Wycombe - Wednesday - OMDT

Poor second half, in truth the game was over as a contest once they scored. 

Didn't do enough and created very little, aside from our best chance of the game from a corner, missed by Paterson. 

Fleetwood now a must win game, otherwise don't fancy our chances on the last day trying to overcome a points deficit, with a worse goal difference to most above us.

At least we had a few days of hope, back to the reality of being a Wednesday fan.

After a solid first half looked lethargic again today, as we did on Tuesday night, maybe the fixture schedule is catching up with us. 

Just now, Whitechapel Owl said:

We could, but it'd be a bit of an exaggeration wouldn't it. Staton spent most of the game whinging about Wycombe.

Both of them were hugely critical of the seeming lack of urgency & commitment in the latter stages.

One down with 5 mins to go & still only two attacking crosses etc & players ambling forward.

I wouldn’t say it’s an exaggeration at all.

• Like 3

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

I'm sorry there have been games we have played abysmal in but today pure bad luck.

The first half we pressed well but our final ball was awful..that isn't down to luck.

Second half, as I say, we didn't play at all, we should have gone out all guns blazing at a goal down. The pressing and intensity dropped.That isn't down to bad luck.

I just hope today hasn't cost us our chance because that performance wasn't one of a team chasing promotion

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Why wasn’t Byers playing? He was immense at MK. Pick your best team. 

DM always more concerned with the opposition. This was the case in the first third of the season when we dropped lots of points through negative tactics.

We should be picking our BEST team,a s you say, and let the opposition worry about us. H

• Like 3

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Both of them were hugely critical of the seeming lack of urgency & commitment in the latter stages.

One down with 5 mins to go & still only two attacking crosses etc & players ambling forward.

I wouldn’t say it’s an exaggeration at all.

Pointless argument I'm not going to get into seen as neither of us even watched the game.

watch moore say we “didn’t have our shooting boots on” ******* disappointing 

just to clarify I’m basing this off what i heard on the audio pass but the 1st half were sounding somewhat promising 2nd half sounded like takin ur foot off the accelerator when ur switchin gears dgm wrong i know wycombe was putting on some ****housery but the amount of corners an a few of the opportunities we had to get a goal that were either failed cus not good enough coordination in positioning or dodgy touches jus defines the Wednesday way

need to pull thumb aht of arse and need to start going for it big time cus now we rely on the games against fleetwood and portsmouth to keep us into playoffs 

UTOs

So Mr Moore, was Hunt injured?

Was Byres injured?

Because if not then you screwed up with selection. 
Why didn’t we play our game?

Why do we get dragged into playing their way?

Why can’t we beat sides like this?

Very poor imho today. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1