And people still defend this manager

24 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Centre back is not a problem area. We do have enough. The problem is in attack and maybe still midfield as it has been for four years. Luongo unfortunately not fit enough and like Hutch gets yellow cards

The problem is Moore was supported to bring in a decent crop of players in the summer.

Likes of wing, adrenien, shipdpo, etc have shown they can perform much better and / or at a higher level but most look shot of confidence, all from the baffling tactics and poor management.

We are so easy to play against especially when we go behind because we constantly overplay and are not agressive or direct enough. The playing it out from back nonsense is not suited to either the players or the division.

Tactics are awful, time and time again get it out wide but none of the three midfielders get in box to support the front men and try to get on end of crosses so inevitably opposition have 5 or 6 in box marking two wednesday players, nearly impossible to score like that especially with no target man

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Until the Chairman does one we will not attract the right person. We are at best mid table league 1 with an owner who meddles, 20+ years of mis management, no significant funds to invest and a poor playing staff.

It is all down to the clown who owns the club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

The repeated mentions of Rotherham tells a tale. Can't help thinking their being on top is a big part of the problem to some here, who let's face it are primed for a bit of wailing at the best of times.

It's an important psychological principle, especially in this modern era of superficiality and fakery, to compare yourself to who you were yesterday and not to who someone else is today.

Perfectly reasonable to compare the recent form of Clubs relegated alongside us,Rotherham are a case in point,because they sit top of the Division,with a team built on a shoestring,and with loan players every Year,players being sold,and injury.

In the last 6 Years they have been relegated three times,and bounced straight back twice.They now sit top of L1 again,in pole position for another promotion.

Barnsley too after being relegated from the Championship.....

WW  now sit in a play off position,after being relegated....

The notion that this League is hard to get out of,for newly relegated Championship sides ,to me is false.

its only if sides dont get in the mix and stagnate does the League become difficult to get out of...

People just sadly dont want to see it,and the excuses keep coming....

is it so wrong to ask why these sides with a fraction of our budget even in these times are able to challenge,whilst we are struggling?

• Like 1
  • Love 3

12 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

The problem is Moore was supported to bring in a decent crop of players in the summer.

Likes of wing, adrenien, shipdpo, etc have shown they can perform much better and / or at a higher level but most look shot of confidence, all from the baffling tactics and poor management.

We are so easy to play against especially when we go behind because we constantly overplay and are not agressive or direct enough. The playing it out from back nonsense is not suited to either the players or the division.

Tactics are awful, time and time again get it out wide but none of the three midfielders get in box to support the front men and try to get on end of crosses so inevitably opposition have 5 or 6 in box marking two wednesday players, nearly impossible to score like that especially with no target man

This 100%..'We are so easy to play against especially when we go behind because we constantly overplay and are not agressive or direct enough. The playing it out from back nonsense is not suited to either the players or the division.

When will the penny drop?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Perfectly reasonable to compare the recent form of Clubs relegated alongside us,Rotherham are a case in point,because they sit top of the Division,with a team built on a shoestring,and with loan players every Year,players being sold,and injury.

In the last 6 Years they have been relegated three times,and bounced straight back twice.They now sit top of L1 again,in pole position for another promotion.

The notion that this League is hard to get out of,for newly relegated Championship sides ,to me is false.

its only if sides dont get in the mix and stagnate does the League become difficult to get out of...

is it so wrong to ask why these sides with a fraction of our budget even in these times are able to challenge,whilst we are struggling?

The opposite side of the argument is the mentioned teams are used to it, know what it takes to get promoted and bounce between the Championship and League 1 and never kick on, they'll all end up back in the championship relegation battle next season if they're promoted this year

Barnsley had a one off season last year and they've reverted to type this season.

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

The opposite side of the argument is the mentioned teams are used to it, know what it takes to get promoted and bounce between the Championship and League 1 and never kick on, they'll all end up back in the championship relegation battle next season if they're promoted this year

Barnsley had a one off season last year and they've reverted to type this season.

Theres always an opposite side to a debate,but TBH  the one you have just trotted out is frankly 8888  poor....excuse making....

Watch now as we start to drop even a hope of a play off place,what excuses will people continue to make than?...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cain said:

We’d be better off with Roger Moore than Darren Moore and he’s been dead for years

This reminds me of a story told by actor Nigel Havers when discussing Roger Moore. 

“Roger told me that whenever he does a bed scene he’d always say to the girl before, ‘Excuse me, I want to apologise now if I get an erection’. And then he’d pause and say, ‘And i’d also like to apologise if I don’t get an erection’.”

Back on Darren Moore, he and Sheffield Wednesday should really part their ways. 

• Haha 2

Just now, parajack said:

Theres always an opposite side to a debate,but TBH  the one you have just trotted out is frankly 8888  poor....excuse making....

Watch now as we start to drop even a hope of a play off place,what excuses will people continue to make than?...

It's not poor excuse making, it's facts, those teams are yo yo teams.

If you want us to be a yo - yo team, thats fine I guess

Just now, parajack said:

Its opinion  presented as 'facts' nothing more.....

I quote yourself

11 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

What, say like yoyos?

1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I quote yourself

What, say like yoyos?

NO  saying we should become like them,.....not inevitable at all...Changes can and should be made,to at least try to salvage the season...

DM  will not take us to the play offs and a bold move for new leadership now both on and off the pitch,together with the right  new players might,just might give us a punchers chance,

If he would take it,i would bring in Warnock for one season,with a promise of more if he gets us into the play offs,with the hope he can bring a Captain with him...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, parajack said:

This league is hard to get out of when you’re crap. Same as any other.