Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

Newcastle and Leeds in for Brennan Johnson, a 20 year old attacking midfielder at Forest. Playing his first full championship season after spending last season on loan at Lincoln

The fee will be in the region of £20m.

the benefits of developing and playing your own youth players instead of assuming they are all rubbish and releasing them.

Forest are masters at developing young players then selling on - last season Cash, the season before Osborne, the season before Brereton and you can bet everyone of these deals had sell on clauses included.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Newcastle and Leeds in for Brennan Johnson, a 20 year old attacking midfielder at Forest. Playing his first full championship season after spending last season on loan at Lincoln

the benefits of developing and playing your own youth players instead of assuming they are all rubbish and releasing them.

Forest are masters at developing young players then selling on - last season Cash, the season before Osborne, the season before Brereton and you can bet everyone of these deals had sell on clauses included.

We could sell them Brennan And Johnson. Two for the price of one. 

I SAID YOU BUY ONE, YOU GET ONE FREE. 

• Haha 7

23 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not necessarily.

We managed to get Byers in similarly, one with a bit more upside then others we have signed.

We also signed Brown which I imagine we had one eye on the future too tbh.

Byers is a woeful signing hopefully we don’t get no more like him. 

4 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

What is it with you and ‘youngsters’?  The reason we don’t play your Waldock’s, Galvin’s etc is because they are clearly not ready or just sh*t!  Harlee Dean on paper is an outstanding signing. Experienced, solid and a leader yet you’d rather sign some youth or keep chucking Brennan in when he’s quite clearly not quite ready. Truly bizarre!

To be fair to him, he just wants to see the club try something different for once. Here we are again spending big on wages to try and get that short term goal. On paper, Dean seems a good signing and hopefully he isn't another Anthony Gardener, Darren Purse or whoever else we brought in in the past who'd had a good career but was on the way down when they got to us.

It's a fact that we are one of the worst 'big clubs' in the country at developing and selling players - something that is essential if you don't have parachute money or your owner's massive gamble doesn't pay off.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, malek said:

Absolutely. We spent fortune to assemble side that is no better than one that got us relegated and wouldn't stand any better chance of staying up if We get promoted. 

We need to get up like We did in 2004 with next Whelan and next Brunt in our squad. 

Chansiri spent a lot this season with very little value brought to the club. 

100 percent agree with this. Waldock could have featured in the match day squad and started more and would he have done a worse job than what Byers, Wing and Dele have ?? We didnt have a left back yet didnt play Galvin ??

We should have built a NEW team pre season, and used more of our youth to build a squad. Brennan has performed well when played but Moore has used Peterson Palmer and Johnson as CBs ahead of him. Just doesn't bode well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

To be fair to him, he just wants to see the club try something different for once. Here we are again spending big on wages to try and get that short term goal. On paper, Dean seems a good signing and hopefully he isn't another Anthony Gardener, Darren Purse or whoever else we brought in in the past who'd had a good career but was on the way down when they got to us.

It's a fact that we are one of the worst 'big clubs' in the country at developing and selling players - something that is essential if you don't have parachute money or your owner's massive gamble doesn't pay off.

Yes I know what you/he means. To be honest, when I read my message back, it seems a tad harsh!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

What is it with you and ‘youngsters’?  The reason we don’t play your Waldock’s, Galvin’s etc is because they are clearly not ready or just sh*t!  Harlee Dean on paper is an outstanding signing. Experienced, solid and a leader yet you’d rather sign some youth or keep chucking Brennan in when he’s quite clearly not quite ready. Truly bizarre!

I have to say i feel the complete opposite of this. How do we know there not ready ??? Brennan when playing has looked one of our better defenders yet Palmer Paterson and Johnson have been picked ahead of them. 

You have to chuck in youngsters to find out of there ready, and not for a game her and there for a run. not in a struggling side which were not. 

Dean i agree is a great signing i do agree but i would much rather us persist with youngsters and move forward than stockpilling players and going nowhere.

• Thanks 1

We needed to get some experience in the back line? By that I mean experience in playing in their positions not some full back and wing back cum winger who have done their best but lapses in concentration and not being the best headers of the ball resulting in silly goals being given away? Now if we were out of striking distance of the play offs I’d gone for Brennan waldoxk and galvin from now to end of season just to see where exactly they are? While ever we had a chance to go back up dc HAD to roll again 

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:

We needed to get some experience in the back line? By that I mean experience in playing in their positions not some full back and wing back cum winger who have done their best but lapses in concentration and not being the best headers of the ball resulting in silly goals being given away? Now if we were out of striking distance of the play offs I’d gone for Brennan waldoxk and galvin from now to end of season just to see where exactly they are? While ever we had a chance to go back up dc HAD to roll again 

No one is saying that.

We had big clear out at the end of the season and huge chance to start building squad that could do well and improve as We move on. Moore banged his chest about his work with and development of young players and how this is the season to finally give youth chance.

And what did We do ? We did what we've been doing for years and what got us into this situation in the first place. This squad can't be improved as it is made mostly by veterans (our best players certainly are) that won't/shouldn't be here for a long haul either due to their age or lack of quality. We don't have anyone who We improved and prepared to make a step up and take their place.

