Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

20 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Oh god here we go people wanting to see more of adedoyin now he’s possibly going, nobody care the whole time he’s been here ffs 😂 

Once again someone else missing the point.

adedoyin is just an example of a youth player we have not given a chance and instead we sign a loan player no better than the players we already had.

Others examples are Brown when we had Galvin, Gibson when we had Brennan, Wing when we had Hunt, Byers when we had Waldock and the list goes on.

had we giving these 4 youth player 20+ games we could have a gem on our hands and teams sniffing around offering decent fees, at the very least we have a player who could be an asset to the team and the club for the next few seasons.

Instead all we have with the current policy, is a lot of rubbish signing adding overheads and little more and lots of promising youth players being released at the end of the season.at

Or people such as yourself saying they are all rubbish because none of them have been given a chance to stake a first team place. The one guy who did (and only after the right back and left winger were injured) has just got a 2 and half year deal after excelling, but in true DM fashion he drops him for a left winger to play out of position, who cost us yet more goals on Saturday.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Don't you think our coaches are the best judges of where our youngsters are at.  If they were that good there would be queues of L1 and L2 clubs ready to take them on loan, instead they end up in none league. Our star U23 gets a gig at the bottom club in L2.

That suggests they aren't ready. Any club will promote youngsters who are better than the current players, it saves money, why wouldn't they.

There is an argument for starting juniors in a few games instead of a better player as part of their development, ours probably aren't ready for that.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

adedoyin is just an example of a youth player we have not given a chance and instead we sign a loan player no better than the players we already had.

Others examples are Brown when we had Galvin, Gibson when we had Brennan, Wing when we had Hunt, Byers when we had Waldock and the list goes on.

had we giving these 4 youth player 20+ games we could have a gem on our hands and teams sniffing around offering decent fees, at the very least we have a player who could be an asset to the team and the club for the next few seasons.

Instead all we have with the current policy, is a lot of rubbish signing adding overheads and little more and lots of promising youth players being released at the end of the season.at

Or people such as yourself saying they are all rubbish because none of them have been given a chance to stake a first team place. The one guy who did (and only after the right back and left winger were injured) has just got a 2 and half year deal after excelling, but in true DM fashion he drops him for a left winger to play out of position, who cost us yet more goals on Saturday.

So just out of interest who do you think is to blame ? The current manager? The previous manager? The chairman? The advisers? Just like to hear who you think responsible?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

So just out of interest who do you think is to blame ? The current manager? The previous manager? The chairman? The advisers? Just like to hear who you think responsible?

We got told last pre season youth would be give a chance this season. We are in the position we are in for season after season of having over paid aging players with no resale and not selling them when we get decent offers.

We have proceeded this season to sign lots of players that had added very little to the team other more overheads. The core of the team were player here before Moore.

we are told Darren is in charge of team affairs, did he forget he said youth would get a chance or more likely was he just like every other person in football ready off a crib sheet.

We are not sustainable as a club unless we find a way to develop our own players, look at what we have wasted this season alone in loan wages.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Don't you think our coaches are the best judges of where our youngsters are at.  If they were that good there would be queues of L1 and L2 clubs ready to take them on loan, instead they end up in none league. Our star U23 gets a gig at the bottom club in L2.

That suggests they aren't ready. Any club will promote youngsters who are better than the current players, it saves money, why wouldn't they.

There is an argument for starting juniors in a few games instead of a better player as part of their development, ours probably aren't ready for that.

So you think the signing of Gibson when we had Brennan waiting for a chance was good business.

We had a young centre back, we could have played instead of wasting money bringing Gibson in on loan. But as you say they cannot be good enough because our coaches says there not, but then it turns out Brennan is more than good enough.

i wonder what other players we have could turn out to be good enough, but our coaching staff say why bother giving them a chance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We got told last pre season youth would be give a chance this season. We are in the position we are in for season after season of having over paid aging players with no resale and not selling them when we get decent offers.

We have proceeded this season to sign lots of players that had added very little to the team other more overheads. The core of the team were player here before Moore.

we are told Darren is in charge of team affairs, did he forget he said youth would get a chance or more likely was he just like every other person in football ready off a crib sheet.

We are not sustainable as a club unless we find a way to develop our own players, look at what we have wasted this season alone in loan wages.

You still not said who you think is responsible? And before you think I’m having a go I totally agree youth should be given a chance? Our neighbours have constantly turned players out yr after yr yet we have very few that make it here? 

