Its why some still have doubts about Moore

Just now, upperwinngardensowl said:

Those facts lose a bit of credibility when it says that league one is the second division of mens football in England. 

FYI, It's discounting the Premier League as that is a separate entity. This is for the EFL, not the EPL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

No one is getting emotional about it. It's just that it's being presented as indisputable fact, when in actual fact it's based on nothing more than guesswork, assumptions and unsubstantiated gossip.

I don’t think it’s being presented that way at all.  

The exact same could be said of fans who don’t think it’s true, it’s just guesswork, assumptions and unsubstantiated gossip for them as well. 

Just seems to me personally that it’s very likely to be true and don’t really understand those who get too emotional about the matter. 

Losing 1-0 to Wycombe won’t see us miss out on the play offs.

It’s the stupid mistakes, last minute goals conceded, inability to defend set pieces and the ridiculous amounts of draws in the first half of the campaign.

It is fair to say we got carried away after MK Dons. But when you take a step back and look at us over the season, 7th is probably a fair reflection. We’ve been nearly men throughout.

On our day in my view the best side in the league with the strongest squad. But still mentally weak and susceptible to lapses in concentration. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

I’m not saying Moore is the greatest manager in the world by any means but he seems to get stick from some on here whatever he does.

I think the reality is that there's a lot of confirmation bias going on.

A group of our fans took against DM very early on, probably even from the moment of his appointment, and from that moment on absolutely nothing was ever going to alter their view that he's not the right man for the job.

Every dropped point, every sub-par performance is blamed on the manager. Every questionable player selection is presented as further proof of his unsuitability, normally with the benefit of hindsight. Even when we win, he gets criticism for the victory not being convincing enough. All some of the fans can see are the negatives, never any positives.

As you say, he's not the greatest manager in the world. But this is League 1, not the Premiership, and realistically managers of the calibre of Klopp and Guardiola may be out of our reach.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

A group of our fans took against DM very early on, probably even from the moment of his appointment, and from that moment on absolutely nothing was ever going to alter their view that he's not the right man for the job.

Every dropped point, every sub-par performance is blamed on the manager. Every questionable player selection is presented as further proof of his unsuitability, normally with the benefit of hindsight. Even when we win, he gets criticism for the victory not being convincing enough. All some of the fans can see are the negatives, never any positives.

As you say, he's not the greatest manager in the world. But this is League 1, not the Premiership, and realistically managers of the calibre of Klopp and Guardiola may be out of our reach.

Well said mate

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

The issue is that these problems are flaring up again.

The injury crisis started the run of good form (the only reason we're still in contention), since he got his players back, we're back where we were prior.

Conceding late goals, closed up play, dropping points. We don't win in the first 15, we don't win.

If we hadn't been scoring from corners and the penalty, we'd be nowhere near the playoffs.

The only open play goal in the last 4 games was the goal of the season.

We were slating teams for nicking points from set pieces earlier in the season, now that's what we're doing.

We've gone backwards, not forwards.

I think you're twisting things somewhat.

Our improved form started when we beat Sunderland in November. In the six months since then we've averaged 2 points per game which is automatic promotion form, and although we had a few players out injured at that time (Iorfa, Luongo, Windass to name three) it wasn't at crisis proportions. And even if it were, the fact we started improving then could just as easily be a case of correlation not causation.

And to suggest that now injuries are easing our results have dipped just doesn't add up. Before an unlucky defeat in a very tough away game on Saturday we'd taken 13 points from the previous 15. 

We've only conceded 2 late goals - Bolton and Accrington - since January, and the Accrington one was a complete fluky deflection.

I think people are spooked because we've dropped out of the play-offs and the form of Sunderland and Wycombe in particular is so strong. But like I said we were very unlucky on Saturday and prior to that were top of the form table so it's a bit early to be laying into the manager.... and I'm hardly Moore's biggest fan

• Like 2
  • Love 3

46 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I think actually that might be part of the problem. Moore doesn’t seem to buckle under pressure, and stays calm and even tempered on the face of it no matter what happens on the pitch.
The problem is it’s the players who have sometimes either buckled under the pressure or just let things drift in games. 
I think showing a bit of pressure and emotion might sometimes, but not always, be of benefit. 

True, at times I'd like to see more urgency, but the players seem to value his calm demeanor and we've seen more mental resilience this season than we have for a while. 

I think we are a more robust team under Moore, but agree that drift in games needs to be addressed. Sometimes the players need a rocket up their arse when games are running away from us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, parajack said:

People expressing ALL views on this Forum are Wednesdayites some lifelong in my case 60 Years I will be sat in the North stand for our last game. with my Son cheering on the team and Club I have supported and loved for 60 Years Being disappointed and saying we could(and SHOULD) have done much better doesn’t make you a bad person.I said I wouldn’t return to S6 until the Chairman left  but I can’t sit at home any more

I am not suggesting people don't have their views, all part of the forum.

All I am suggesting is putting all our energy as supporters in getting behind the team to achieve securing promotion.

The de-brief/examination about our season and whether we praise/criticise Moore, chairman, staff, players etc can all be picked apart in the summer.

• Love 2

56 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

This isn't about improving results, it's about players playing out of position with tactics and formations they're unsuited for.

Wide forwards and wingers are pretty much useless in a 352.araRe

Really don't know what you are

on about. Of course 352 improved results the evidence is overwhelming. 

Just a reminder the season is not over, its still in our hands.

Plenty of time to discuss  this season in the weeks to come.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Great post but I fear you may have used too much common sense! 😁

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, thesouthowl said:

SWFC.png

Assuming this is vaguely accurate the key thing it illustrates is that our best paid players are mainly those inherited by Moore.

That's why I think it's unfair to judge DMs performance against our wage budget.

It's not his fault that he's stuck with overpaid players who in many cases he probably didn’t/ doesn't want. 

The truth is we have a lot of players on Championship wages who are not Championship standard. And that is down to the fact the club had been poorly run for years and recruitment had been poor for years. Neither of those things has anything to do with DM.

• Like 2