As things stand We will have to replace likes of Bannan, Luongo, Hutchinson, Gregory, etc... with another players at their peak that We will have to pay for at peak prices. In mean time We won't be able to sell anyone, at least not for profit as We didn't bring in anyone with any transfer value in and didn't improve anyone of our younger players. And where this leaves us in couple of years ? Yes, very possibly breaking another FFP rules and staring at another transfer embargo, points deduction, or whatever...

Clubs in our situation can't afford to do business like We do and those that are doing well, certainly don't.

Just look at Blackburn, doing best they've been doing in a decade.

They started their last game with 5 players that came through their academy and largely helped out by young players they brought in and improved.

Whole Red Bull franchise refuses to pay transfer fees for any player older than 23.

AZ Alkmar said that they realized that they can't buy best players so must start producing them - and went on to do just that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Now compare that with how well We developed our youth.

Dreading what We will do to splendid talent like Cadamarteri or Shipston. If somehow they remain at the club when they turn 20 they both should have at least 30 first team starts for the club. They won't have any... 😓

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, malek said:

No one is saying that.

We had big clear out at the end of the season and huge chance to start building squad that could do well and improve as We move on. Moore banged his chest about his work with and development of young players and how this is the season to finally give youth chance.

And what did We do ? We did what we've been doing for years and what got us into this situation in the first place. This squad can't be improved as it is made mostly by veterans (our best players certainly are) that won't/shouldn't be here for a long haul either due to their age or lack of quality. We don't have anyone who We improved and prepared to make a step up and take their place.

As things stand We will have to replace likes of Bannan, Luongo, Hutchinson, Gregory, etc... with another players at their peak that We will have to pay for at peak prices. In mean time We won't be able to sell anyone, at least not for profit as We didn't bring in anyone with any transfer value in and didn't improve anyone of our younger players. And where this leaves us in couple of years ? Yes, very possibly breaking another FFP rules and staring at another transfer embargo, points deduction, or whatever...

Clubs in our situation can't afford to do business like We do and those that are doing well, certainly don't.

They started their last game with 5 players that came through their academy and largely helped out by young players they brought in and improved.

Whole Red Bull franchise refuses to pay transfer fees for any player older than 23.

AZ Alkmar said that they realized that they can't buy best players so must start producing them - and went on to do just that.

I honestly thought we were going to go down a different route under Moore. Unfortunately we haven’t. We might still do come the summer particularly if as seems likely we remain in this league.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, malek said:

No one is saying that.

Id say the pressure from above about getting back into the championship was/is too great for moore to bring younger players through as we and probably him want to? I get the feeling their still influences within the club from whom certain signings come from? Do you think moore really wanted kamberi and sow? Now I’m not saying he didn’t but I’d wager he knew little to next to nothing about them? End of this season we hit the reset button as in we can start spending again providing dc wants to( and that will materialise in time) now like you said there a few out of contract and whoever in charge there going to be one huge rebuild yet again 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Id say the pressure from above about getting back into the championship was/is too great for moore to bring younger players through as we and probably him want to? I get the feeling their still influences within the club from whom certain signings come from? Do you think moore really wanted kamberi and sow? Now I’m not saying he didn’t but I’d wager he knew little to next to nothing about them? End of this season we hit the reset button as in we can start spending again providing dc wants to( and that will materialise in time) now like you said there a few out of contract and whoever in charge there going to be one huge rebuild yet again 

But has he done any better with the old folk?

Both Kamberi and Sow have better goals to minutes than Gregory, despite playing most of the season sporadically in midfield.

If we'd played those two instead of Gregory and Berahino all season, there wouldn't be any pressure.

7 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

You mean at the end of this season when we have spent all the early bird season ticket money, when the last high earners will leave bar Bannan - who will stay as what team out side the Premier league would pay £20k a week for a player that does not score 20 goals a season, or keep 20 clean sheets 

There isn't any money for Spendagenen we will be lucky to get free agents again.

• Like 1

When I meant pressure from above from before season started ? We all know when monk/pulis arrived dc even then mentioned play offs ! I’m all for youth and we’ve got a really good under 18 set up atm and be interested to see how many of those filter through? As for spending I never said he throw cas around I said be interesting to see how that pans out? Do I think he will ? No because I think he’d sell if he gets an offer that he wants( which he won’t) so he’ll keep us ticking over as he’s done for last few seasons hoping we’d get promoted on the money he’d already spent . That’s another reason the pressure on club be easier to sell in championship? All guess work and my opinion that’s all 

So we sign the lad from Arsenal who looks no better than Adedoyin 

Adedoyin has been given no league starts, and 3 appearance in the JPT, where he scored 1 goal in 50 minutes.

From this the manager has decided he is not good enough and sign a player he had on loan at Donny, and on loan at Blackpool who by in large has been awful.

TJJ this season has played 601 minutes scoring 0 goals 

How about don't sign TJJ and instead give Adedoyin game time and a chance, or really what is the point of a development squad. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

So we sign the lad from Arsenal who looks no better than Adedoyin 

Adedoyin has been given no league starts, and 3 appearance in the JPT, where he scored 1 goal in 50 minutes.

From this the manager has decided he is not good enough and sign a player he had on loan at Donny, and on loan at Blackpool who by in large has been awful.

TJJ this season has played 601 minutes scoring 0 goals 

How about don't sign TJJ and instead give Adedoyin game time and a chance, or really what is the point of a development squad. 

He must have more volume and time on the grass. thats all that matters isnt it?