Wycombe - Wednesday - OMDT

Odd game today.

Perfectly good Dunkeley goal ruled out. Decimate hand ball for pen.

Missed Byers/Hunt

Baz was awful on the ball and every set piece (again)

Ball had a very high bounce on that hard ground

Every time we tried to control the ball it bounced up in the air

Luongo not concentrating today (cost is a goal)

Odd day today…that’s all 

• Like 1

Just now, bigthinrob said:

I know football isn’t played “on paper”, but on paper we have the best man for man team in the league, which arguably must make us the leading underperformers in the league.

But we have barely had that squad available to us. 

Without injuries we'd rightly be challenging up there. Get Windass back for Fleetwood and see what difference he makes to the team. 

Just now, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Tell me who has a better squad before I laugh at you.

our squad has thousands of Championship appearances between them.

There’s no way you’d swap it for another.

Squads been injured for a majority of the season so you tell me. 

God knows how many games we had to play without a recognised CB in the team. Or having Gregory and Windass injured... 

Luongo out for large parts. All good having it on paper but it's having it on the pitch that actually counts.

Odd game today.

Perfectly good Dunkley goal ruled out. Definite hand ball for pen.

Missed Byers/Hunt

Baz was awful on the ball and every set piece (again)

Ball had a very high bounce on that hard ground

Every time we tried to control the ball it bounced up in the air

Luongo not concentrating today (cost is a goal)

Odd day today…that’s all 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

It’s frustrating but it’s all still in our own hands. A win and a draw still sees us in playoffs. This was always our toughest fixture. Just pray if we get to the playoffs we don’t have to play these cûnts!

Agreed but only on the basis that Moore’s tactics against these type of teams is clueless. Why is it that we the fans can see what’s wrong but he can’t or won’t. Bloody Fleetwood will take one look at today’s match and we can expect another night of frustration and non football. If only we had a far more tactical astute manager we would have comfortably been promoted with our squad of players. Need to pray that Windass is available for Tuesday 

3 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

DM always more concerned with the opposition. This was the case in the first third of the season when we dropped lots of points through negative tactics.

We should be picking our BEST team,a s you say, and let the opposition worry about us. H

What was negative about us today?

NML for Hunt is hardly negative, and FDB was MoM and our most attacking influence.

Starting line-up was great.

Shodipo sub was a dreadful shout.

Players we’re awful second half.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HootHoot said:

But we have barely had that squad available to us. 

Without injuries we'd rightly be challenging up there. Get Windass back for Fleetwood and see what difference he makes to the team. 

Even with injuries our squad ought to be good enough to be in top three. Other teams have injuries but don't have our depth. Struggling to get in to sixth place is not a good season and failure to do so will be very poor.

• Like 1

Just now, Holmowl said:

What was negative about us today?

NML for Hunt is hardly negative, and FDB was MoM and our most attacking influence.

Starting line-up was great.

Shodipo sub was a dreadful shout.

Players we’re awful second half.

I wasn't there but the commentators made many a comment relating to our unwillingness to get players forward given the importance of the match and that we were losing. It's not always about personnel but tactics.

1 minute ago, NOT jack whitham said:

How many corners for Bannan today and he f....ked up every one ?

He has wasted so many set pieces this season you have to wonder whether Moore seems unwilling to let others have the responsibility because he doesn't want to upset Bannan. At least we have a new penalty taker TBF.

3 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Squads been injured for a majority of the season so you tell me. 

God knows how many games we had to play without a recognised CB in the team. Or having Gregory and Windass injured... 

Luongo out for large parts. All good having it on paper but it's having it on the pitch that actually counts.

My tone was uncalled for, so apologies for that, anger and emotion kicking in.

I understand your point but even with those out we have far more than anybody else.

People will say I’m being arrogant.

I say other people are ignorant to what other teams are having to do.

Take Wycombe. A £2m wage budget. Pretty much gone the whole season with two strikers and one of them is 40 years old!

Some of our fans are delusional. Our subs bench today will have a higher weekly cost than the first XI of any other club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Agreed but only on the basis that Moore’s tactics against these type of teams is clueless. Why is it that we the fans can see what’s wrong but he can’t or won’t. Bloody Fleetwood will take one look at today’s match and we can expect another night of frustration and non football. If only we had a far more tactical astute manager we would have comfortably been promoted with our squad of players. Need to pray that Windass is available for Tuesday 

100% disagree.

Tactics spot on today and deserved to win, only a couple of poor calls from the ref cost us.

Wycombe have been for side in division over past 10 games and been bullying teams especially at home.

We stood up to them, cut off there threat in vokes, scored a perfectly good goal.  What you can't control is the poor officiating and bit of bad luck.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2