Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

Guest DoesJackHunt
16 hours ago, Mick70 said:

So just out of interest who do you think is to blame ? The current manager? The previous manager? The chairman? The advisers? Just like to hear who you think responsible?

Blame it on the boogie 

1 hour ago, vulture_squadron said:

Good when on the pitch, but like many others, was only on it for half the time he was at the club. Another older player with a dodgy injury record signed on big wages.

Yeah injuries have hampered us for what seems like forever and it’s frustrating as hell.

Think a previous poster said he snapped his achilles, proper random one that can affect any player at any random time. I think Hudson-Odio did his and he’s fairly young. 

But I totally get your point re old plodders after a pay day

18 hours ago, Mick70 said:

So just out of interest who do you think is to blame ? The current manager? The previous manager? The chairman? The advisers? Just like to hear who you think responsible?

Answer to your original post, currently the inability of the coaching staff at both first team and youth level to develop good young players into first team players are at fault, as well as their ability to see players that are better than their age group. Current Cadimateri looks a class act, but will never make it with our coaches he will end up elsewhere very soon.

long term the chairman who in 7 years at the club has ignored any actual investment in the structure of the club. We need qualified experienced coaches not ex players, we need facilities, good pitches, training facilities and way to improve players, we need a training facility for the 2020's not from the 1990's and equally as important we need a good scouting network.

in the 90's/00's we scouted a lot of good Irish players such as the quinns, geary into the youth set up, we had Australian players, the older one will remember Poric, but we had good British players too.

We are producing good players we just dont have the coaches to develop them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Answer to your original post, currently the inability of the coaching staff at both first team and youth level to develop good young players into first team players are at fault, as well as their ability to see players that are better than their age group. Current Cadimateri looks a class act, but will never make it with our coaches he will end up elsewhere very soon.

long term the chairman who in 7 years at the club has ignored any actual investment in the structure of the club. We need qualified experienced coaches not ex players, we need facilities, good pitches, training facilities and way to improve players, we need a training facility for the 2020's not from the 1990's and equally as important we need a good scouting network.

in the 90's/00's we scouted a lot of good Irish players such as the quinns, geary into the youth set up, we had Australian players, the older one will remember Poric, but we had good British players too.

We are producing good players we just dont have the coaches to develop them.

When was the last time you watched the youth team train? How often. What coaching qualifications do you have.

You claim, 

The coaces are all incompetent.

They wouldn't know a good player if they saw one.

Cadamarteri, you know more about his ability than the coaches, he is being coached badly and will leave for that reason rather than any other. ( you can't spell his name properly by the way)

Ex players aren't good coaches.

• Thanks 1

Charlton Athletic have made a £400k bid for Ipswich midfielder Scott Fraser.

Charlton Athletic are interested in Ipswich Town’s Scott Fraser, according to the Daily Record.

Charlton are looking to lure the midfielder to The Valley before the end of the transfer window.

3 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Conor Masterson is set to join Gillingham on loan from QPR for the rest of the season.

Sheffield Wednesday, Fleetwood & Crewe were also keen on the centre-back but Masterson is heading to Priestfield after an approach was made by the Gills.

Once we signed harlee Dean would imagine we dropped interest

• Like 1

21 hours ago, prowl said:

Don't you think our coaches are the best judges of where our youngsters are at.  If they were that good there would be queues of L1 and L2 clubs ready to take them on loan, instead they end up in none league. Our star U23 gets a gig at the bottom club in L2.

That suggests they aren't ready. Any club will promote youngsters who are better than the current players, it saves money, why wouldn't they.

There is an argument for starting juniors in a few games instead of a better player as part of their development, ours probably aren't ready for that.

You’re right. The ideal is to have some coming through who will be able to contribute and make an impact. But there is no point starting youngsters for the sake of it and especially if they are not of the required standard, or are unlikely to make the grade in the future. The professionals should be the judge. Most youngsters sadly won’t make it that’s just a fact in football.

Whether our coaching staff are A] of the required standard (I have my doubts) and B] whether they are capable of making that correct judgement are different points altogether though.

21 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

You’re right. The ideal is to have some coming through who will be able to contribute and make an impact. But there is no point starting youngsters for the sake of it and especially if they are not of the required standard, or are unlikely to make the grade in the future. The professionals should be the judge. Most youngsters sadly won’t make it that’s just a fact in football.

