Wycombe - Wednesday - OMDT

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

I wasn't there but the commentators made many a comment relating to our unwillingness to get players forward given the importance of the match and that we were losing. It's not always about personnel but tactics.

Yes the two WBs were unusually deep, but it’s probably NML’s best role picking it up deep and driving forward.

Johnson just had a stinker, but hard to criticise after playing superbly for months.

Saido was poor. Gregory great first half then the invisible man second. Bannan deep and quiet.

We had enough opportunities to create chances but final balls were simply awful.

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

100% disagree.

Tactics spot on today and deserved to win, only a couple of poor calls from the ref cost us.

Wycombe have been for side in division over past 10 games and been bullying teams especially at home.

We stood up to them, cut off there threat in vokes, scored a perfectly good goal.  What you can't control is the poor officiating and bit of bad luck.

In general I think you’re right.

Shodipo was bizarre though and Byers must feel incredibly harshly treated.

The problem is, we shouldn’t be in this position in the first place.

3 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Agreed but only on the basis that Moore’s tactics against these type of teams is clueless. Why is it that we the fans can see what’s wrong but he can’t or won’t. Bloody Fleetwood will take one look at today’s match and we can expect another night of frustration and non football. If only we had a far more tactical astute manager we would have comfortably been promoted with our squad of players. Need to pray that Windass is available for Tuesday 

Fleetwood actually look to be safe now. I think they might be looking to have a good final home game and hope for a result in front of their fans. I would be surprised if they are bad as Wycombe were today in terms of the shîthousery. 

As for the managers I’m sure a better managers would have made better decisions at various points in the season. But anyone who’s that much better isn’t managing in L1. They are in the championship. 

3 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

100% disagree.

Tactics spot on today and deserved to win, only a couple of poor calls from the ref cost us.

Wycombe have been for side in division over past 10 games and been bullying teams especially at home.

We stood up to them, cut off there threat in vokes, scored a perfectly good goal.  What you can't control is the poor officiating and bit of bad luck.

How can the tactics be spot on when everyone agrees the second half was a no show?

Agreed the ref cost us a result though by disallowing Dunk's goal.

13 minutes ago, Imre Varadi's Conker said:

Yep, newest squad, not played together before lost 9 out of 44 games.... Way better than I expected this season. 

I love our fans but they are not all realistic. Moore has done a good job. 

What do you mean by newest squad, mate?

1 minute ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

In general I think you’re right.

Shodipo was bizarre though and Byers must feel incredibly harshly treated.

The problem is, we shouldn’t be in this position in the first place.

Honestly if we can play like today in Tuesday we will beat Fleetwood with ease.

To give Wycombe credit they defended very well, but ref was shocking they were foulning dunkley from every set peice, they were scared to death of him

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

How can the tactics be spot on when everyone agrees the second half was a no show?

Agreed the ref cost us a result though by disallowing Dunk's goal.

Wasn't a no show was even 2nd half.  Should of had penalty, Paterson missed a sitter and Dunkley unlucky from bannan's free kick where just went wide (after being fouled again)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Fleetwood actually look to be safe now. I think they might be looking to have a good final home game and hope for a result in front of their fans. I would be surprised if they are bad as Wycombe were today in terms of the shîthousery. 

I've not checked so stand to be corrected but I'm pretty sure the bottom 4 go down so Fleetwood are far from safe. They're on the same points as Gillingham but with a game in hand and a much better goal difference so they will be all but safe if they beat us. 

Theyll be right up for it on Tuesday so we need to be too.

From what i saw of the replay of the disallowed goal it was either a goal or a penalty. Add to that one of their players could have been sent off for two yellows.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

I've not checked so stand to be corrected but I'm pretty sure the bottom 4 go down so Fleetwood are far from safe. They're on the same points as Gillingham but with a game in hand and a much better goal difference so they will be all but safe if they beat us. 

Theyll be right up for it on Tuesday so we need to be too.

Fûck. I just thought bottom three went down. Shît pie. We are fûckin doomed! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Imre Varadi's Conker said:

Yep, newest squad, not played together before lost 9 out of 44 games.... Way better than I expected this season. 

I love our fans but they are not all realistic. Moore has done a good job. 

You are deluded about the constraints other Lge One managers are working with.

Small squads, kids regularly stepping in, can’t name enough substitutes.

Bannan will earn what the entire Wycombe XI from today earn.

Dean cost Birmingham millions and therefore must be on £20K per week. We could afford not to risk him and stick him on the bench. That just wouldn’t have been an option for anybody else today.

• Like 3