This is an absolute MUST listen re Darren Moore

Mention of Paul Sturrock earlier - we pinched him off Plymouth and were promoted. Is it now that pay back time has arrived with another 3-0 defeat imminent.

Relating to DM, the problem appears to be credibility all round. You try to put yourself in the position of everyone involved in his management and you cannot find any logic to his continued presence. I feel, having watched the Barry Bannan interview that he is instrumental in the Dressing Room atmosphere - almost as an apologist for the manager.

After over seventy years as a Wednesdayite, it would be lovely to be proved totally wrong!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, graz gp said:

What does he expect with the injured central defenders. When you sign guy's that are already injured and are injury prone. Uto

yes i wish that point had been put to him, not that i would expect a coherent response

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

monk and jos win ratio is much higher than darren moore and that was in a higher division . if only we didnt have a clueless owner then our pain watching this garbage will be over . id sooner attack other teams win or lose at least we have had ago . ipswich are scoring for fun they will sooner be passing us in the table while we compete in the table with club owners what have told us they have only 10% of the wage bill of ours(cheltenham morecambe accrington) yet very soon they will be on same points as us . 

the only way today does not become as serious toxic situation is we attack from the off get a lead and win the game, chances of that almost zero. 

I agree but that has nothing to do with my post about why he’s called a nice guy.

10 hours ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

He’s defending his position but when he says its no different to any other club and he compared us bringing back the likes of Brennan and Hunt from loans, that’s just not true. 

If Wolves were bringing him back to play there I think we’d accept it but he’s been recalled to send out to MK Dons. It’s not the same situation at all

Bang on. He really seems totally clueless. 

Haven’t listened to the interview because, quite honestly, I can’t bear listening to him.

As others have said there’s no substance just platitudes, buzzwords, cliches, malapropisms… if his interviews are anything at all to go by he’s completely and utterly out of his depth. His team selections and our general level of performance would not appear to counter that either. 

• Like 1

Moore is cleverly saying Wolves wanted us to guarantee Theo game time, which he refused to do.

Although Theo should have played more we shouldn't be guaranteeing any loanee a start, except perhaps a goalie if that - so I agree with Moore on that.

However, the Theo problem is of Moore's making. If he'd have been used as much as he should have been Wolves wouldn't have made that request, and/or the player would have wanted to stay. 

We're 9th in the division over half way through the season and we've just lost our biggest creative spark in the squad. Not looking good.

• Like 2

It does seem odd to me that we brought Corbeanu into the club when he was clearly unfit.  It took a significant time to get him up to speed and the Wolves recall him. If he needed getting up to speed surely we should have insisted on the loan being for a full season.  Accepting the views on playing styles, but all we’ve done is get him match fit for another team 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

'Do you wish you'd play Theo more now?' 

'No, no. The right time, we played Theo was absolutely spot on.' 

Please can we at least employ an actual football manager because if Carlos was clueless what the hell does that make this guy. 

At this level all managers have faults, if they didn't they'd be at Premiership level.

A good interview that didn't give soft questions to the manager. It asked pointed questions that the fans would have asked.  I listened to all of it and reached the conclusion that DM is stumbling from crisis to crisis. He's spending his time fighting fires and losing.

I'm not calling for his head yet. We did look like we were getting our act together before the Sunderland game, dreadful since them though. Was it a blip or is this the new us?

The next 2 games will show, I'm not optimistic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

At this level all managers have faults, if they didn't they'd be at Premiership level.

A good interview that didn't give soft questions to the manager. It asked pointed questions that the fans would have asked.  I listened to all of it and reached the conclusion that DM is stumbling from crisis to crisis. He's spending his time fighting fires and losing.

I'm not calling for his head yet. We did look like we were getting our act together before the Sunderland game, dreadful since them though. Was it a blip or is this the new us?

I loved him celebrating in front of the North after we smashed Sunderland and genuinely thought we'd turned a corner but it's just too inconsistent, too stop start, with far more stop than start. What he said about Corbeanu has done it for me. Whatever today's result, I'd like to see a new manager come in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

A tough interview handled well by Moore. Consistent in as much as a club in our position has little control on loans, a minimum of control on quality and no control what so ever on the Injury situation. No external force (Wolves) dictate what team should be picked. 

So we see what we can do at 10 minutes to February. Repairing the middle of our defence would be a big bonus. Interviewer and respondent are equally aware of this.

Yes they do,on the terms of the loan.....if SWFC are not doing what was agreed between the two parties,same would apply to any loan agreement terms,ie playing regularly,first team football,in an agreed role to develop the player....

25 minutes ago, prowl said:

Moore will never get us promoted... Great coach.. But jst not got the cut throat of a manager or tactics to go with it... Not sure where we go nxt tho with DC picking the nxt one... 

11 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

It does seem odd to me that we brought Corbeanu into the club when he was clearly unfit.  It took a significant time to get him up to speed and the Wolves recall him. If he needed getting up to speed surely we should have insisted on the loan being for a full season.  Accepting the views on playing styles, but all we’ve done is get him match fit for another team 

I don't buy into this that Corbeanu was unfit.

He arrived post the first game at Charlton after playing for Canada in the Gold Cup in July.

He the had tonsilitis which kept him out for a week then he was back in training.

He declared himself he was fit and raring to go before the Rotherham game and was in the match squad for that game on 21st August.

He's a fit young man, I don't believe it took another 2 months for him to 'build up his fitness' to his first start on 2nd November. 

He only started that game after mounting pressure from the fans, media and Wolves as to why he wasn't playing.

I just think Moore didn't fancy him because in his opinion he was lacking in defensive capabilities.

Which to Moore is probably more important than what a winger gives us in an attacking respect.

Only my opinion though.