Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

A move to Portsmouth for Lewis Wing could see Sheffield Wednesday try their luck with Rotherham United midfielder Jamie Lindsay but any deal would be tough.

Lindsay would be just another body in our midfield and certainly not an improvement on what We have here. 

MK Dons and Oxford United are showing an interest in Brighton and Hove Albion youngster Haydon Roberts, who could leave on loan before the transfer window slams shut.

Roberts, 19, has been linked with a temporary move to the Football League with Sheffield Wednesday this month, however Darren Moore has since cooled his interest in the player.

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Terrible news. 

I don't think he's been that bad, not good but not as bad as Berahino, for example. 

Seemed to have a confidence problem, don't think this situation would help his confidence either. At least it's another body available if needed.

• Like 2

Like others I watched wing play for Rotherham quite a few times including against us last season and was glad we’d got him in the summer? Obviously a confidence thing with him ? Still a player in there imo just not with us 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Like others I watched wing play for Rotherham quite a few times including against us last season and was glad we’d got him in the summer? Obviously a confidence thing with him ? Still a player in there imo just not with us 

Yes I saw him a few times last season. He and Crooks stood out in their midfield.

I don't think he's been anywhere as bad for us as has been made out by some on here.

With games coming up thick and fast in the next few weeks, with DM resting players and the inevitable injuries, he will be useful to have around. 

Hopefully he will be extra motivated when he gets back into the team and play an important  part of our push for the play offs.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yes I saw him a few times last season. He and Crooks stood out in their midfield.

I don't think he's been anywhere as bad for us as has been made out by some on here.

With games coming up thick and fast in the next few weeks, with DM resting players and the inevitable injuries, he will be useful to have around. 

Hopefully he will be extra motivated when he gets back into the team and play an important  part of our push for the play offs.

With Dennis out for the season that’s one body down. Problem with last day deals they can fall through just when you think it’s sorted? At least he’s here and already signed could let him go then no one comes in ? Yes he’s it been great but neither has the whole team tbf apart from a few games! 

• Like 1

1m ago14:33

Trio interested in Otasowie

AEK Athens, Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday are interested in signing Club Brugge midfielder Owen Otasowie on loan until the end of the season

from Sky transfer centre, maybe a replacement for Wing if he moves ?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, andypandy said:

1m ago14:33

Trio interested in Otasowie

AEK Athens, Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday are interested in signing Club Brugge midfielder Owen Otasowie on loan until the end of the season

from Sky transfer centre, maybe a replacement for Wing if he moves ?

Google suggests he's a defensive midfielder, so an area we do need to look at assuming we need to manage Luongo.

However, and while I appreciate our restrictions, concerned by another loan player. We can only select 5 at a time.

BPF, Storey, Dean, Kamberi and John-Jules look to have the places at the moment and difficult to leave them out, although  weve not seen a lot of John-Jules yet. But, the others are important players and almost guaranteed starters. 

Do international loans count towards the 5?

I’m not up to date on the rules but I remember Watford back in 2014 finding a loop hole with international loans when they had loads of arrivals from Udinese and other international clubs. 

I presume that it has now changed

7 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Do international loans count towards the 5?

I’m not up to date on the rules but I remember Watford back in 2014 finding a loop hole with international loans when they had loads of arrivals from Udinese and other international clubs. 

I presume that it has now changed

I dont know, just recall it was widely reported that there was a maximum of 5 allowed on a matchday team sheet.  I cant find anything suggesting a difference between types of loan, so that loophole maybe closed?