“Stop sacking managers. Let them build something”

21 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Moore’s always said he wants to play 4 at the back, and even when we were unbeaten he said ideally he wants to get back to a 4.

And that was first time Conte has started with a back 4 in a league game for something like 3 years. 

Why do people feel the need to make things up?

No he always has that the 3-5-2 is how he wants his teams to play 

23 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

We are 3 points off the playoffs if we win our game in hand.

We may be underperfoming but I'd hardly say he's out of his depth. 

We are probably about 4 or 5 points behind where I thought we might be at this stage of the season.

Not ideal perhaps but also not evidence that he's an awful manager.

I thought we played well against Oxford and if we'd had Dunkley or Iorfa available, I'm sure we would have outclassed them in every department, but the fact is, we don't and we can't buy anyone of a similar quality. That's not to say I agree with all DMs selections. Brown and Berahino are simply not good enough for the team we have established. I think everyone on here agrees on that, so while he occasionally shows signs of being a competent manager and is clearly building something, he also shows signs of poor decision making and that will be his downfall in the end.

• Like 1

Past caring who the manager is. 

Changing rarely makes any difference of note. Just more of the same

Same win percentage, (give or take 1-2%)

same mind numbing interviews 

I’m starting to think more and more that the players are the main people responsible for the results on the field 

20 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be fair we saw a style under Pulis.

It was attritional and tough to watch.

But there was a definite game plan and style.

Crumbs. What a grim time.

Still, he did introduce our first new free kick routine in 10 years to replace the old 'most famous player blasts it over the bar' one we used for most of the previous decade!

Very true. The style isn’t always there at the moment and I think that’s the problem.

Moore is nowhere near as bad as Pulis and especially Monk, but he is massively under achieving and the team isn’t moving forward. Think it’s now a matter of time before he gets the sack not he can turn it around and get us up. So why wait ??

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

. Think it’s now a matter of time before he gets the sack not he can turn it around and get us up. So why wait ??

Why should we have a manager at all? 

They will all get the sack as we are never patient and always demand immediate success.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, debram said:

Totally agree if it's the right one but we've yet to see him.

I guess it's similar to looking for a partner.

You can just wait for Cindy Crawford, and you will stay single for the rest of your live.

Or you do it the Wednesday way:  Marry the best girl you can find, she won't be perfect so you get divorced, marry the next girl, same problem, get divorced again, and again and again... every time you choose the next girl you will be a bit older and your reputation will go downhill. After a while there won't be any nice girls left, who would even look at you.

Or alternatively you could choose one girl and stick with her. She might not be perfect, but you might be able to built a relationship, have a lovely marriage, have children and grandchildren. 

Why do so many of us choose the Wednesday way of chop and change?

I personally don't think Moore should be kept - I just think someone else could get better results.

But, in fairness, when it comes to playing decent football - which was definitely one of the reasons for his appointment - he appears to (usually) be delivering on that.

By all accounts (opposition and our own view) are in-the-main playing decent stuff and score a fair few.

Not necessarily winning football - but then that's not what Darren Moore is about... hence me thinking we would be better changing now rather than later.

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Very true. The style isn’t always there at the moment and I think that’s the problem.

Moore is nowhere near as bad as Pulis and especially Monk, but he is massively under achieving and the team isn’t moving forward. Think it’s now a matter of time before he gets the sack not he can turn it around and get us up. So why wait ??

You say Moore is not as bad as Monk or Pulis ?

Why.?

Both the other managers have had success,where as Moore has won nothing,

Yet Moore has been able to bring in more players,loans free or whatever,than the other 2..,Pulis walked because he told Chansiri what we needed,and Chansiri buried his head inthe sand and looked for another yes man,

Moore is out of his depth here,and always will be,

He will never achieve what Pulis did at Stoke,

So hes had plenty of time,and needs to go,

On 23/01/2022 at 18:56, NorthernOwl said:

We are 3 points off the playoffs if we win our game in hand.

We may be underperfoming but I'd hardly say he's out of his depth. 

We are probably about 4 or 5 points behind where I thought we might be at this stage of the season.

Not ideal perhaps but also not evidence that he's an awful manager.

Preposterous, a voice of reason on OT... begone! lol

I agree on your main points though, it's not ideal but I'm not seeing evidence to suggest DM is terrible either... but he does have a way about him that doesn't instil confidence; odd team selection, sticking to a game plan and no apparent plan B when things don't go our way or the other team figures us out and make changes to adapt; then we're just banging our head against the same wall rest of the match.

4 hours ago, S1Owl said:

No he always has that the 3-5-2 is how he wants his teams to play 

We’ll have to agree to disagree then.

He played a back 4 at West Brom and Doncaster and with us until injuries caused him to change to a 3. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

You can just wait for Cindy Crawford, and you will stay single for the rest of your live.

Or you do it the Wednesday way:  Marry the best girl you can find, she won't be perfect so you get divorced, marry the next girl, same problem, get divorced again, and again and again... every time you choose the next girl you will be a bit older and your reputation will go downhill. After a while there won't be any nice girls left, who would even look at you.

Or alternatively you could choose one girl and stick with her. She might not be perfect, but you might be able to built a relationship, have a lovely marriage, have children and grandchildren. 

Nothing at all like a new partner. You get to try out a new partner; Usually several times at cooking and that sort of thing.

• Like 1

Guest 123adam789
1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

They will all get the sack as we are never patient and always demand immediate success.

How about a player manager. Not many of those get the sack.

54 minutes ago, brando said:

You say Moore is not as bad as Monk or Pulis ?

Why.?

Both the other managers have had success,where as Moore has won nothing,

Yet Moore has been able to bring in more players,loans free or whatever,than the other 2..,Pulis walked because he told Chansiri what we needed,and Chansiri buried his head inthe sand and looked for another yes man,

Moore is out of his depth here,and always will be,

He will never achieve what Pulis did at Stoke,

So hes had plenty of time,and needs to go,

He does need to go.

Pulis I’m judging on his ten game spell. He was ultra negative and that spell cost us points sending us down. Monk was a terrible manager and really bad for the club he will take years to recover from.

Moore in a worse league is is under a lot of pressure and it’s not working and needs to go. But if it was a case of the three which would you have in charge it would be Moore. But if we wanna progress Moore has to go now 

Managers have a short shelf life these days. Moores gone backwards in the last 18 months, if he hadn’t he’d deserve more time 

2 hours ago, GermanBird said:

Rotherham have been promoted out of this League twice already at the first attempt,on a shoestring budget,loan players,and losing players to other Clubs each Year...and are on target to go up again...

WW a L1 Club relegated from the Championship at the first attempt now sit in a play off place...

But we must be patient.....

NO we should be impatient,and stop accepting(and making) excuses for failure

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Flipping ell, you've just described my life in one post...

Nowt to do wi Wednesday managers though. Sigh.