full of unwanted, injury prone players, that's why they're down here.

Fitness is all down to DM.

Screenshot_20220425-091629_Brave.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1