23 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So you think the signing of Gibson when we had Brennan waiting for a chance was good business.

We had a young centre back, we could have played instead of wasting money bringing Gibson in on loan. But as you say they cannot be good enough because our coaches says there not, but then it turns out Brennan is more than good enough.

i wonder what other players we have could turn out to be good enough, but our coaching staff say why bother giving them a chance.

It's easy to say these things with hindsight. Gibson might be a great player, I've no way of knowing, we've only seen a glimpse of him.

You are pitting your judgement against our coaching teams, good luck with that. They see Brennan day in and day out at training, they have only used him as a last resort. I think he's done well when he's come in but the coaches obviously don't agree with either of us. I'll accept their judgement, you obviously know better.

We don't know which of our players will turn out good enough, Hunt is obviously not ready despite a large section of our fans wanting him in the first team. If he was he would be going on loan to a top L2 side not one in a relegation battle.

Wishing our players to be good enough isn't going to make it so. Let the coaches do their jobs. They've got badgers.lol

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I’ll say that it’s you youth structure and academy that has been neglected for yrs ? Our neighbours have invested more than us and seem to attract better prospects than us ? So you got to say they have better scouts and coaches too? Since our relegation from the premier we have gone from one disaster to another? Lack of money investment bad management ? Nearly going bust you name it we’ve been there? So for 20 yrs at least we’ve been putting plasters over cracks from the directors to the players to the training ground to the actual stadium. Then we finally get someone with some financial clout who instead of getting some proper advice and trying to run the club on a sound and structured business plan like Leicester did . What we got was a whirlwind ride for a couple of yrs where the chairman either listened to bad advice of made the decisions all himself. And probably a bit of both? So he rolled the dice on a win or bust attitude and we are where we are because of it. This club will take some turning around from every angle especially with the current structure in place . And looks to me like he rolling the dice once again 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

It's easy to say these things with hindsight. Gibson might be a great player, I've no way of knowing, we've only seen a glimpse of him.

You are pitting your judgement against our coaching teams, good luck with that. They see Brennan day in and day out at training, they have only used him as a last resort. I think he's done well when he's come in but the coaches obviously don't agree with either of us. I'll accept their judgement, you obviously know better.

We don't know which of our players will turn out good enough, Hunt is obviously not ready despite a large section of our fans wanting him in the first team. If he was he would be going on loan to a top L2 side not one in a relegation battle.

Wishing our players to be good enough isn't going to make it so. Let the coaches do their jobs. They've got badgers.lol

I don't think Gibson was necessarily a bad signing ability-wise, as we needed a LCB and from what I can see he's not competing with Brennan for a spot as Brennan has always been RCB. But unfortunately he's another crock we've ended up funding.

I do agree that we could have utilised the youth players a bit more. I worry we have still spent over our budget this season - e.g. signing Byers when Alex Hunt could have played that role in the squad on lower wages (or Waldock at a push). The gamble on Berahino and Sow, I can understand gambling on one of them but surely we didn't need both.

Moore has tried to develop a few youngish players in Dele-Bashiru, Adeniran and Brown. Unfortunately I think Brown is miles off being a Sheffield Wednesday player, and while I don't think Galvin is necessarily the answer, he couldn't have done much worse than Brown. At least Dele-Bashiru is developing into a player, after being distinctly unimpressed the little I saw of him last year.

15 minutes ago, prowl said:

Absolutely. Brennans still a young un and still way too lightweight. We've been shipping goals in the air and the management team know he's not up to the task as yet. He'll get there I'm sure, but he isn't there yet, not even near.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, vulture_squadron said:

To be fair to him, he just wants to see the club try something different for once. Here we are again spending big on wages to try and get that short term goal. On paper, Dean seems a good signing and hopefully he isn't another Anthony Gardener, Darren Purse or whoever else we brought in in the past who'd had a good career but was on the way down when they got to us.

It's a fact that we are one of the worst 'big clubs' in the country at developing and selling players - something that is essential if you don't have parachute money or your owner's massive gamble doesn't pay off.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but I thought Gardner was fantastic for us tbh

Oh and on transfer news, Georgie Kelly, Bohemians to Rotherham. Striker I think

10 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I have to say i feel the complete opposite of this. How do we know there not ready ??? Brennan when playing has looked one of our better defenders yet Palmer Paterson and Johnson have been picked ahead of them. 