Whether our coaching staff are A] of the required standard (I have my doubts) and B] whether they are capable of making that correct judgement are different points altogether though.

Can't agree mate.

Youngsters should get involved with first team football based on their potential and not because they can make an impact right now as It is the best way to prepare them for regular first team football and improve them.

Please note that I'm not talking about starting them every week, but having them train with first team squad, getting them on the bench when we can and giving them first team football when appropriate.

Obviously, for such approach to make sense We must be able to identify players with so much potential that such approach would benefit the club. Or we must accept that none of our players are talented enough to deserve to get involved with the first team squad.

After all if such talent emerges He will get picked by Premier League clubs in a blink of an eye as they will be able to offer better wages, coaching, bit more prestige, etc... Only thing how We can hope to counter such interest in our youngsters is to treat them as part of our first team squad, both with wages we offer and opportunity of first team football.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, prowl said:

When was the last time you watched the youth team train? How often. What coaching qualifications do you have.

You claim, 

The coaces are all incompetent.

They wouldn't know a good player if they saw one.

Cadamarteri, you know more about his ability than the coaches, he is being coached badly and will leave for that reason rather than any other. ( you can't spell his name properly by the way)

Ex players aren't good coaches.

Then what makes any comment you, or any of us make relevant ? Should we stop commenting on first team games and player's performances as well ?

People on here questioned our first team manager from first game he took over and will until he get sacked, not only him, but Pulis, Monk, etc... Yet for some reason our academy coaches are God given and absolutely brilliant in what they do ? Incapable of making wrong call or mistake ?! There is incompetence at our club from top to the bottom and I will always more believe in my opinion than whatever likes of Haslam, Thompson, Moore tell me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, malek said:

Then what makes any comment you, or any of us make relevant ? Should we stop commenting on first team games and player's performances as well ?

People on here questioned our first team manager from first game he took over and will until he get sacked, not only him, but Pulis, Monk, etc... Yet for some reason our academy coaches are God given and absolutely brilliant in what they do ? Incapable of making wrong call or mistake ?! There is incompetence at our club from top to the bottom and I will always more believe in my opinion than whatever likes of Haslam, Thompson, Moore tell me.

I've no objection to passing comment on first team players, we get to see them regularly, same with the first team coach. We can form opinions no matter whether they are really valid in proper footballing terms.

If someone wants to call the academy coaches incompetent, let us see what basis they have for doing so. How much do they know about training, how many times have they seen the coaches in training, how many academy games have they seen. By all means bemoan the lack of academy players coming through but calling the coaches incompetent is going too far.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

I've no objection to passing comment on first team players, we get to see them regularly, same with the first team coach. We can form opinions no matter whether they are really valid in proper footballing terms.

If someone wants to call the academy coaches incompetent, let us see what basis they have for doing so. How much do they know about training, how many times have they seen the coaches in training, how many academy games have they seen. By all means bemoan the lack of academy players coming through but calling the coaches incompetent is going too far.

Fair enough, thanks for replay.

35 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Source ?

Giddings......DM keeping his options open ahead of deadline day. He’s not ruled the prospect of ins or outs before that deadline.

I also saw something saying he might go for an extra striker with Gregory being ou but I can't find it now. If nothing else it indicates that Gregory is going to be out for a fair while,  you wouldn't bring someone else in if it was for a week or two.

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

Giddings......DM keeping his options open ahead of deadline day. He’s not ruled the prospect of ins or outs before that deadline.

I also saw something saying he might go for an extra striker with Gregory being ou but I can't find it now. If nothing else it indicates that Gregory is going to be out for a fair while,  you wouldn't bring someone else in if it was for a week or two.

Moore said depends on severity of injury, foot swollen, DM unsure if short or long term. Be very difficult to suddenly get a good striker with no money and lack of time.

If Adeniran is out for the season then we might have to keep Wing. Maybe Waldock will get a chance as back up? If not, we need to be sending Shodipo and Gibson back ASAP so we can use those wages for another CM who’ll actually get on the pitch at some point.

If I’m being greedy I’d like another centre half as well in case of injuries and suspensions - having three proper centre halves playing yesterday made such a difference, I really don’t want us to go back to Johnson and Palmer playing in defence again and who knows if we’ll see Iorfa and Dunkley again this season