“Stop sacking managers. Let them build something”

1 hour ago, ashley8 said:

Get a grip... open your eyes and stop this rubbish. Look what that handsome vhaps done at Forest! The fact is Monk fell out with the players and NEVER took real responsibility,  Pulis was dinosaur who thought everyone sitting on our goal line would keep us up.... and Moore is not getting the basics right!!! None where/are good enough. Its really not that difficult to see that.... Monk was only any good when Fletchers form ment we were punching above our weight once his goal streak stopped we were done. Monk had no answer. Pulis would have took us down with bore draws and Moore can't inspire or teach how to defend in a really really poor league. It's time to move on because nothing is changing. Burying you head in the sand isn't working is it! 

Our problem is we lack ambition and put up with crap year in year out. You can't improve something in they can't even get the basics right! 

Maybe the problems go deeper than the manager?

5 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Just my opinion mate but when he realised what the score was Newcastle coming calling was the answer to his prayers...

He’d have gone to Newcastle regardless 

Wether we was top of league, had best owner in world ,  all irrelevant 

He goes where the coin is ,  Simple 

4 hours ago, BowOwl said:

Putting it out there, I think DM would make a great Director of Football.
He hit the ground running with tying up youth contracts, his summer signings on paper were incredible considering our situation and reputation.

Players like him and he can attract the right people.

His clear flaws are game management & tactical nous. We need a manager who can adapt and have that vision, especially in this league. DM is oddly a level above that and probably far more suited to the bigger picture role. 

Kick him upstairs and keep paying him for not producing in L1? i know this game has massive rewards for failure but really??

37 minutes ago, parajack said:

Kick him upstairs and keep paying him for not producing in L1? i know this game has massive rewards for failure but really??

Remember that feeling at the end of this summer (ignoring the whole relegation thing).

He single hand-idly turned an awful time into some excitement, doing everything a DOF would do. Can't think of a single manager achieving that with us, let alone with our financial and image issues.

Keep him on that he will thrive, it's not rewarding failure, it's ironically playing him in his strongest position :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

Remember that feeling at the end of this summer (ignoring the whole relegation thing).

He single hand-idly turned an awful time into some excitement, doing everything a DOF would do. Can't think of a single manager achieving that with us, let alone with our financial and image issues.

Keep him on that he will thrive, it's not rewarding failure, it's ironically playing him in his strongest position :ph34r:

I for one was super excited about being in L1.
The opportunity to see the Wednesday legends in our squad against the likes of Accrington and Morecambe gave me a bit of a trouser tent I have to be honest.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

I didnt see it that way tbh i was still stinging from his poor tactics at the end of our season,thought we could,and should have been able to get more points from our squad(sound familiar?) and had an idea that he would continue our Campaign in L1 in the same vein.....

The mood music on here at the time was that DM was preparing us for L1,knew the Division,and that we should judge him after he has had a full pre season,brought in his own players,and where we were at in Dec/Jan....

DM is asked the Q regularly by the pundits(Sat included) not just by OWLSTALK members,as to why we are continually losing leads & defending poorly....

What answer do we get?

• Like 1

I'd be happy with a longer term approach 

A manager assured he won't be sacked, if promotion isn't achieved in the first year 

I'd prefer a manager who doesn't loan in a half a dozen wingers ... sit 3 on the bench & 3 in defence 

The manager shouldn't have to rely on loans though 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, camffiti said:

I'd be happy with a longer term approach 

A manager assured he won't be sacked, if promotion isn't achieved in the first year 

I'd prefer a manager who doesn't loan in a half a dozen wingers ... sit 3 on the bench & 3 in defence 

The manager shouldn't have to rely on loans though 

IF Rotherham &/or WW go straight back up,will you feel the same?..

3 hours ago, camffiti said:

Its not ideal 

But lurching from CLEAR AAHHHHT to CLEAR AAHHHHT, continues to fail 

Forest........

changed their fortune mid season...because they are/were not prepared to continue with failure,Ipswich too,...