“Stop sacking managers. Let them build something”

Darren Moore we'll get us promoted this season via the play-offs.

We were boring and not scoring.

Now we're scoring but have no defense.

Defense arrives this week.

Loads of home games coming up.

Windass will start to erm, start.

Players believe in Moore and want to play for him.

We're going up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

He's not building anything, certainly nothing for the long-term.

If he had assembled a group of largely young players, then I might be a bit more patient. 

But the fact is he hasn't. A large percentage of the players he has signed are senior players, and more often than not the teams he puts out are pushing 30 in terms of the average age. 

There is no building going on. He's cobbled together a side for the short term in what appears to be a failed attempt to get us promoted. 

To compound issues he deserted his original plan of 4-2-3-1, claiming that we needed to switch to a 3-5-2 due to injury issues...yet he has persisted with playing 3-5-2 despite us having one to no recognised CBs available. 

God knows how he has managed to get this reputation of being great with younger players. I've seen nothing to suggest that. Can anyone name one player that we've got on our books that Darren Moore has improved since they go there? 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, S1Owl said:

Moore is pigheaded, won't admit his 3 at the back ain't working but persists with it having said it's how he wants his teams to play. He'll never admit to it being wrong. 

Even Antonio Conte plays 4 at the back when he thinks it suits & that's more often than not, even with the attacking players at his disposal. 

Totally agree

maybe it’d work with Des Walker, Paulo Maldini and Bobby Moore.

Or maybe it works on Football manager 2007

16 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

We're going up.

I’ll have a pint of whatever ur on pal 👍👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yeah I don't get the stick aimed at Moore for not playing Storey. 

It's a big ask throwing a CB into the starting line up a couple of days after he's arrived. You really need a bit of bedding in, in that position.

As you say, if he played and made a couple of mistakes Moore would have got pelters for starting him before he was ready.

He will play next game I'm sure of it.

It's not as though Storey isn't fit, he's played plenty of times for Preston this season.

Stoke went and got Jagielka and the very next day he started against Hull and they won.

Also why not play Brennan? He didn't put a foot wrong when he was put into the team and now he's not even in the squad.

Yet he persists with Johnson who has never been a defender.

It's like Moore doesn't trust them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's not building anything, certainly nothing for the long-term.

If he had assembled a group of largely young players, then I might be a bit more patient. 

But the fact is he hasn't. A large percentage of the players he has signed are senior players, and more often than not the teams he puts out are pushing 30 in terms of the average age. 

There is no building going on. He's cobbled together a side for the short term in what appears to be a failed attempt to get us promoted. 

To compound issues he deserted his original plan of 4-2-3-1, claiming that we needed to switch to a 3-5-2 due to injury issues...yet he has persisted with playing 3-5-2 despite us having one to no recognised CBs available. 

God knows how he has managed to get this reputation of being great with younger players. I've seen nothing to suggest that. Can anyone name one player that we've got on our books that Darren Moore has improved since they go there? 

I see a style of play. Which is more than I could say for Pulis and Monk. He clearly has a way of playing, bringing out of the back, centre backs pushing on, wing backs high up. There is a pattern of play which I personally think is pretty encouraging.

When the 3-5-2 works, I think we play very well. Plymouth last week we were excellent. I also thought MK Dons and Wycombe at home we were far the superior side. But frustratingly we’re very inconsistent. Yes it’s not ideal playing 3 at the back without recognised centre halves, but then I’ve seen Johnson for example play well there. So don’t think we can bring this criticism up again. Johnson deserved to keep his place after last week. 

Should he be doing better with the group of players? Maybe. But at the same time I’m in two minds. Let’s not forget where we were on and off the pitch last season. A financial shambles and genuinely very little desire on the pitch. I think in both aspects this is starting to change - they definitely are trying out there. 

But my god we need to sort out our defending from set pieces, it’s cost us so many points already. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I see a style of play. Which is more than I could say for Pulis and Monk. 

To be fair we saw a style under Pulis.

It was attritional and tough to watch.

But there was a definite game plan and style.

Crumbs. What a grim time.

Still, he did introduce our first new free kick routine in 10 years to replace the old 'most famous player blasts it over the bar' one we used for most of the previous decade!

3 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Pelupessy would’ve provided better cover in Luongo’s absence than Byers 

You do have a point up front where we look stronger, except for the wretched Berahino who was a terrible signing. 

The Byers one is another baffling situation.

He looked decent whenever I saw him play for Swansea. Yet he's only started 3 games for us all season.

32 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

It's not as though Storey isn't fit, he's played plenty of times for Preston this season.

Stoke went and got Jagielka and the very next day he started against Hull and they won.

Also why not play Brennan? He didn't put a foot wrong when he was put into the team and now he's not even in the squad.

Yet he persists with Johnson who has never been a defender.

It's like Moore doesn't trust them.

I don't think you can reasonably say he doesn't trust Storey because he didn't play the first game. He'll no doubt start next week.

Brennan you have a point as Moore obviously doesn't think he's ready to play week in week out. Whether he's right on that I'm not sure as we haven't seen enough to really judge.

Trouble is we loose all our best players at the end of the season if we don't get promotion.

We need a big CH early this week, the lack of height at the back is a big problem, far too many goals conceded from set pieces. With Dunkley and Lofra out long term we need to get one over the line quick otherwise we will get in more trouble if we don't win on Saturday. I am sure Darren knows this

6 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I don't think you can reasonably say he doesn't trust Storey because he didn't play the first game. He'll no doubt start next week.

Brennan you have a point as Moore obviously doesn't think he's ready to play week in week out. Whether he's right on that I'm not sure as we haven't seen enough to really judge.

Well have to see if he starts Storey in the next game.

As for yesterday. Brennan or Storey would have been ideal to bring on to shore up the defence for the last 15 mins and move Johnson out to left wing back instead of the hopeless Brown coming on.

• Like 2

A couple of mentions of points targets vs points we have

It feels like our club doesn’t set points targets - we might be better off if it did

Maybe it should be more data driven (points per game basically - and short term, medium term, long term targets) 

With Monk, Jos and (in future others) it’ll probably be a case of “oh yeahhhh I hadn’t noticed this has been quite bad for months and now we’ve missed whatever objective we didn’t really believe in”  Then sack. 

:Chansiri:

1 hour ago, Buck Rogers said:

We're going up.

Moore brings us down to the level of teams which aren't as good as ours because of his tactical ineptitude.

In other words he's a liability.

Any points we garner are in spite of him, not because of him.

• Like 1