You have to chuck in youngsters to find out of there ready, and not for a game her and there for a run. not in a struggling side which were not. 

Dean i agree is a great signing i do agree but i would much rather us persist with youngsters and move forward than stockpilling players and going nowhere.

Waldock has been poor in his few appearances. Adedoyin has looked like a raw kid in the pizza cup. Alex Hunt looked like an 11 year old playing last season. Brennan looks the best of the lot yet I’m still nowhere near convinced with him. Can’t mark properly.

Interestingly, I couldn’t disagree with YOU more. Our youth players should all be going out on loan to League 2 and non league. Bring the ones who do well back the following season. Our aim is to get promoted. We won’t do that with raw kids who have barely played league football. I’m not a Moore fan but that is something that he has got 100% correct this season.

Edited by Owlabroad2001
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, malek said:

No one is saying that.

We had big clear out at the end of the season and huge chance to start building squad that could do well and improve as We move on. Moore banged his chest about his work with and development of young players and how this is the season to finally give youth chance.

And what did We do ? We did what we've been doing for years and what got us into this situation in the first place. This squad can't be improved as it is made mostly by veterans (our best players certainly are) that won't/shouldn't be here for a long haul either due to their age or lack of quality. We don't have anyone who We improved and prepared to make a step up and take their place.

As things stand We will have to replace likes of Bannan, Luongo, Hutchinson, Gregory, etc... with another players at their peak that We will have to pay for at peak prices. In mean time We won't be able to sell anyone, at least not for profit as We didn't bring in anyone with any transfer value in and didn't improve anyone of our younger players. And where this leaves us in couple of years ? Yes, very possibly breaking another FFP rules and staring at another transfer embargo, points deduction, or whatever...

Clubs in our situation can't afford to do business like We do and those that are doing well, certainly don't.

Just look at Blackburn, doing best they've been doing in a decade.

They started their last game with 5 players that came through their academy and largely helped out by young players they brought in and improved.

Whole Red Bull franchise refuses to pay transfer fees for any player older than 23.

AZ Alkmar said that they realized that they can't buy best players so must start producing them - and went on to do just that.

Yes and Blackburn have been a Category 1 Academy club since it started. Hence why they have BETTER youngsters. Your comparison means nothing.

• Like 1

We should start to see the benefits of the academy over the next couple of years Manderic put some empathise on it around 8/9 years ago I think. These currently u18s are showing promise we have to hope they are sent on loan and managed correctly. 

let Adedoyin go, Waldock go, galvin they aren’t good enough they’ve gone on loan to conference south teams million miles from league football and they are all 21 now. They were looked at over pre season and it’s clear they aren’t good enough. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Absolutely. Brennans still a young un and still way too lightweight. We've been shipping goals in the air and the management team know he's not up to the task as yet. He'll get there I'm sure, but he isn't there yet, not even near.

I realise it is just opinions but I think Brennan is already a better defender than Palmer and Johnson.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ruscol85 said:

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but I thought Gardner was fantastic for us tbh

Gardner was arguably our best player in that first season after promotion, really classy performer. Unfortunately snapped his achilles away at Boro a few games into the next season and that was it, he never played again.

So whether he proved a good value signing is probably up for debate, but getting us stabilised in the Championship was worth a lot and our defence looked lost without him until Loovens arrived.

12 hours ago, ruscol85 said:

Good when on the pitch, but like many others, was only on it for half the time he was at the club. Another older player with a dodgy injury record signed on big wages.

16 hours ago, room0035 said:

Couple of points to make adedoyin hasn’t been given a chance because the club don’t think he’s good enough yet. You mention that we’ve signed a player no better than what we have already got. That’s questionable in itself and I’m almost confident he will John jules will be able to offer attributes much better than berahino and is much better that adadoyin and will contribute much more 

your other examples I can understand if we just kept our youngsters in the under 23s this wasn’t the case we brought in younger players with experience or better success and we loaned our youngsters out to get that experience and further their development hunt was was even reloaned out at a higher level. So I’m not really understanding that point when we are clearly giving a young players the experience and bronging

on their development something we should ha fe been doing much more years ago if they push on with a strong preseason maybe they are ready to compete regularly at at our level chasing our ambitions 

you say if we gave those players 20 plus games we might have a gem on our hands and teams sniffing around offering decent fees, does this not  apply if they are out on loan? 

Then you mention lots of promising youth players being released at the end of the season yet the 4 you mention and are promising we have tied down to longer contracts this year

• Like 3