WEDNESDAY ~V~ ROTHERHAM - OMDT

It's not going to be pretty but I'm confident we can mix it up if needed now and we seem to have grown a pair recently... Id take the worst game ever and a 1-0 winner in off Richard Woods arse in injury time...will it be Kamberi and Pato up top to start just to add a bit of weight and nous to it all (the weather is going to be vile by all accounts) then bring NML on to run riot second half maybe.. Come on DM let's get it right today!! Play up the Wednesday boys!!! 

• Like 1

Tough game today, two teams on top of their game and in good form. The difference being that Rotherham have been more consistent over the season. 

Not expecting many changes, other than mendez-laing back in, probably for Paterson. 

No doubt they'll be out for revenge in their cup final, but if we show the same desire and commitment as we have of late, have enough to beat these, even with our injury problems.

Rotherham have a couple of good players, but their consistency built around collective work ethic. If we match that, our quality should show. We have to be up for it though, close them down quickly and win 50/50s. Hopefully Luongo can set the tone.

Head says 1-1, heart says 2-1 Wednesday.

• Like 1

Tough game. I really like Paul Warne and hope he’ll be  sat in the home dugout in the near future

If we had Windass, Dean and Gregory in the side I’d be convinced of victory, but as good as our midfield is goals are going to be hard to come by 

1-1. Loungo with the goal 

15 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

Hit the shots hard and low.

Pitch is starting to deteriorate and any shots along the ground could deflect off a bobble and into the goal.

Awful weather will just make the ball dirtier and greasier.

^^^this^^^ bad day for the keepers, crosses swirling around . I’d love a good old fashioned headed winner from a corner in front of Kop in the 96th min

I think we’ve turned a corner.

If we see a very similar Xl to Wigan, with no bizarre changes, I really think we are too strong for this division. Rotherham at home is tough, but I think we’ll seize control and put them away.

I simply hope we don’t see unnecessary safety-first tinkering when the Xl are named at 11.

I hope we start this team:-

BPF

Storey Hutch Palmer

NML Bannan Luongo Byers Johnson

Paterson Kamberi

Harsh on the admirable Hunt, but right now it’s our best attacking Xl and I think we should be positive from the off.

Can’t even begin to guess the outcome of this one. We have been successful in the last four by being tough and direct but with flashes of lovey football in the opponents half. Will this work against a team as well organised as Rotherham? Not long to wait to find out! UTO!

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

I think we’ve turned a corner.

If we see a very similar Xl to Wigan, with no bizarre changes, I really think we are too strong for this division. Rotherham at home is tough, but I think we’ll seize control and put them away.

I simply hope we don’t see unnecessary safety-first tinkering when the Xl are named at 11.

I hope we start this team:-

BPF

Storey Hutch Palmer

NML Bannan Luongo Byers Johnson

Paterson Kamberi

Harsh on the admirable Hunt, but right now it’s our best attacking Xl and I think we should be positive from the off.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hunt keep his place in order to stifle Rotherham's strength on the flanks and Mendez-Laing start up top as a second striker.

• Like 2

They’re full of confidence, and why shouldn’t they be? They will absolutley be up for this one. 
We still have injury problems and a lack of real cutting edge up front, so I would take a draw now. 

But….. wouldn’t it be nice for once if things started dropping for us for a change? The last few games we seemed to create plenty of chances but couldn’t convert them. We deserve a game where we start taking them. 

or even better …. A winner from a last minute very very contentious and controversial penalty to send them home squealing