WEDNESDAY ~V~ ACCRINGTON STANLEY - OMDT

1 minute ago, DeBilde'sTea said:

Same old. When we dont win we were terrible and when we do it's HMS Poss the League. No middle ground (e.g looked shaky at back in first half and struggled with thier size but we seemed to create a fair few chances and at yimes move ball well) So odd.

There are certain posters that cannot wait to post and spout off if we don’t win.

Pathetic really.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

He also misplaced the pass which led to them breaking

Then misjudged the clearance and have them a corner, which they scored from

Iorfa was very poor tonight

I said at HT he looked like a good player that has been out for a long time. He'll get better with more game time, but I'm not sure we can afford to give it to him.

4 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

I genuinely believe on a proper flat pitch that you don’t need 15 touches to control the ball on we win that game.

Pitch was the leveller tonight. Awful to watch, complete anti football from Accrington, but they go home with a point.

First half I felt sorry for the ball it was that bad.

That might have a bit more credibility if we didn’t pound Cambridge 6-0 on the same pitch the game before

As usual, people get there knickers in a twist over a poor result.  Look at the table

7th with a game in hand

Only the top 3 have lost fewer matches

Before tonights match won 8 in the last 10 with two defeats, one of which against the division leaders.

And this with a relegated team low on confidence, with no money and  relying on loans and out of contract players.

If you take your rose tinted 'we are a big club' glasses off, DM hasn't done a bad job tbh.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

I have Covid atm, so didn't use my ST.

I bought ifollow and we were hamshank again. Everytime I have watched us on ifollow we have been very poor.

I take responsibility and will never buy it again

Same here. Knew moment I bought it I’d jinxed us! 😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Owlinmad said:

We ain't getting a playoff spot.

Tonight has got me a bit worried. 

On paper, an easy chance to get into that top 6 and we've buggered it up. 

Yea, no game is a gimme, but we should have seen that out having taken the lead, yet get undone by another crap corner. 

Are we going to be the nearly men this season? 

Even when we get a positive result, it seems that those around us inevitably pick up a win too. 

16 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

He was very unfortunate with the goal, but it could be argued that he should have come out for the ball which resulted in their corner which led to the goal.

Maybe but it was quite far. To be honest, you’d expect Iorfa to deal with it better than that.

Just now, SiJ said:

Yea, no game is a gimme, but we should have seen that out having taken the lead, yet get undone by another crap corner. 

Even when we get a positive result, it seems that those around us inevitably pick up a win too. 

Set pieces could ultimately be our undoing. I darent look how many points we have lost from them, even if tonight was a very spozzy one. Our inability to stop teams scoring from them is undermining our play off chances 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Masters of our own destiny and I worry that we may not be up to it.

It's the bloody hope that gets to you.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

What could be more worrying is we have players coming back.

The cohesion we created these last 2 months from a lack of bodies could be all undone to give players a run about.

I really hope we don't go back to picking teams based on the opposition because if we do then DM hasn't learnt a thing and we have wasted a season.

Hopefully my worries are unfounded.

• Like 2

Poor tonight.

Found a few things odd. Firstly why at no point did Gregory & Berahino get a minute together following on from their outstanding performance together from Saturday. 

Rejigging the entire defence to suit Iorfa, who had a very poor game. I would have just slotted Palmer in at LCB like he’s play very comfortably on a number of occasions. 

Thought the changes showed arrogance. Like we really looked down on Accrington and we have the ability to chop and change the way Manchester City do.

Need a win at Gillingham. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1