WEDNESDAY ~V~ ROTHERHAM - OMDT

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Strong starting 11. Poor bench. Let’s hope we don’t need them to get us something. 

Not many teams in this league who can put out a starting XI of that quality with half a dozen key players out injured. 

My only worry is that we literally only have the 3 fit central midfielders and a lot of games so unless he changes formation at some point we're going to have to throw in the untested Waldock or play Paterson or even Palmer in there. Or put Hutch in CM and break him again. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

That he does, can't fault his enthusiasm and willingness to work. However, his positional sense is poor playing up front and gives away too many needless silly fouls. 

That said, he's picked to start so hope he has a good game and a goal wouldn't go a miss.

Hear what you're saying but he disrupts opposition play out from the back and knocks em about a bit.

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I’d have preferred Kamberi.

We are setting up with a winger and a utility player as our front two. A mistake in my view.

Other than that it’s a terrific side.

Mendez-Laing is clearly better out wide, but the team could do with a bit of pace up top, and he's our only option.

He can drift wide and create overloads, as well as looking to run through behind their defence.

That what I'm hoping, anyway!

12 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think the line up is to push their wide men back - our wide men have pace to burn especially NML

But NML isn’t playing wide. That’ll be Hunt.

NML will be receiving the ball with his back to goal, which isn’t his strength.

Playing him up top changes our shape and leaves his partner isolated.

IMO

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Mendez-Laing is clearly better out wide, but the team could do with a bit of pace up top, and he's our only option.

He can drift wide and create overloads, as well as looking to run through behind their defence.

That what I'm hoping, anyway!

Our greatest attacking strength is the width given by our excellent WBs. Putting a 3rd WB on and playing him out of position is an odd shout IMO.

But it’s a very strong side. 

Strongest possible team I think.  Apart from Gregory and windass up front and Dean to come In for palmer, possibly mendez lang for Hunt could improve, but nothing on bench.  Yep, I realise there's no one else...

Hope ladapo is only half fit and either useless or breaks down.  Glad Will Grigg is missing. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Edited by swinners

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

But NML isn’t playing wide. That’ll be Hunt.

NML will be receiving the ball with his back to goal, which isn’t his strength.

Playing him up top changes our shape and leaves his partner isolated.

IMO

Attacking players have to receive the ball to feet with back to goal, but you're right about NML - he needs to run on, and get behind and I think he'll do that today. He won't be stood next to Patterson like Kamberi does - I think his instruction will be to stay in a wider position, which pulls their centre halfs out. I also think Hunt will be overlapping which gives us another attacking dimension.

We'll see.

• Like 1