Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

4 minutes ago, striker said:

I dont know, just recall it was widely reported that there was a maximum of 5 allowed on a matchday team sheet.  I cant find anything suggesting a difference between types of loan, so that loophole maybe closed?

Yeah I assume it’s been closed.

Just looked  and Watford had 12 international loans in 12/13. 

When they beat us in 4-1 in 2012 they had 8 loans in the match day squad. 

I’ll be shocked if any rule like that is still in place. But was just curious with us being linked with an international loan player. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Yeah I assume it’s been closed.

Just looked  and Watford had 12 international loans in 12/13. 

When they beat us in 4-1 in 2012 they had 8 loans in the match day squad. 

I’ll be shocked if any rule like that is still in place. But was just curious with us being linked with an international loan player. 

The loop hole got closed i think the guys who owned Watford , their dad owns Udinese in Italy and they loaned virtually a full team from them so they could get around paying fees and Udinese pay most of the salaries.

question .darren moore stated that luongo will not be playing 3 games a week on friday so who do you want in the team in place? byers or wing? if you have watched both this season you will know byers was not even good enough in the papa john games and the u23 games he played he was just going through the motions . he is 100% going to be needed in midfield in the next 8 days there is just nobody else to play centre mid.. play hutch there again and thats him out for season knowing d moore that will be 2moro. 

5 minutes ago, malek said:

At what we are paying him, he should be in starting 11 every week or gone.

Well if we can afford to keep him I’d rather he stay, unless we can find an adequate replacement in the next few hours.

Adenarin out for the season. Relying on Luongo to stay injury free is a big ask. 

A lot of games coming up, we need bodies. Not quite worked out for Wing here, but he has quality and if we get injuries or suspensions he is a very good option to bring into the team. 

I know nowt to do with us but Utd have recalled Jebbison from his loan at Burton. At least he won't be scoring against us on Saturday, which would have been nailed on.

They've also brought in Charlie Goode from Brentford. A few on here suggested for a loan to us, a very good centre half.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I know nowt to do with us but Utd have recalled Jebbison from his loan at Burton. At least he won't be scoring against us on Saturday, which would have been nailed on.

They've also brought in Charlie Goode from Brentford. A few on here suggested for a loan to us, a very good centre half.

Yep said to mates Saturday that jebbinson nailed on to score against us 

21 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Remember thinking Christ but the big man did a decent job for his few games he played for wasn’t he 38 or something when we signed him can’t actually remember if he scored or not but nobody bullied him old school lump like a British attey 

28 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Think the oddest thing was he was playing for Hartlepool in L2 and had not been pulling up any trees. 

Was a decent player really. He was brilliant in that game against Middlesbrough where he scored. 

10 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Remember thinking Christ but the big man did a decent job for his few games he played for wasn’t he 38 or something when we signed him can’t actually remember if he scored or not but nobody bullied him old school lump like a British attey 

He did a job for us. Scored on the final day against Boro. Shrewd signing from Dave Jones.

• Like 1