And people still defend this manager

1 hour ago, victorturner said:

Centre back is not a problem area. We do have enough. The problem is in attack and maybe still midfield as it has been for four years. Luongo unfortunately not fit enough and like Hutch gets yellow cards

What the ........

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There are clearly fans who genuinely believe that if we clear out the manager and get a new one that we will all of a sudden spring into life and shoot up the league with the same players

I find that interesting

That’s what happened when Sturrock replaced Turner and Jones replaced Megson

Edited by Django
  • Like 7
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There are clearly fans who genuinely believe that if we clear out the manager and get a new one that we will all of a sudden spring into life and shoot up the league with the same players

I find that interesting

Most my mates are Forest fans and they found it interesting too.

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It is but neither of those had the issues and behind the scenes horror that our club has now

Unless they aren’t getting paid again then I don’t understand what these horrors are 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It is but neither of those had the issues and behind the scenes horror that our club has now

Also if the club was a full on horror show behind the scenes, then surely players like Palmer, Iorfa, Bannan and Windass would have run for the hills instead of signing new contracts 

My guess is that our current woes are down to persisting with a manager who isn’t up to the task 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I find that interesting

Yes.

I am one of those.

I think another manager could get more from this group of players in this particular league.

Im not saying we would go up automatic but we should definitely be more competitive.

I think Moore’s tendency to chop & change personnel (wilfully playing players out of position) is making things even more difficult for us.

I understand that the incompetence of the Chansiri regime is the number one problem SWFC currently face but that doesn’t excuse the underperformance of the first team coaching staff in this particular set of circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Derby don't have a pot to wee in 

Got a bloke whose managing his first full season ever 

Signed some right rubbish

Yet they are currently on a 3 wins in a row in the Championship 

And that's after been hit with a 21 point penalty 

Moore has it easy in comparison 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I find that interesting

He has signed attacking players but plays a defensive formation.

He played attacking from the off against Sunderland at home that’s the only game I can recall all out attack.

The club/players need a manager that will play to their strength’s and set up to attack teams and let them worry about us.

Moore ain’t that manager, again I’ve seen Paul Cook at Chesterfield many times and it was some of the most exciting entertaining football I’ve seen played it was on the front foot attacking teams. 

Moore is a defensive manager and not a good one at that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I find that interesting

Its not a new phenomena mate,and quite often we see a new manager bounce in similar.Pearson for example before his fall out,Warnock, Hecky across the road at SUFC,to name but 3....NO it doesn't always work,but whats the alternative where performances and results are as shocking?

What would you advocate?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Its not a new phenomena mate,and quite often we see a new manager bounce in similar.Pearson for example before his fall out,Warnock, Hecky across the road at SUFC,to name but 3....NO it doesn't always work,but whats the alternative where performances and results are as shocking?

What would you advocate?

I honestly don't know mate - I'm just concerned that the constant churn of players and managers had left this club an absolute wreck

I also am convinced that a change of manager won't stem the issues behind the scenes

Moore's number one job was to change the culture at the club and refresh the whole place - and he's struggled to get off the mark with that

Owlstalk Shop

There’s absolutely nothing to suggest that Moore will ever achieve anything here, or anywhere else for that matter.

Those who defend the status quo do so by saying that changing managers achieves nothing.

That’s a bit like being ill, a doctor prescribing you a couple of ineffective medications, so don’t try a third on the grounds that changing drugs in the past didn’t work.

We’re going nowhere under Moore, and we’re wasting yet another season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

There's even less to suggest that any replacement would either

But we can’t know that.

What we do know for sure is that it’s not working at present.

IMO we should be doing better with this group. We’re a decent outfit at this level.

• Thanks 1