Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

On 28/01/2022 at 17:04, malek said:

Then what makes any comment you, or any of us make relevant ? Should we stop commenting on first team games and player's performances as well ?

People on here questioned our first team manager from first game he took over and will until he get sacked, not only him, but Pulis, Monk, etc... Yet for some reason our academy coaches are God given and absolutely brilliant in what they do ? Incapable of making wrong call or mistake ?! There is incompetence at our club from top to the bottom and I will always more believe in my opinion than whatever likes of Haslam, Thompson, Moore tell me.

Glad to see its not just me that thinks this way about the coaching set up.

On 28/01/2022 at 17:51, Drewswfc said:

I think it's crap from Moore that waldock wasn't given a chance in defensive midfield when loungo has been out most of the season. He's always looked decent when I've seen him play

Snap. I would have had him in the squad as Luongo’s understudy from the start. We’re in league one this is the time to give the youngsters a crack. But we’ve gone a different direction and flooded the squad again. 
I’ve seen a bit of Waldock and I do rate him, not seen as much of Galvin but we’ve not had a left back all season, surely he would be worth a go. 

By having these two as part of the first team squad we could have saved on the wages of Wing and Brown for example then if it didn’t work out for them and they didn’t look up to it use January as a chance to address it. 

• Like 4

If kamberi gets injured again we have no pond up top to hold on to the ball bring others into the game and get us up the pitch? By sounds of it Gregory gona be out at least few weeks and kamberi just come back from injury? Paterson isn’t the player to bond it up like Gregory or kamberi and with so many games coming up in a short space of time it so gona make or break our season! Unless we c  as n get shodipo and Gibson back another loan gona be hard for us regarding how many can be in match day squad . He’s gota go for another target man preferably a free agent but god knows who? 

58 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Think Moore likes to have a target man up top. With Gregory out that leaves us with Kamberi, who has just come back from injury himself.

Could do with someone to fill in maybe. Really don’t think that’s Paterson’s game. 

I think we have more players who have been injured than havent this season i would not worry about Kamberi. We have more than enough options in the squad. 

Guest DoesJackHunt

With Adeniran out I think we could do with a really high energy midfielder for the squad, to share the work load of FDB.

No idea who’s any good or available though. 

Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. We could do with some extra cover at centre half and centre midfield if we’re not going to play Brennan or Waldock. Andre Wisdom is without a club and could be a shout for centre half until the end of the season, no idea about who the other CM could be though. 

With TJJ through the door I’m not sure we need another striker - we’ve got him, Kamberi, Windass, Sow, Paterson and Berahino even with Gregory missing. That’s a fair chunk of wages already being spent on strikers - ideally we’d cut our losses on Berahino, but it looks like we’re stuck with him

3 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

If Gregory is out wouldn’t mind seeing Sam Baldock come in until the end of the season.

Similar experienced frontman that would probably score goals in a team like ours. Was released by Derby this month. 

I’d be happy with that. Contract till end of season with a 1 year incentive on the club side.